I was lied to about DDE and Feel riped off! DO NOT GET IT

Oldmaveric

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we will whine about everything... I guess you didn't get your security key.. your map, your journal, your statue, any of those things..

In game items have never been amazing and I always see these threads in every game where someone bought a CE

at any rate I'm sure they will add the change to the vehicle at the very least.

This...

I got the CE. I have my Darth Malgus statue on top my rig right now. It's really not something I would typically spend money on, but it's cool.

The journal is rad, though! It's a really cool read and is quality made, good pictures. A lot of the Lore from the game is in it, and just general Star Wars stuff, which I dig anyway. The maps are cool, there are more than one. I could see if you weren't into these sorts of things, then it wouldn't be a big deal to you, in which case you probably didn't buy it. But I enjoy them.

The Security Key is... well... I suppose in the long run it will keep my account from being hacked (maybe) which is a good thing, but right now, it's just one more thing I gotta do to enter the game, and it can be quite annoying, really. Nevermind the fact that I will end up losing it at some point in time - it's bound to happen.

The Soundtrack that came with the CE is cool, i guess. I can't say I'll spend a lot of time listening to it, since I'd just assume listen to it in the game. It's not as good as the Rift Soundtrack, I'll tell you THAT much.

I'd be much more disappointed if the game sucked. But... it doesn't! So I'm happy! To me, it was worth it.

The in-game stuff is.... meh. I never expected much anyway. The flare is real cool, though. I shoot that every time I'm at the bottom of an elevator shaft! I don't know why - I guess I want to see if it will spark before it disappears into the ceiling. The other stuff, you have to carry around with you in your inventory to use it. I leave that crap in my Cargo Hold. It's useless to me.

I do hope they add more stuff to that CE Vendor. Right now, all that's on there is some factional armor that looks kind of dumb. Although, there are some Companion Customization items too. I think this will be the biggest disappointment of the whole thing, if they don't regularly add stuff to it.

The droid seriously sucks. Everything else I'm ok with. I don't really feel riped off though. Honestly, I have no idea what it feels like to be riped off. Pears are totally awful if you eat them before they are ripe. Edited by Inhalcator

I think the training droid was the only one that ended up being not what I was expecting.

Everything else was what I expected, and sitting in my bank, I didn't think I'd use them much.

Except my newbie speeder, I really like my newbie speeder. 8k is 8k.

Other virtual pets in this game do.

Fantastic. Congratulations.

1. You didn't know this before the game came out, when people were buying this pet.

2. It still doesn't matter because you're just assuming that ALL pets and this pet specifically functions like virtual pets in other games. But like I've pointed out....this is this MMO, this is not another MMO. Stop assuming that this MMO's items function like those in other MMOs.

Edited by dreadpirateandy

not only does it not help but it doesnt even hover by our side... it doesnt even come close to what it says on the website

Training Droid (Virtual Pet)

A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance

This is the item that sold me other than the mount. I didn't expect it to do combat but I expected a little pet!

Same for me. This is exactly what pushed me to the DDE.

Fantastic. Congratulations.

1. You didn't know this before the game came out, when people were buying this pet.

2. It still doesn't matter because you're just assuming that ALL pets and this pet specifically functions like virtual pets in other games. But like I've pointed out....this is this MMO, this is not another MMO. Stop assuming that this MMO's items function like those in other MMOs.

See, here's the thing... NOT all games have only pets that help in combat. How about you skip on over to EQ2 for a while. You'll notice that they have plenty of pets that do nothing but follow you around.

See, here's the thing... NOT all games have only pets that help in combat. How about you skip on over to EQ2 for a while. You'll notice that they have plenty of pets that do nothing but follow you around.

Doesn't matter. You people assumed that these pets functioned like another MMO. Doesn't matter if its a specific MMO, an MMO that has pets that fight, an MMO that has pets that don't fight, an MMO that was pets that follow you around nonstop, an MMO that has pets that follow you around for a limited amount of time, whatever.

YOU made the ASSUMPTION that these pets function a certain way. That's your fault. Don't get pissy when it turns out that YOUR *assumption* was wrong.

so tell me the dif between the mouse and the training droid descriptions PLEASE oh wise one

Mouse droid in game pet that folows you

Mouse Droid (Virtual Pet)

A little Mouse Droid to join your adventures.

a debuff on a humanoid...

A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance.

thank you for reporting my last post asking you to actualy read posts before you post btw

Edited by Oldmaveric

Doesn't matter. You people assumed that these pets functioned like another MMO. Doesn't matter if its a specific MMO, an MMO that has pets that fight, an MMO that has pets that don't fight, an MMO that was pets that follow you around nonstop, an MMO that has pets that follow you around for a limited amount of time, whatever.

YOU made the ASSUMPTION that these pets function a certain way. That's your fault. Don't get pissy when it turns out that YOUR *assumption* was wrong.

Actually this is my first MMO.

Some of the stuff in the extras was falsely advertised, its as simple as that. No assumptions was made at all on my part i took BioWare's word for it...which will be the LAST time I trust bioware at all.

lol. No, I said I didn't care. I'm not with the children whining about not getting a combat pet. I knew from the start that it would be a cosmetic pet, because thats what these games do. They are NOT going to give you a combat pet in CE. The only thing about that pet that I wish is that I didn't have to resummon it every time I die.

Read before you post otherwise I will report you for trolling...

A. Read

and

B. look at the pics

Mouse Droid is a in game pet, it says it is a pet (Virtual pet) and it is (CE ONLY)

http://gyazo.com/a64b5dc7aa46a4ff8933d45d5eb47624

Training droid is NOT an in game pet yet it says (Virtual Pet) (CE and DDE)

http://gyazo.com/77f337389e42d806282d62a1bcfd72cb

I did NOT expect it to do any damage or help in combat (Like i said in EVERY post I have created)

my gripe is that the training droid is NOT a pet even though it says it IS

Edited by Oldmaveric

What it said you got Quoted from their website off the "Buy page"

"Training Droid (Virtual Pet)

A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance."

"Flare Gun (Virtual Item)

Fire a dramatic and inspiring flare high into the air."

"HoloDancer (Virtual Item)

Portable entertainment system to project your own holographic dancer."

"STAP (Virtual Vehicle)

The STAP is a sleek and unique in-game vehicle you will acquire during your journeys"

"HoloCam (Virtual Item)

Keep visual records of your in-game adventures as you travel the Star Wars galaxy."

What you get

The "Training Droid (Virtual Pet)" Is not a virtual pet, nore does it do any kind of "combat assistance" (fail)

The "Flare Gun (Virtual Item)" is the only neat thing you get and it doesn't really do much other than shoot a flare in the air (what i expected so im ok with this)

The "HoloDancer (Virtual Item)" lasts 20 seconds, not even long enough to see her full dance (fail)

The "STAP (Virtual Vehicle)" you use it at level 25-40 some of you may get to use it longer than I did, but I got early access so i hit level 40 before I was given the code for my DDE so I never got to use my "free" speeder and it does not scale with your riding level so you never see high levels use it (Major Fail)

The "HoloCam (Virtual Item)" I didn't know what to expect but this item zooms your camera in to first person view [Which is crappy in it self because you have to zoom back out later] and then takes a screen shot.... I think I know how to use the print screen button BW (Fail)

You Also get an item I did not see and many CE owners thought DDE would not get, you get the "VIP Lounge Wristband" cool right? WRONG

The "VIP wristband" gets to in to a VIP room that has nothing for you to do or buy except for a 1.5 million credit speeder......... yay (FAIL)

So yeah I feel a bit riped off I don't use a single thing I bought for 79.99 and will never buy anything like this again. I guess i paid that much for a lesson on hype marketing.

you got exactly what was listed .. how were you lied to? because you tried to interpret and manifest something that is not even there?

you people did the same for early access ..

DUDE! it's right in front of you in black and white .. all you have to do is read and comprehend and quit trying to twist it into something you rather have than what's actually there

you got exactly what was listed .. how were you lied to? because you tried to interpret and manifest something that is not even there?

you people did the same for early access ..

DUDE! it's right in front of you in black and white .. all you have to do is read and comprehend and quit trying to twist it into something you rather have than what's actually there

This is my biggest compaint

A. Read

and

B. look at the pics

Mouse Droid is a in game pet, it says it is a pet (Virtual pet) and it is (CE ONLY)

I did NOT expect it to do any damage or help in combat (Like i said in EVERY post I have created)

Obviously, anyone who expects the training droid to actually confer an in-game advantage is barking up the wrong tree. However, it is perfectly reasonable, given the description of the item, to expect that it would behave like any other virtual pet that you might come across in other MMOs.

I paid $20 extra for a virtual pet. That's not what I got. The item description is completely misleading. If they had described it accurately -- the way it is described in the game, for instance -- I would have just bought the regular version of the game. I thought that I was paying for a virtual pet....because that is what they told me I was getting (and quite explicitly, too).

Here is how the item is described on the website before you buy it:

A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance.

Based on this description, it is totally reasonable to expect that the item would behave like any other virtual pet such as you might find in many, many other games. Such items don't ever do any damage, but they do follow you around, and they might have a little pewpew laser animation just for show.

Here is how the item is described on its tooltip in the game (which you can only see after you buy it):

Training Droid

Use: Calls in a small but advanced training droid to hover at the side of the target humanoid enemy. Lasts 30 seconds.

Target an enemy with this device to summon a probe droid that will encircle the target.

And just to clarify, I want to point out that it should be clear that I'm not talking about the $150 CE. My issue is only with the $80 DDE. The only reason I bought it was for the virtual pet that is described on their website. The unfortunate reality is that there is no virtual pet included in the DDE.

If you are happy with your purchase, that is fine FOR YOU. If you want to make excuses for a company doing what amounts to a bait and switch scam (whether it's intentional or not is really irrelevant), good for you. Regardless, it's a valid complaint. I think it's pathetic that apologists are willing to put up with this kind of crap and make excuses for a company that wouldn't care if we dropped dead today.

Edited by Sireene
insulting - recently warned

A. Read

and

B. look at the pics

Good nut-shelling here. I wish this was on the first page.

I'm adding my voice to those who feel cheated by the advertised "droid to hover at your side". In fact it's barely visible and NEVER at my side.

It was the sole reason I upgraded to the Digital Collectors Edition. So yes, my trust in Bioware is pretty much nil now.

Aren't there consumer laws against this sort of thing?