Europe Awakes

KakitaHoshi

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could have been worse, they could have opted for starting the invites at US primetime instead.

That being said I agree with the OP. Someone ought to remind Bioware that there are more people living in Europe than in North America, it's just bad business to consider it an unimportant market.

if they announced the early access times last week to everyone by mail like when u ll be able to log, all those whines and complaints wont happened, thats the failure they made.

It's really unnecessary to wait for an email everyday, every 2 hours that pisses everyone off

Not concerned about the EGA so much, more of server maintenance.

If this happens during the normal past midnight - late morning and is only done by america time, it will be late morning to evening for us.

This would seriously make me question the EU support, and the purpose of the Galway office.

Probable schedule for launch day:

6-7 hours of waves of emails to players to get in.

5+ extra hours of monitoring servers that everything goes well.

After working 12 hours most of the people will start to loose focus and clarity of the mind so send most people home to sleep and repeat next day.

So do you want to work 12 hours in the middle of the night or middle of the day?

Answer should be obvious to everybody.

Bioware is US based company and will work mostly in US daytime meaning that we in Europe will feel rejected and left outside. But Bioware Europe is not the one that has been developing the game and can't be responsible anything other than handling the hardware problems at the launch.

From our point of view it seems that BW is treating us as second-rate customers. This might be true but main point is to have successful launch where everything works as intended or at least as close as possible and that is the ONLY thing that should be considered.

I am also unhappy too that I can't get into the game right now because being unemployed leaves a lot of time for gaming. But if you stop and think a bit, way BW is doing things seems to be the best way at the moment. Don't be selfish.

ever heard of shifts?

you know when some people finish work and go home, and other come in in their place?

Edited by rkopczak

A german community coordinator posted an reply to a similar question in the german forums

post: http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...876#edit136876

translation:

Quote:

The maintenance shedule will not be around EU prime time. (I define EU prime around 7pm GMT) I can't say if the maintenance will happen around lunchtime, but i also can't say it won't.

There are advantages after all if everyone gets a patch the same time.

repostin' for the greater justice :)

Still 3 hours to go, sadly.

But i would trade ALL of my Early Access for good service down the road.

In the end, THIS is what I feel is really important, if players are going to continue subbing the game.

Ofc everyone is impatient, wanting to log in when they see other people have started playing.

But a game filled with bugs or other things requiring technical/costumer support with bad service will loose out in the end.

I sincerly do hope that BW will handle this game and it's supporters/players with the utmost care, even if all games will have it's share of complainers/forumtrolls.

Patience you must have. ;)

Even though anger and hatred lead to the darkside (where I think most of us will be playing), no matter how powerful your Sith Lord will be, it won't be nothing compared to the suffering we all will be feeling if the game, in the long run, lacks good support in all aspects.

I have waited for this game since I ever heard the annoucement so many years ago. I can wait two more days, if need be.

I know you all can to.