Community Blog Post Discussion: A Word on Bugs from James Ohlen

CourtneyWoods

Yay bug fixes each week...that just means corrupt patches each week and having to repair each week cus you guys can't get a *********** patch put together that does not cause an error

All 3 patches this week have not been working as intented, so for the love of god fix that issue before fixing anything in game that requires a patch

No kidding. It seems like the user community is doing the software quality assurance test phase for engineering. Are there some basic acceptance tests, sanity checks apart of the software release process? And then after that a testing qa cycle? beta test cycle?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you are a troll. I read this post and about crapped my pants. Telling people that your wife has a crap comp and works just fine does not solve any issues. I am operating on my wife's comp that is quad core, meets all recommended requirements posted on the box, and oh by the way my isp speed tests at 30mb download speeds consistently. Vid card double recommended stats, so this comp should run this game at a reasonable fps but it does not. It is truly a SWTOR issue and many are complaining about it. Please post responsibly and stop trolling as this board is for people that want to know what is going on with fixes and if their needed fix is on the way. PS. I also have my graphics turned to low and my client settings turned to false or 0 where appropriate.

Again another person that knows NOTHING about computers. Clean temp files, clean the registry, etc.. Obviously you again know nothing if you boast about how your ISP has 30mb speeds. That's great but if your ISP locks you to under 1mb up, then that is your issue possibly, or does your ISP use a backbone that is poor? What hop on the node are you for the cable, or how far from the CO if you use DSL. You people automatically assume it is the game, when you have not looked at your own house first. OH NOES call me a troll because you are lazy and want to blame others.....ok I am a troll

Please explain when you are going to resolve the level 50 content, such as level 50 regular directive 7, since the robot with the shield is bugged, since it one shots people, and it does not through down the indicator on the ground, letting you know when it's doing it's one shot move. Alos what is up with the last boss in Hard mode Boarding party? Tank could not hold agro on it, and when I tossed out a heal, I would get one shot and I'm not under-geared for this fight.

Please confirm if this is a bug and needs to be looked into

Edited by acerbot

Bioware makes awesome games. However I think your team is starting to show a lack of experience at maintaining an online title.

TOR maintenance windows are always global, and always at the same time (which just so happens to coincide with the hour or two of free time I have after getting the kid to bed :p).

There are servers designated for East Coast, West Coast and Euro regions. Is there a reason why patches can't be deployed in rolling maintenances by region during each respective region's off-peak hours?

Implementing rolling maintenances would ensure higher availability and less chances of alienating a portion of your customer base.

lol, if I had to guess from my own personal experience, the people who are complaining about FPS issues are like, "Zomg, I'm only getting 25fps, the gaem is broken!!!!11"

I used to main tank raids in WoW getting 4-6 FPS, and ya know what? I made do, and we kept progressing along. And eventually, I joined the 21st century, got a new computer, and guess what? No more FPS issues.

Hell, even with this game, I'd been having the shutting-down-taking-forever problem, so I cleaned and defragged my registry, defragged my HD, did some assorted other stuff, and guess what? Game closes in seconds now, just like any other program. Turned out it wasn't the game so much as my system needing a bit of work.

Tune-Up Utilities isn't that expensive *cough* or hard to get, and you can set all the maintenance any normal user will ever need on autopilot.

Bioware makes awesome games. However I think your team is starting to show a lack of experience at maintaining an online title.

TOR maintenance windows are always global, and always at the same time (which just so happens to coincide with the hour or two of free time I have after getting the kid to bed :p).

There are servers designated for East Coast, West Coast and Euro regions. Is there a reason why patches can't be deployed in rolling maintenances by region during each respective region's off-peak hours?

Implementing rolling maintenances would ensure higher availability and less chances of alienating a portion of your customer base.

I don't know of a single MMO that doesn't operate the exact same way. If they were to split up the servers based on region, that would effectively force them to compress 4 or 5 patch days into a single night. They'd kill one region's servers, roll the patch, while that's rolling out, kill the next set, roll it out, etc., etc.. It'd be way too much work and would vastly overcomplicate it.

My advise: get used to it. It's only a night or two a week, at the moment, anyway, and once it levels out, will be once a week.

Edited by salihe

the above link software is loads your system with spy ware and messes up the frame rate more proaby, the face you Said Trial... pissed me off to no end shameless huckster... :mad: I wish nothing by the worst Colon infection on you... I am so angry, I paid full price for this piece of crud BIOWARE, what Dragon Age 2 wasen't ****** enough, you had to **** us twice, FIX YOUR *********** GAME, or people will just go back to WoW, I am considering it, this is Age of Conan all over again....

the above link software is loads your system with spy ware and messes up the frame rate more proaby, the face you Said Trial... pissed me off to no end shameless huckster... :mad: I wish nothing by the worst Colon infection on you... I am so angry, I paid full price for this piece of crud BIOWARE, what Dragon Age 2 wasen't ****** enough, you had to **** us twice, FIX YOUR *********** GAME, or people will just go back to WoW, I am considering it, this is Age of Conan all over again....

You cries resemble those of a baby with a steaming diaper. Perhaps you should go back to Wow. I think the Wow community will suit you just fine.

I would never ever refer this game as a piece of crap. Seriously I think some people need to take the opportunity to express, in a mature manner, first the bugs they are experiencing and then if you have an opinion about the game or a suggestion about how to fix things then express it like adults. Dont act like freakin noobs at life!!

Alright, folks, you need to kneel down in your meditation chamber, center yourself, and repeat after me:

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force.

;)

you can keep that hokey pokey crap, I want to be able to play this game again and go blast some rep's with my bh.

but I cant since patch 1.02 went live.

5 days already canceled sub down to like 9 free days left.

if its not fixed by then good riddance

Edited by Sith_Mauler

There is a major bug which causes disappearing item modifications - reported for weeks now, but it didn't get any attention:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=42255

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=90216

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=139651

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=115534

You really need to get the ticket escalation and customer service running. This is really frustrating ...

I wouldn't really blame Bioware, I found out a couple days ago they had been bought by EA. If I would have known that I would not have gone near this game. So put it where it belongs on EA's record of total crap...Thanks for ruining a great company (Bioware) EA..

Edited by BHunterBuffy

I wouldn't really blame Bioware, I found out a couple days ago they had been bought by EA. If I would have known that I would not have gone near this game. So put it where it belongs on EA's record of total crap...Thanks for ruining a great company (Bioware) EA..

EA has nothing to do with any of this. This is all Bioware'd decisions.

It's like blaming Activision for the 4.3 patch with WoW.

Edited by Sabster

Ahar. Total BS. You're shameless. Tune-Up is straight up integrity. You know not from whence you speak, yet you go on, and on, and on, and on....ad infinitum.

And...yeah...go back to WoW. That's your kind of place. You belong there.

Edited by Belogard

The latest patch crashes my system as it is being installed. I have to do a repair which appears to work but then it goes right back into installing the patch which then crashes the system again and so on and so forth. I can't even get an acknowledgement back from anyone in support much less any help at getting things fixed. Is this what you mean when you say fixing bugs is the top issue? I guess EA got my money and that is all they care about.

Spending upwords to $700 for a decent computer just for a game is retarted when you have other choices. By other choices I mean games.

DUDE i spent 300$ for a new system and it run SWTOR awesome i don't know where your shopping but don't go there and more 300 will get you a good system that will run this game great. (as long as you don't NEED intel) And if you say that's too much well suck it up man a 1.5ghz single core will not do it anymore even for some game 1 year old

Also i don'r know if you noticed but you shall receive no sympathy here.

Phenom II X2 560 Black Edition Boxed Processor 59$

500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" 7,200RPM Internal Desktop Hard Drive - Refurbished 65$

HD-677X-ZNFC AMD Radeon HD 6770 1024MB DDR5 PCIe 2.1 x16 Video Card 130$

880G-E45 Socket AM3 880G ATX AMD Motherboard 29$(bundle special)

(Open Box) 4GB DDR3-1333 (PC3-10666) Desktop Memory Kit (Two 2GB Memory Modules) 15$

Able to run SWTOR PRICELESS :D

not top of the line but does the job

Edited by Harthfire

When Cataclysm was released, it took 2 months before Blizz released their major bug fix patch 4.0.6.

Cataclysm had months of beta testing yet numerous bugs still made it through.

So? And were people happy about it? No, they weren't. And that's not the only fail by one MMO or another. And none of them got passes for their major bugs, either.

So neither should BioWare. Even if you do like their other games.