I was lied to about DDE and Feel riped off! DO NOT GET IT

Oldmaveric

I'm adding my voice to those who feel cheated by the advertised "droid to hover at your side". In fact it's barely visible and NEVER at my side.

It was the sole reason I upgraded to the Digital Collectors Edition. So yes, my trust in Bioware is pretty much nil now.

Aren't there consumer laws against this sort of thing?

I figured this would be under faulse advertising but I'm sure their people could twist it around enough to say the item in our bags is "by our side" or something crazy... but yeah I thought about reporting this if i knew where to report it

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only find the STAP useful it's pretty cool (looks a ton better than the low level speeder you can buy from in-game). I do wish the STAP can scale based on your speeder pilot skill (like how mounts can scale based on your riding skill in WoW). The other stuff are useless. The VIP lounge is useless wish at least they add the ability to purchase more vanity armor and such.

Yeah, Bioware trolled us for buying the DDE. Personaly, I would have been fine with the way it was if those were a pre-order bonus. But you dont have somebody pay $20 extra for something they have to wait and pay more in game money to use. Hell, you don't have somebody pay more real cash for something that's available in game. I might as well start selling in-game items for cash, then call Bioware hypocrits for banning me because they sure as hell did it for the DDE

False advertising is any type of advertising that deceives consumers. Even advertising that only has the potential to be misunderstood by consumers may be construed as false advertising. In most cases, false advertising leads the consumer to believe that he is somehow profiting from a purchase. He may think he is getting a good deal, saving money, or buying something that will perform in a specific manner. Actually, the advantage is all on the side of the advertiser and companies who practice false advertising. Any potential benefit to the consumer is usually non-existant.

I would say it matches this, and its still up on their website, I also have screen shots

In order to report false advertising, people must have a copy of the original ad to send to the FTC, or to state bureaus. The ad must prove a potential to deceive. This usually doesn’t mean that a person will be able to sue for false advertising, though they may be able to stop certain types of claims being made, or get their money back for a product or service they purchased. Usually the FTC steps in to require the advertiser to add more information to any ads or on product labels, or asks the advertiser to stop an ad campaign. The FTC cannot issue warrants for arrest or impose fines unless the advertiser does not stop incidences comply with its requests.

got this from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-false-advertising.htm

Edited by Oldmaveric

I have to admit I am disapointed in the virtual items as well. They all went into cargo hold immediately. =/

I couldn't afford the CE for the Mouse Droid pet, which made me sad. I always had a Mouse Droid pet in SWG and was excited to see them in this game. But alas, irl finances wouldn't allow it.

I bought the DDE thinking I was going to get a different (far less cute) droid pet.

But it is not a pet. :( So into the bank it went.

I was happy for the free speeder, though really, 8k is nothing. I'm not really an alt-making person, so I likely won't reap any long term benefit from my DDE purchase.

C'est la vie, and caveat emptor, as someone previously mentioned. :p

You must have missed the part where I discuss the item description and not the item itself. It appears to me that they used language that they knew would attract purchases.

So yeah, that breaks trust for me.

This sums it up nicely, I think. I hope you aren't offended by the emphasis I added when I quoted you.

Ultimately, they probably are not going to respond to complaints in a forum thread. It might be easiest to just file a bait and switch or false advertising report with the BBB, honestly. Goodness knows that's easy enough to do. At the very least, it would probably do more good if we were to submit a formal complaint via email, though I suppose that actually would require more work than just filing a BBB report.

It's not ideal, but sometimes such actions are necessary just to get companies to acknowledge their mistakes.

Edited by belialle

I would say it matches this, and its still up on their website, I also have screen shots

got this from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-false-advertising.htm

Oh, I reported it to the Federal Trade Commission. I doubt they'll do anything, though.

And the BBB had no "teeth." It's just a rating agency.

I guess the only other option would be small claims court, or hiring an attorney to try to organize a class action suit.

Edited by Felioats

This sums it up nicely, I think. I hope you aren't offended by the emphasis I added when I quoted you.

Ultimately, they probably are not going to respond to complaints in a forum thread. It might be easiest to just file a bait and switch or false advertising report with the BBB, honestly. Goodness knows that's easy enough to do. At the very least, it would probably do more good if we were to submit a formal complaint via email, though I suppose that actually would require more work than just filing a BBB report.

It's not ideal, but sometimes such actions are necessary just to get companies to acknowledge their mistakes.

I posted how to do this in my first post on the thread, and plan on doing so.

DDE buyers aren't alone, CE got ****ed in the digital item area also. There are more items, ( and more interesting items to boot ) in the "Security Key Vendor", that anyone with $4 can use, than there are in the CE vendor.

DDE buyers aren't alone, CE got ****ed in the digital item area also. There are more items, ( and more interesting items to boot ) in the "Security Key Vendor", that anyone with $4 can use, than there are in the CE vendor.

my friend bought the CE and I'm glad I didn't buy it, I could hear the disapointment in his voice over vent when he looked at the vender and in the VIP room

my friend bought the CE and I'm glad I didn't buy it, I could hear the disapointment in his voice over vent when he looked at the vender and in the VIP room

heh, exact same thing happen to one of my pals in Vent too. Sounded pretty defeated.

Read before you post otherwise I will report you for trolling...

A. Read

and

B. look at the pics

Mouse Droid is a in game pet, it says it is a pet (Virtual pet) and it is (CE ONLY)

http://gyazo.com/a64b5dc7aa46a4ff8933d45d5eb47624

Training droid is NOT an in game pet yet it says (Virtual Pet) (CE and DDE)

http://gyazo.com/77f337389e42d806282d62a1bcfd72cb

I did NOT expect it to do any damage or help in combat (Like i said in EVERY post I have created)

my gripe is that the training droid is NOT a pet even though it says it IS

This is also my complaint. Got DDE and the droid is not like what they say it is

I'm not going to hold my breath, but if they turn the training droid into an actual pet, as the descriptions all lead us to believe, then I'll be satisfied.

knowing BW they will just change their website to the in game tool tip if enough of us report them. but my bets on they just keep it the way they do :(

and tbh id like it if they just changed the ad so more people don't feel like they got riped off quite as much

Edited by Oldmaveric