Europe Awakes

KakitaHoshi

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The good thing about running based on US time is hopefully much of the server downtime will happen while us Europeans are asleep :D

Unfortunately that is not likely to be true for the US wakes up after us, 5-8 hours depending on where they are in the US. Other US MMOs downtimes often coincides with UK/Europe prime daytime, one I know does it’s maintenance early in terms of US East Coast time, but that is around 11:00 to 15:00 in the UK, which is of course playing time for many. I hope that the European based servers have maintenance slots aligned to EU playing times and not US ones.

Americans always think that their market is biggest and they prioritized... but in fact potential of eu players is much more. They should always hire good eu team if they want to make billions from us!

Well this could be easily balanced by the EU producing things. :)

Unfortunately that is not likely to be true for the US wakes up after us, 5-8 hours depending on where they are in the US. Other US MMOs downtimes often coincides with UK/Europe prime daytime, one I know does it’s maintenance early in terms of US East Coast time, but that is around 11:00 to 15:00 in the UK, which is of course playing time for many. I hope that the European based servers have maintenance slots aligned to EU playing times and not US ones.

Exactly so far all beta maintenance has been at really awful times for the EU.

ever heard of shifts?

you know when some people finish work and go home, and other come in in their place?

And how easy it is to hire people who can do more than turn servers off when problems arise?

I believe that BW has all possible people doing the launch at the same time maximizing amount of people let in during the wave. Of course they could split people to two different shifts but amount of people let in would probably be same anyway, just less in each wave.

Splitting people to different waves according to location they are, is just extra work. Now everyone is treated same way and will get their invite according to pre-order.

And if you think about times of invites, US West Coast people will receive their invites starting from 6 in morning. I prefer myself evenings as they now are...

what ??...

they said at one point 7 or 8 US time...so thats 15 or 75 min here !!!

where did you get the 135 min time from ?

sigh... they said 8 Am CST. it is currently 5:50 CST... 10 minutes until its 6AM CST. Then 2 hours til 8 AM cst. 2hours = 120 minutes + 10 minutes = 130 minutes plus the fact I posted that 5 minutes ago = 135 minutes.

Thers is now 129 minutes til next mail should be sent.

Edited by Narwan

Awwww... Europe.. Where history comes from... =P

I agree with OP slug of course..

Time difference is a big deal, maintenance and server downtime should be based on timezones.. and so should support..

Good morning my fellow Europeans.. Well, it's not really morning, it's more like second breakfast.. =P

Now there's an idea :D

I've read the thread.. And I still don't see the problem. Europeans were promised 5 days but there was obviously a wave yesretday. I got last night + the 6 next days for free. And I'm situated in Norway which is, last time I checked, a part of Europe.

Sorry if I'm missing the point again.. I do agree about server maintainance though, it's not cool if they don't calculate the time difference and pull down servers during the evening here.

One of the points, I think, beeing made is:

If the player base is divided on dedicated servers for EU and US, then, there should be no problem in making the same division in the waves.

I.e. the EU office controlls the EU waves and the US office controlls the US waves. This would result in essentially 2 seperate "launches" at the same time.

Ps: I have no idea if this is even possible, this is purly my form of "logic".

there was a yellow answer on this one the german board:

it says the patches/downtimes will come at the same time, but they try to not have the eu servers down over the noontime. not a promise though.

It seems the German board has better moderators who actually address concerns. This happened during beta as well. They'd get replies we'd have to run through a translator

Bioware needs to be more aware of the fact that the whole world isnt america and I would imagine quite a large no of their new customers come from europe.

Is it so hard to factor in euro time zones when doing these roll outs? we end up wasting half a day while they tucked up in bed.

I read the reply from the german community guy. I even posted on that thread now.

But there are no garantuees, and as of yet no confirmation what service to expect form Bioware Europe.

I am still worried, and still wait for clearer answers on this forum, by big shots. It wouldn;t be the first time a community guy that actually tries to do his job and talk to us is whistled back....

No, no no! This isn't about the no. of days we're getting, or it being given out in waves.

The thread is about the difference between American time (CST) and EU Time (CET/GMT). We don't want to be waiting 6+ hours for America to wake up before we get our share of content in regards to invites and future maintenance.

I totally agree on the future maintenance. The rest sounds like "give me my free game time" QQ. So what if waves go out when the americans punch in, 6+ hours after you get up in the morning? Get a job you hippie! :) Which reminds me, back to work:p

Agreed.

Even if this is a game funded by a US company and made in Canada. A large, if not majority, of its player base is European. It doesn't seem right that the US should get preference. At the very least let us know what time somethings happening in our timezones.

I don't understand why they are not just separating the EU and US waves.

The whole idea is not to stress the log in server too much, inviting EU players during the morning would avoid that.

It also means you don't have to invite the EU players during the US prime time.

The whole point about waves is avoiding people logging in at the same time.

Next to the fact that it's inconvenient for EU players it simply isn't working.