Alt Tabbing

MetalXx

I have an odd issue when I've tried fullscreen windowed, in that even if I ALT+Tab, the game's viewport remains visible and can't be minimized, nor can any windows be displayed over top of it. Essentially, it's the game with my taskbar visible.

I have an odd issue when I've tried fullscreen windowed, in that even if I ALT+Tab, the game's viewport remains visible and can't be minimized, nor can any windows be displayed over top of it. Essentially, it's the game with my taskbar visible.

Yeah, have this issue on my desktop but not my laptop. It's odd indeed.

In Sw: TOR is pretty clunky it hangs for 30 seconds before I can do anything any one else have this problem?

No. Dual monitors, TOR running in windowed mode (maximized). :D

There's really no reason not be running dual monitors theses days. A nice LCD costs less than the collectors edition of the game. :rolleyes:

Edited by Thradar

Yeah, this happens or sometimes if I tab out, everything in my web browser goes black and I cant see anything but I can touch it, also if I have say like my web browser up, then minimize it, it immediately goes back to the game, not the desktop, as if the game itself 'is' the desktop.

Its like Swtor took over my computer and is slowly taking control...

There's really no reason not be running dual monitors theses days. A nice LCD costs less than the collectors edition of the game. :rolleyes:

Too bad the game doesn't constrain the cursor in fullscreen mode when you have a second monitor, causing a click on the right quickslot bar to minimize the game.

all my rage

EDIT: and yes, windowed (fullscreen) doesn't minimize correctly on my system. (win 7 64x)

Edited by Kuriostone

I have exactly the same issue as Saltorio when I try to run it in windowed/maximized mode:

"even if I ALT+Tab, the game's viewport remains visible and can't be minimized, nor can any windows be displayed over top of it. Essentially, it's the game with my taskbar visible."

Could be related to Windows 7, perhaps.

I have exactly the same issue as Saltorio when I try to run it in windowed/maximized mode:

"even if I ALT+Tab, the game's viewport remains visible and can't be minimized, nor can any windows be displayed over top of it. Essentially, it's the game with my taskbar visible."

Questions to those of us having issues (as I mentioned above) with Fullscreen Windowed not minimizing properly:

• nVidia or ATI
  • Single or Multi-Monitor
  • OS version

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on an EVGA GeForce HD GTX 570 Superclocked with the latest release drivers, dual-monitors.

-REMOVED DUE TO MISUNDERSTANDING-

Edited by saltorio

Good to know it is not just me.

Doing the same here. No issues. Last night I raided in WoW and leveled SWTOR at the same time.