Selecting Need for your companion

pseaton

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you do not have the ability to carry on a discussion or debate, you ignore, ignoring someone to me, is you are admitting defeat, you are saying I am right, you are wrong, you are putting your fingers in your ears and screaming "I can't hear you", know who does this?? little children, adults will just stop talking to you, but to each their own

No.

When people have patiently explained their positions on something, and have been responded to with , basically, "Well I don't care about your arguments, the only thing that matters is what I believe", then the person who has ceased discussing is YOU.

I ignore holocaust deniers because the position they hold is entirely without merit.

I ignore people who hate rap music because they position they hold equates like to fact.

I ignore people who hate modern art because the position they hold equates "my way" over potential beauty.

The very basis of this argument is "It does not matter what most people think I have a right to the loot regardless of if I can use it or not". There is nothing to discuss in that framework. The very nature of it doesn't allow anyone to do anything but say "I agree" or "I disagree". And every disagreement goes back to the same framework that you already rejected.

Furthermore, none of you is thinking about how anyone else feels on the subject. More than one person has stated that they literally don't care about anyone in the group, since they spend more time with their NPC. Another stated grouping is distasteful , a third implied that basically since it's usually pugs the other players aren't even worth of consideration.

The argument has neither a logical underpinning or an rational basis, and yet WE are somehow childish because we suggest you are perhaps in the wrong?

I don't ignore you because I can't answer your claims. I ignore you because you are acting like a spoiled child, screaming "MINE MINE MINE" , and I don't pay money to associate with people I wouldn't hire to clean used condoms out of my pool. Good day.

With my Gunslinger's six companions, I could justify rolling need on pretty much everything but Sentinel gear and cannons. Think about that a moment. Due to the variance on companions, every player can justify rolling need on just about everything, completely obviating the need for need at all.

In my opinion, the player character is the only one for which need is an acceptable roll.

With my Gunslinger's six companions, I could justify rolling need on pretty much everything but Sentinel gear and cannons. Think about that a moment. Due to the variance on companions, every player can justify rolling need on just about everything, completely obviating the need for need at all.

In my opinion, the player character is the only one for which need is an acceptable roll.

If you have a companion that uses strength as a primary stat you could use the Sentinel gear by removing the mods and putting them in your companions orange gear. Just saying.

many are failing to comprehend the discussion at hand, reread it, it isn't about rolling need to roll need to sell it, its about rolling need for your companion

it isn't your place to dictate to others how they should play

Of course we can. Whenever we socialize with anyone for any reason there are some things we find acceptable and some things we don't. We tend to surround ourselves with people who share our views.

I will not play with ninja-looters, or rude people, or people that I decide for any reason that I don't like (and there aren't many of those).

I'm not saying people can't play the game any way they like. I'm saying I won't play with anyone. I'm also hinting that ninja looters might have a hard time to find a group that share their views.

Of course we can. Whenever we socialize with anyone for any reason there are some things we find acceptable and some things we don't. We tend to surround ourselves with people who share our views.

I will not play with ninja-looters, or rude people, or people that I decide for any reason that I don't like (and there aren't many of those).

I'm not saying people can't play the game any way they like. I'm saying I won't play with anyone. I'm also hinting that ninja looters might have a hard time to find a group that share their views.

The troll should not be fed. Is it still posting?

Well for me is quite simple , if a person roll for their companion / to sell i just mark that person , i wont be questing / raiding / doing flashpoints with you anymore , no hard feelings , is a question of opinion , i will play with people who share mine , they play with people who share theirs.

I guess this must be a first MMO for a lot of people. In already established MMOs, loot rules kind of go without saying.

Generally it goes a little like this:

- Main spec takes priority for all those concerned

- Don't need just to sell to vendor

- Most people ask if they're going to need on something they don't actually need for main-spec, but could use for off-spec

- Greed everything your main character doesn't actually need or could have no use for

If you follow the above you have a good chance of not being kicked out of the group or getting people pissed off with you.

Edited by IMonarch

many are failing to comprehend the discussion at hand, reread it, it isn't about rolling need to roll need to sell it, its about rolling need for your companion

it isn't your place to dictate to others how they should play

You've got no idea how the real world works, at all.

It is a player's prerogative to do whatever he/she wants, including rolling Need on items for their characters when other players in the group need the item as well. It is then the prerogative of those other players to do the following:

- Put the player onto their blacklist.

- Inform everyone they know or in general chat what the player did and why he's on their blacklist.

- Make sure that the reputation of that player is completely destroyed on that server.

Now do you see why it is not "dictating" to others how they should play if you decide to ignore anyone who rolls need for their companions when other players can use the item in question?

I ran into this the other day running through a flash point.

I selected Need for my companion. Someone got really mad at me for doing that.

I explained that I use my companion 90% of the time outside of groups and one way of getting decent gear is through flashpoints. Getting gear through questing is only ok gear. I am not about to buy gear all the time. I have a sorc and my companion is a tank. I use my tank a lot.

Am I wrong on selected Need for my companion?

I would like to get peoples opinion on this since this game I think is a little different then other games since we have companions.

My argument is since I use my companion 90% soloing, I feel as my companion and me are treated as 1.

You shouldn't need for companions because that makes it less likely that I will get gear.

Your group killed a boss in order for the loot to drop. Was your companion part of the group? Did your companion help you kill that specific boss? If yes, then yes, you should get to roll on that loot. If no, then no, your companion hasnt earned that loot.

My companion got me high enough level to kill that boss, so yes she has earned the loot. Thanks for the input.

There is a companion need button already built into the game.

It's labeled "Greed."

I'm level 48 and have had no problems progressing through the entire game just equipping the random crap I get on my companions. You do not NEED to take gear from other players for them.

This. Companions were never meant to completely replace players. Anyone who thinks otherwise will very likely find themselves with only their companions to run content with.

And I don't care enough to prove anything to you. I don't care if you think my position is weak. Know why I don't care? Because this is just a video game. Believe what you want. Meanwhile, I'll keep playing the game how I choose to, grouping with cool people, and having a good time.

Enjoy crying in your corner and foaming at the mouth.

If it-is-just-a-video-game to you, why would you need to make sure your companion have the best possible item, even at the expense of group member's enjoyment?

There is a companion need button already built into the game.

It's labeled "Greed."

I'm level 48 and have had no problems progressing through the entire game just equipping the random crap I get on my companions. You do not NEED to take gear from other players for them.

Incorrect. Greed rolls have no priority system. A companion is an extension of your character, and should be treated as such. Not a single person in this game has leveled 1-50 without a companion by their side for most of it. You all need to remember that, and stop disregarding the fact that your companions are 50% of your solo'ing DPS. I shouldn't have to lose 500 Greed rolls simply because your view of in-game social rules conflicts with mine, when I have the intention of actually using the item instead of mindlessly selling it.

Edited by mattdell

Incorrect. Greed rolls have no priority system. A companion is an extension of your character, and should be treated as such. Not a single person in this game has leveled 1-50 without a companion by their side for most of it. You all need to remember that, and stop disregarding the fact that your companions are 50% of your solo'ing DPS. I shouldn't have to lose 500 Greed rolls simply because your view of in-game social rules conflicts with mine, when I have the intention of actually using the item instead of mindlessly selling it.

So, willing to meet the challenge I presented to you earlier? Let me know when.