Please allow dual spec or cap respec costs.

Vraxzen

I do all that with one spec. Whats your point?

Optimization.

You can't be be top notch in your class/role without having a fine tuned template. You might be good in one of the roles but fair, at best, in the other 2.

Edited by Deewe

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, my solution is to spend the money on things I want and not on things I don't hoping I can convince someone to change it later into the thing I want.

It was pretty simple really, no hidden agenda.

An excellent reply. However, having played through Lotro and some other MMO's, they are constantly evolving beasts that never remain the same. Hope it continues to be what you want from it, but expect it to progress as it moves forward. They all seem to.

This is irrelevant. This is an argument for PVP only dual-spec. Funny how the "need" for dual spec'ing morphs. First it is the need for tanks and healers and now suddenly it's all about PVP.

Actually, the OP gives several examples, PVP being just one. Reading is your friend.

Maybe some of us want to be able to:

1) Solo

2) Group PvE

3) PvP

With the same class efficiently. Dual specs is the solution, and no it's not cheating.

Now about alts before you say so: I already have 5 chars and counting. So please don't lecture me ;)

Your right..it's not cheating if the developers add it to the game. But it is a issue which can make the game easier and removes some of the tough choices in the game. Because of this..some have issues with dual speccing. Such as myself. We all know what happend to one MMO which started making a lot of changes which made the game easier.

Whats wrong with creating 3 chars?...

Because leveling is dumb. The game really begins at the level cap, which is where 99% of all the players will be in a month. And it s a pain in the *** to level. Let me go spend two weeks of my life walking around an area and killing **** that I am never going to see again and will never change probably for the life of the game. All of that so I can be "part" of some dime novel fiction story that is kinda lame. Forget about the fact that every other player in my class occupied the exact same "part" of that story as I did.

So can I just have every character class at the level cap already please?

This is irrelevant. This is an argument for PVP only dual-spec. Funny how the "need" for dual spec'ing morphs. First it is the need for tanks and healers and now suddenly it's all about PVP.

So PvP is irrelevant now?

The argument against is more subject to floundering and changing (and has a much bigger dose of whine) than the argument for.

But are you playing as a tank or any other build that is significantly geared towards PvE?

If you are then your builds not much use to your team.

Playing a merc dps tree up to tracer missile, aiming for healing up to 5th tier. The specs been used to heal through the toughest instances (-proven- though I havent gotten there yet personally) and the dps is sufficient to clean up the warzones or solo if I want. I score top damage/kills often and if not then close to top.

My goal is to make at least one person laugh with every post.

I think this game has a lot of promise, I think it's very good and I think most people are whining unnecessarily. There is still much room for improvement and I expect it to happen. I'm fairly certain that not implementing multi spec would cost more subscriptions than implementing it would.

I will agree with you on that. This isn't the cause to champion against for people like me who are bored with the game in general because it's All plays out of wow's handbook, what's one more? We need to focus our efforts on bigger fish. Dual spec is inevitable.

Thanks for the laugh anyhow!

Actually, the OP gives several examples, PVP being just one. Reading is your friend.

So, I was right, demanding to know if people PvP is irrelevant since the dual spec request is not limited to PVP specs. Thanks for confirming the obvious.

If you are so sure it is coming, why are you posting so voraciously for it? Just sit back and wait for the inevitable.

If you hadn't been trolling so hard I wouldn't have to ask this AGAIN... why would you be arguing against something they have said is coming?

So I suppose you'll be cancelling when they add it?

"Dual Speccing is something we want to add soon after launch."

And again taken from a few days ago

http://r2-db.com/article-rss/21785/reddit-q-a-with-stephen-reid

where they say that they talked about it

Nowhere does it stand that they will implement it.

and mine is newer so that must be the one that is most relevant as of now

Edited by Varghjerta

And again taken from a few days ago

http://r2-db.com/article-rss/21785/reddit-q-a-with-stephen-reid

where they say that they talked about it

Nowhere does it stand that they will implement it.

and mine is newer so that must be the one that is most relevant as of now

Uhhh, taken from that article...

"Stephen Reid: Dual specs could well come at some point in the future – it’s been discussed for sure. Legacy System… will be cool? :)"

This thread has become ridiculous!

Most people want dual spec, hence why Bioware has said it's coming! End of story!

Dual spec makes sense more then not having it does. Not having it limits the game and content. If you limit accessibility/ease of use of content you lose subscribers.

Not everyone wants to grind 50 lvls to have a jedi guardian for pvp when they already have a lvl 50 guardian but in PVE gear. And the cost to switch is just a money dump that will simply turn people off. That's plain ridiculous. And honestly if you don't think it is, then thank god Bioware doesn't follow your business model.

Uhhh, taken from that article...

"Stephen Reid: Dual specs could well come at some point in the future – it’s been discussed for sure. Legacy System… will be cool? :)"

In an incomprehensible galaxy far far away... that implies that it's NOT coming.