Server population is dropping...

Miffy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy. Lots are just standard now and you log on to them to see what the populations are like and you'll get like 20 people in a zone compared to around 80 in the very heavy ones.

Bioware needs to start merging servers before they make the mistake every other developer has done with mmorpgs ever since WoW. If you're part of an unpopulated server you're more likely to quit because you cannot find the people to play with.

It's not a doomsday thread but Bioware need to get on top of the population decline before the servers get too underpopulated and people quit.

I have been playing since early access, even on IC it's dropped a lot.

Holidays over? People back at school and work? Not everyone is playing 24/7 like the week after launch?

MUST BE DOOMSDAY!

Still doesn't explain lack of full servers during peak hours when at launch and before there were Que times just to get in, as well as the light servers that never go heavy or full anymore.

There were occasions when I had to wait to get onto Giradda the Hutt server during Christmas. This morning there were 6 people on Alderan. Hope this is not a trend. Nobody advertises for guilds in Chat, the pugs are ridiculous, it seems nobody knows how to run a group and won't listen if you try to do it. I really like this game but..............

Still doesn't explain lack of full servers during peak hours when at launch and before there were Que times just to get in, as well as the light servers that never go heavy or full anymore.

They rraised the caps so what was Full shows as Very Heavy and to be hones I seen soem Full during the weekend (for example my PVP server Tomb of Freaki' Long Queues)

btw posting WE ALL GONNA DIE THE GAME IS FAAAILING is useful for what?

Edited by mutharex

They rraised the caps so what was Full shows as Very Heavy and to be hones I seen soem Full during the weekend (for example my PVP server Tomb of Freaki' Long Queues)

btw posting WE ALL GONNA DIE THE GAME IS FAAAILING is useful for what?

Aye, but the numbers to the right of the zone your in don't lie. I'd say do your own research and come back with some hard data. Personally i'm hoping people just spread themselves a lil' thin and once all the free subs and WoW players go away they will balance it out through free or paid moves and consolidations.

I can't speak for other servers but mine is more packed than ever. The Fleet was full of people this weekend. Getting around there would be nasty if this game had collision detection.

Planet instances were also heavy with around ~100 players on every planet I went to over the weekend with the exception of Ilum.

Is it possible they upped the thresholds for the servers now that people are more spread out? I don't have Q times anymore yet everywhere I go I see higher numbers of people than ever before.

Edited by Hellapain

I can't speak for other servers but mine is more packed than ever. The Fleet was full of people this weekend. Getting around there would be nasty if this game had collision detection.

Planet instances were also heavy with around ~100 players on every planet I went to over the weekend with the exception of Ilum.

Is it possible they upped the thresholds for the servers now that people are more spread out? I don't have Q times anymore yet everywhere I go I see higher numbers of people than ever before.

server you on? I might come visit! :p

OR, perhaps they addressed the server issues allowing for higher caps which we are not hitting.

This is what USUALLY happens this early in the game.

Yah for real everyone knows none of these servers are actually at max stress level. Go look around town on a low pop and a high pop.

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy. Lots are just standard now and you log on to them to see what the populations are like and you'll get like 20 people in a zone compared to around 80 in the very heavy ones.

Bioware needs to start merging servers before they make the mistake every other developer has done with mmorpgs ever since WoW. If you're part of an unpopulated server you're more likely to quit because you cannot find the people to play with.

It's not a doomsday thread but Bioware need to get on top of the population decline before the servers get too underpopulated and people quit.

Did you not expect that? That happens to every MMO on the planet. People buy it, lose interest, quit, don't play as much, are too busy to play, etc.

I went and looked and found I had been playing an average of 8 hours a day over the Christmas vacation since the game launched. It was a whole lot of fun, but I just can't continue that while working for a living and living my life.

It was a fun game holiday, but the game holiday is over. Now I play a few hours one day, skip a day or two, play a few more hours, and I'm back in a more casual mode.

I would imagine that others are doing the exact same thing.

That being said, I AM noticing more numbers on the planets and fleets.

Edited by Kubernetic

WE ARE ALL DOOMED! :eek:

just kidding.

To make this a redundant thread: holidays over = school and work = no more 12 hour days of gaming = less people on during retarded hours = learn to play when people get home. 3pm-930pm will probably have the most people on during the weekdays.

Also every MMO has a surge of people playing the first few weeks, months, days whatever and a lot will lose interest and drop off. You just have to wait and hope new players start buying the game or the ones who left come back because they realized that ************ is only fun for 15 minutes of the day..then its a chore and are left with a limp lightsaber ;)

I can't wait for the 30 free days to end. The people who actually want to play the game will be here, and a lot of the trolls will leave and go back to WoW. The game will be much more enjoyable.

That was said before beta ended, before the forums went to preorder, and even now its still being said.

Should make you think it isn't just trolls, but legitimate issues. Really though, keep shunning people and scaring away revenue. It only hurts those who feel they're better than everyone else.

"I am having a good time, therefore your issue must not exist" :rolleyes:

This community is horrible

hhmm. I must admit I picked a light population Europe PVP server as I'd heard scare stories of long que times, and I thought it would be the responsible thing to do. I'm on "The Kumumgah" server. It's showing standard atm, but generally I only see around 20 people on local, and i wish I'd picked a busier server. It does seem there are to many servers and the population is spread to thin. I understand its a balancing game as no one wants to que either, but an MMO relies on enough people on one server to generate a market place, guilds raids etc. Im at level 25, and I certainly not prepared to start again, the game isn't compelling me enough to do that, I was hoping for a more emersive Star Wars experiance, but thats a different storey.

The server I play on hasn't dropped in number. 250-300 people on the Imperial Fleet mostly all day and that's how it was back then.

Sorry for quoting you, just took the closest one ;)

Hmm.. So does that mean that none of the people on your and other people's servers that still have more or less the same amount of players online have no jobs?

Seems to be a recurring argument for server population drops, people have jobs and other stuff to do now that holidays are over..

All unemployed people happened to gather on the same servers, lucky coincidence for those folks :)

Take it as you please, all the so called "fanboy" excuses can be just as annoying and stupid as the opposite side...

Edited by duffie