Seperate forums for US people and EU (English) people?

spudbynight

Would it be an idea to have a separate set of forums for the US based players and for the EU based players?

I have been reading a lot of thread on the EU Maintenance times and they are pretty antagonistic at times.

I have just been reading a similar thread on the French forums :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=108309

Now I speak French, I don't speak German. I wasn't able to check the German forums. They are making exactly the same points as the English language EU customers. What they don't have is antagonism from other players who have a very different approach culturally.

I am English, so I don't consider myself European, but I still find myself to have more in common with my European neighbours than with the US.

Serious thread by the way - not trolling.

Yes. I don't like Amerikans either.

You mean you can't stand English, African, French, Germans, Russians, Polish, Indian and Asian people?

To mention a few.

Last I checked my children are from Africa, my neighbor is from Mexico and my Boss is Swedish.

Welcome to America!

Yes, lets separate the world more so we can further promote xenophobia!!

Edited by Fraxture

Would it be an idea to have a separate set of forums for the US based players and for the EU based players?

I have been reading a lot of thread on the EU Maintenance times and they are pretty antagonistic at times.

I have just been reading a similar thread on the French forums :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=108309

Now I speak French, I don't speak German. I wasn't able to check the German forums. They are making exactly the same points as the English language EU customers. What they don't have is antagonism from other players who have a very different approach culturally.

I am English, so I don't consider myself European, but I still find myself to have more in common with my European neighbours than with the US.

Serious thread by the way - not trolling.

Spud mate, you are posting in the EU maintenance times thread regularly, you know how it feels already that the devs don't listen or reply to our posts in there. How would you feel when you are posting on a forum that the devs NEVER read? Because that's how these things work.

Let's take WoW as a perfect example. Blizzard devs NEVER read the EU forums, as a result you have no voice. The CMs on the website say that they pass all the comments on, but that's not the same as devs actually reading and responding.

The worst possible thing for EU customers would be to have a split forum. We would lose our voice altogether. If you want to be able to give your feedback and know that BioWare are reading it, then we need to be on the same forums as the US players.

Edited by Mandrax

Created a topic about this in Beta.

Not only should they have seperate boards but actually be seperate entities (like that other mmo). Seperate support team based in EU, different patch times for servers, seperate clients etc.

It is one of the things that Blizz got spot on (eventually).

Huh? I'm English and I consider myself European... I do live in Europe after all.

Too true. Also how will seperating the forums actually help? You will still get people trolling and from our point of view its fantastic to be on the official forums where the devs and community managers spend there time. It beats being seperated on a board where devs look once a year! Additionally especially on the class forum side there are more players with which to converse and share knowledge, experience, tales and expertise. See no need for such an insular regressive move! We are one species on one planet lets all be friends together :)

WoW EU is doing much better than "global" SWTOR.

UK is not part of Europe. Geography ftw.

UK is part of European Union - yes, but Britain island can't be part of Europe because... well, it's island and therefore doesn't belong to Eurasia.

Edited by Alexx_T

Created a topic about this in Beta.

Not only should they have seperate boards but actually be seperate entities (like that other mmo). Seperate support team based in EU, different patch times for servers, seperate clients etc.

It is one of the things that Blizz got spot on (eventually).

See my post at the bottom of page one for why this is the worst thing that could happen to the EU community.

Separate maintenance times, yes, sperate support team, yes, different patch times, yes, hell even separate clients, but no, no, no to a separate forum.

I like being able to voice my concerns in a forum that I know is read by the devs directly.

Edited by Mandrax

Spud mate, you are posting in the EU maintenance times thread regularly, you know how it feels already that the devs don't listen or reply to our posts in there. How would you feel when you are posting on a forum that the devs NEVER read? Because that's how these things work.

Let's take WoW as a perfect example. Blizzard devs NEVER read the EU forums, as a result you have no voice. The CMs on the website say that they pass all the comments on, but that's not the same as devs actually reading and responding.

The worst possible thing for EU customers would be to have a split forum. We would lose our voice altogether. If you want to be able to give your feedback and know that BioWare are reading it, then we need to be on the same forums as the US players.

Fair points - I was just musing something.

I don't see ANY advantage to that.

By the way, some (most?) English consider themselves not part of the Continent. Happens with islanders. But still, you are indeed part of the EU, though you do not have the Euro currency. We have a sort of LAT relation! :-p

By the way, some (most?) English consider themselves not part of the Continent. Happens with islanders. But still, you are indeed part of the EU, though you do not have the Euro currency. We have a sort of LAT relation! :-p

A large portion of the UK don't want to be part of the EU. Depending on which poll you use you could say the majority of people in the UK don't want to be in the EU.

The people of the UK never voted to enter it.

No thanks, I like sharing with our 'murrican pals. When you start segregating and having separate maint etc you also get later patches and no access to US servers. You can't have it both ways and honestly the way we have it right now is the best.

I wasn't saying that I don't like Americans. I just think that there is a bit of a culture clash.

We are bonded by our language and our common history, we are the daughter country of the British empire, I will not endorse a separation of our people, because that will force a separation of our comradeship, and that is something I do not endorse.

But really I love my Brothers and Sisters from across the pond. I see no issue.

(British chicks are hawt >.<)

Well, you could say that about lots of countries....like my own country, The Netherlands. We did have a referendum and said no to the EU Constitution. But still later on, a new version of that was approved by the government without a new referendum...

But this is getting off-topic.

Well, you could say that about lots of countries....like my own country, The Netherlands. We did have a referendum and said no to the EU Constitution. But still later on, a new version of that was approved by the government without a new referendum...

But this is getting off-topic.

Yes, down with the EU Facist Dictatorship! It is off-topic though.