125 people that really like this game

Scorpienne

I know a few people who will post but always ignore the forums for the first month because they are a cesspool.

Totally agree. I warned my friends to stay away from the forums. Its a dark and strange place, but its all I have to get me by until i find a real job

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This started off as a great post for those who love the game to talk about what they love and for some reason the trolls had to invade it... They are like the Christmas Grinch in that they can't stand to see others enjoying themselves. I can't wait until the free month is up and all these idiots who are being forced to play and post here can go back to their old, perfect games, leaving us in peace.

They are sad people with sad sad lives.

i get not liking a game and leaving feedback, but going into a thread like this and posting their drivel is just funny. In a looking down at them way.

I'm also in Paige's guild, and I like the game. It shows great promise, and with some love and attention from developers, it could be great!

It's fun now, and I appreciate the product and the launch.

-Werepanda

[hood on/off please?]

Over sensitive mmo gamers will cry the loudest plain and simple. Often without a suggestion as to how they want to correct their woes, or with a suggestion a 3 year old would wish to scream to get their toy back.

It's not bothering me, and I highly doubt it is bothering the crew at Bioware, it shouldn't, I see something every day that is a little detail they could have left out but didn't and it makes the game Star Wars.

I personally really enjoy this game and how it draws you into the story line. I like the many different options that you could make in a discussion with the quest NPC's. It is really addictive. Therefore, for myself I am in the very positive column of the content and the game play.

Cheers;

I'm pretty happy with what I've experienced so far. I think there is a lot of work to be done, and if BW steps up, it will be a great game. If they don't...well...we'll see what happens. But so far me and my guild have been pretty happy with the game.

Is this happening only in Warzones? I don't PvP. Maybe that means I'm not a "serious" or "competitive" player, but I haven't noticed this issue aside from maybe once or twice missing an interrupt.

I actually noticed an issue, too. Although it never impacted me to the extent of wiping out, it may well put off some PvP. I never had lag per say, but some of the casting animations were either delayed or simply finished after the global cooldown (GC). It has stopped me from using abilities that are impacted by the GC until the animation completed, ramping up the difficulty of some battles.

Thankfully for me, abilities not held off by the GC were never impacted.

There are a few bugs, it's true; but most were cosmetic and did not impact my gameplay. I do believe BioWare will fix these. Even if changes to the engine are required, they can fix them. It might take more time than we would like though.

As for balance issues, I have rarely seen an online game where balance between classes or factions was not tweaked in some way years after the release.

That said, I admit I love the game and I enjoy it a lot. There are a lot of good things in there and for a brand new game of this size, I found few bugs that could break my immersion. So I will give BW the benefit of the doubt and see how the game evolves for the next few months.

• 2 weeks later...
I love this game as well! I played KOTOR II like four or five times, with about 30 hours per play through, just because I loved how the game played! I dont even have a level 50 yet, and i have 7 out of the 8 classes started >.< I see problems, but considering this is an mmo I totally understand there will be bugs. So I just wanted Bioware to know that as an avid Bioware game player this is another success in my book! Good job guys, keep up the good work!

Crucible Pits cross-faction guild

Hell March - Sith - Add 8 from

Endless Legacy - Republic - Add 20 From

We've only had one person quit because they were bored. Illum aside we are all happy especially after they fixed buff stacking.

Edited by Kyrandis

I play this with my husband, his brother, and another couple (no guild :o). We see the problems it has, but they in no way deter the fun we have in playing. (Even with a 42 Juggernaut and a 29 BH, I still don't know which class I like better!) Also, I'm the only one who comes onto the forums and reads. And I don't even know why I keep coming back, because it's not good for my blood pressure. Seriously, I think someone's paying these trolls to post. Who actually has time to post as much as they do? /mind is boggled

I know that anyone from BW/LA who's been tasked with reading the forums has got thick skin like rancor hide. Regardless, I'm utterly stunned by the amount of negativity I see here on the forum; I'd be in therapy if it was my job to read all of this stuff! It's true in every field that the bulk of feedback is from the unhappy people. Just thought I'd report from the other side of the fence.

My name is Paige, and I'm the guild leader for The Thirteenth Legion on the Sanctum of the Exalted server. Our guild is about 125 people and we all like this game - a lot of us LOVE this game. We're so happy and having so much fun playing that we generally don't spend much time on the SWTOR forums. The game isn't perfect, and we're aware of and appreciate your efforts to fix stuff and continually improve the game. Overall, you're doing a pretty good job. We'll be thanking you mostly with our subscription fees, but I thought I'd add this personal thanks, too.

So add +125 more-or-less happy folks that are having too much fun to post to the SWTOR forum to your unofficial tally.

Most of our friends and allies and adversaries on the server are also having a delightful time.

Paige

PS - you can always check us out on the Sanctum of the Exalted server forums too.

http://www.sanctumoftheexalted.com/

I'd say the average is levels 20-30. You're still in the honeymoon stage of the game, trust me, her claws and nagging attitude come out later to annoy the heck out of you.

/shug... I was brought to this game by a friend under protest. Apart from the bar scene in the movie I honestly didnt like the movie, in fact the mention annoyed me.

I also had doubts about this game b/c of my loathing of the movie ... But I am a convert. And I find this game refreshing to some other mmos i have played despite some of its faults.

I will resub as I am sure many others will ... to the OP nice to see an attempt at some positivity for a change on the forums :)

Hit level 50 (all of you), and then talk.

Everyone has to be at 50 to enjoy the game? Or do you mean everyone at 50 hates the game? When we reached 50, were we supposed to forget the stuff about the game we liked? I'm confused.

EDIT: Anyway, add three to the list of those who really like this game. It'd probably be four if my roommate had a computer to play.

Edited by lucasomega

Yes andf getting to 50 within 20 days is the main reason to play.

People who do that are not playing the game for the love of it which is really a shame. Taking your time with the game means a better experience, more enjoyable time. I do think leveling up is too easy. I just started last night and I'm already level 5.

I took my time reaching level 50 (within 20 days).

Some players have more time to invest than others.

If you are subscribing to the game enjoy your time.

Think of paying for food. Some people like to order eggs sunny side up, others scrambled, and then there are the people that hate eggs.

You are paying a game for entertainment.

Enjoy the game your way.

Also feel free to use the /ignore and /friend list.

This game is amazing.

And yes I am 50.

Edited by Garius

That's exactly it. The people that are loving this game are busy playing it and not complaining on the forums. The same can apply to other things in life, like in the news when a plane lands safely no one reports about it.

Great game BioWare, keep up the hard work. :cool: