Can we please have a better player report function?

GreenEyed

After the amount of horribly obscene things I've seen in general chat as well as some of the more colorful names that I shall not mention... I feel this game needs a better report function.

Submitting a ticket against one player and waiting multiple hours for a response is cumbersome. Allow us to simply right click someones name, hit "report player" and bring up a small box where we can detail what the player has done, when it happened, etc.

The community is way too out of control right now. It needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Edited by GreenEyed

bumping your own posts is against forum rules too BTW

Seriously? I can understand constantly bumping something every few seconds.. but waiting several minutes when its 4-5 pages back?

These people are allowed it run around screaming the F word for 30 minutes straight with no recourse on general chat but I am not allowed to bump my own post, what a joke.

Seriously? I can understand constantly bumping something every few seconds.. but waiting several minutes when its 4-5 pages back?

These people are allowed it run around screaming the F word for 30 minutes straight with no recourse on general chat but I am not allowed to bump my own post, what a joke.

Yep, seriously. He's not making it up.

We all post stuff here, and everyone's going to think his stuff is more important than everyone else's. Bumping keeps the stuff people really want to talk about from being up front where it belongs.

I'm sure you think your post is important (and I'm not saying it isn't), but bumping your own stuff makes the forums less useful for the rest of us, and we've got you a little bit outnumbered. :)

As far as your issue goes, report them. Don't wait for a response -- what are you expecting to hear back, anyway? Just report them, ignore them, and move on. It's pretty easy.

Edited by imtrick

You can have slow or no response to the things that are bothering you. Especially if they are of an ethical nature. This is something they have a hard time understanding.

while this is something they could have had at launch they might have in a few months time. But likely longer, if at all.

Y

As far as your issue goes, report them. Don't wait for a response -- what are you expecting to hear back, anyway? Just report them, ignore them, and move on. It's pretty easy.

this

waiting for a response for this issue would be pointless as you will never get one.. most games either have a no name and shame policy or simply will not waste valuable time telling you how they punished another player when it is really a personal matter between the company and that other person... report, ignore and move on

I would recommend tho taking a screenshot of said behavior and submitting the complaint through e-mail instead because just a basic report with no proof is nothing more than a he said she said deal and since no sane CS rep is going to go through millions of lines of chat log to look for the offense... unless it's for an inappropriate name then a basic report is fine since they can't deny having it.. also don't hold your breath... just because YOU think something in inappropriate doesn't mean BW thins the same... you can say anything and I guarantee someone somewhere will find it offensive

Edited by Liquidacid

Get a thicker skin. Just because brash talk makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean everyone should acquiesce to you. I see a lot of mature content in Gen chat, but guess what? I also see most of the people on planet partaking in said mature discussion. There's also the profanity filter if you don't like what's being said.

Case in point, get over it. BW/EA censor us enough as it is.

I wished for this the other day, myself.

Most stuff I just shrug off, or ignore when it gets out of hand. But to see someone spam General chat with really, truly, TRULY vile and vicious speech and attacks on various players and then continue to do so in a very spammish fashion... well. It was obvious the guy *wanted* to be reported and banned. So I did, and it's been nearly 3 days now that I've had an Open, completely unanswered ticket on this. Yes, of course I ignored the guy, I'm not stupid. But there should still be a way to instantly report someone that doesn't take *days* for CS to respond to.

I wished for this the other day, myself.

Most stuff I just shrug off, or ignore when it gets out of hand. But to see someone spam General chat with really, truly, TRULY vile and vicious speech and attacks on various players and then continue to do so in a very spammish fashion... well. It was obvious the guy *wanted* to be reported and banned. So I did, and it's been nearly 3 days now that I've had an Open, completely unanswered ticket on this. Yes, of course I ignored the guy, I'm not stupid. But there should still be a way to instantly report someone that doesn't take *days* for CS to respond to.

just because the ticket is open doesn't mean they haven't read it... regardless you will never get an answer to a ticket about foul language or inappropriate behavior... a CSR will eventually just close the ticket or if you are very very lucky put a copy paste response because what they do to discipline another player is none of your business

If they read it, they would have closed it. Do i really need to explain this?

most of the tickets I've filed had the issues fixed and the ticket either never closed or closed days after the problem was fixed.. hell I sent an item restore ticket and had the item restored a week ago and the ticket is still open now

Edited by Liquidacid

most of the tickets I've filed had the issues fixed and the ticket either never closed or closed days after the problem was fixed.. hell I sent an item restore ticket and had the item restored a week ago and the ticket is still open now

Same here. I've had issues resolved and had the ticket sit around for days before it was closed. Not that it's a problem.. If the issue gets resolved, I'm happy either way.

just because the ticket is open doesn't mean they haven't read it... regardless you will never get an answer to a ticket about foul language or inappropriate behavior... a CSR will eventually just close the ticket or if you are very very lucky put a copy paste response because what they do to discipline another player is none of your business

If it's Open, they haven't read it. If they read it, I would have at least gotten the copy/paste 'Thank you, we've taken note of this and passed it on to proper channels blah blah blah.' I don't expect- nor did I say I expected- to know what they did/might do to another player. I just wanted to know that it was received. Which is exactly what my post was about, and not whatever assumptions you seem to have made about what I meant. I meant exactly what I said, if I meant otherwise, I would have said so.

If it's Open, they haven't read it. If they read it, I would have at least gotten the copy/paste 'Thank you, we've taken note of this and passed it on to proper channels blah blah blah.' I don't expect- nor did I say I expected- to know what they did/might do to another player. I just wanted to know that it was received. Which is exactly what my post was about, and not whatever assumptions you seem to have made about what I meant. I meant exactly what I said, if I meant otherwise, I would have said so.

you should read the posts under the one you replied to

Edited by Liquidacid

i want the option to report those darn farm bots and warfront bots, hell on my server sometimes 4/8 is darn afk bots. And we have reported them 10-20 times each for a week and a half, and all of them is still there afking the darn warfronts. And not only that, one managed to get to level 50 doing it in a week, and he has now full champion gear etc...