SWTOR is the first MMO i actually enjoy playing

Michaelphoenix

I mean it...i played wow for about 5 years every minute that i was getting those chars up to max felt like it was just getting in the way of me getting to the point where i can actually play the game (endgame)

In SWTOR i dont feel that same pressure to burn to lvl 50. I have 3 characters in their 30s atm, 2 republic, and 1 empire. The reason they are not maxed yet is because i dont feel they have to be. I play one for a while then i want to discover another viewpoint of the conflict.

To me SWTOR is just a joy to play and exceptionally relaxing without the high pressure of the "GRIND GRIND GRIND!!! GET MORZ STUFFS!" that most other MMOs tend to have.

Like i said i have played many MMOs in the past and they were mostly a time killer. But this is the first one where im just plain having fun.

/sigh buried by troll posts in less than a minute

Well people like gravitate towards negative posts for entertainment, argue and all that fun stuff you can get away with online without getting a broken nose .

But I agree this games been fun from the very start.

Ide make a list of things that make this game fun and worthwhile but I'm too tired lol.

I mean it...i played wow for about 5 years every minute that i was getting those chars up to max felt like it was just getting in the way of me getting to the point where i can actually play the game (endgame)

In SWTOR i dont feel that same pressure to burn to lvl 50. I have 3 characters in their 30s atm, 2 republic, and 1 empire. The reason they are not maxed yet is because i dont feel they have to be. I play one for a while then i want to discover another viewpoint of the conflict.

To me SWTOR is just a joy to play and exceptionally relaxing without the high pressure of the "GRIND GRIND GRIND!!! GET MORZ STUFFS!" that most other MMOs tend to have.

Like i said i have played many MMOs in the past and they were mostly a time killer. But this is the first one where im just plain having fun.

You don't inspire listeners when you quote "5 years of wow exp". Just saying.

However, I do agree with you on the 'questing' enjoyment level. I don't think there are many complaints about the story involved with SWTOR. The quest lines are far more engaging and interactive, while WOW is simply a stale quest grind with very little emphasis on story.

I think you will become far more critical when you start the realize how terrible the MMO factor is with this game. As many have stated, this game is questionably called an 'MMORPG'. Honestly, I think they should have left out the MMO part and just made an RPG based SWTOR (single player). They have failed on so many levels as for as MMO is concerned that most of these 'game breaking' bugs won't be fixed for years. It will be sad for most of the fan's to come to this realization 6 months later when they are still complaining about the same issues.

You don't inspire listeners when you quote "5 years of wow exp". Just saying.

However, I do agree with you on the 'questing' enjoyment level. I don't think there are many complaints about the story involved with SWTOR. The quest lines are far more engaging and interactive, while WOW is simply a stale quest grind with very little emphasis on story.

I think you will become far more critical when you start the realize how terrible the MMO factor is with this game. As many have stated, this game is questionably called an 'MMORPG'. Honestly, I think they should have left out the MMO part and just made an RPG based SWTOR (single player). They have failed on so many levels as for as MMO is concerned that most of these 'game breaking' bugs won't be fixed for years. It will be sad for most of the fan's to come to this realization 6 months later when they are still complaining about the same issues.

gamebreaking bugs dont scare me.....i played vanguard for almost a year as well

:p

Man again, GRAMMAR use it before trying to anger people.

people care even less about what you think is good grammar then the developers care about making a good game.

No one is impressed by your awesome grammar powers fool. tell me what class I play with your deductive grammar abilties, then get your head out of your ***.

(this isn't meant to be flaming the OP or anything. Just thought I would express this in this topic. Seemed relevant.)

I feel alot of these complainers are beyond spoiled. I see so many complaint threads, when the game has only been out for a little over 2 weeks. I've hella enjoyed it so far, and plan to enjoy it in the weeks to come. It just makes me sad to come here and see:

End game sucks! (Again, game is new. Give it time. Go get a job, go to school, chill with friends, or hop on another game. Playing TOR for 10 hours a day daily will cause you to burn out eventually.)

They better fix <bug/glitch> or this game is done! (They are. What, do you seriously think they are just sitting back, eating doritos, and staring at the monitor? No, but maybe these complainers do it enough.)

If they don't have <mechanic> TOR will fail! (They will add what they see fit. All I can say is if you don't like it, why are you here?)

The list could go on, but I tire of talking about it. I'm actually coming here less and less. I feel i'll come in seeing topics about how great this game is compared to others at launch, how the implementation of fully voiced characters enhances the gameplay IMO (gets me into the story instead of reading 3-5 paragraphs on a 'quest note'.), and how much fun it is. Instead, I see children like attitudes with barely any patience, expecting to be spoon fed content daily as if Bioware was made up of machines, and not human beings.

That's all. I've said my piece. This will get buried in this topic below all the complainers, but so be it. You win the forums, complainers. Just know that your couple thousand is the minority of the hundreds of thousands PLAYING and ENJOYING the game.

^^ Grammar should be a given! To act like you didn't want to take the time to do it right, and we should have gotten the point is just sad. It's spelling, most of us learned it as little kids. It's not "what we think is good grammar",...there's just friggin' english being used above a 3rd grade level.

w w w . hookedonphonics . com

Edited by montanabrand

Only mistake you made in your origonal post is you mentioned WoW.

Now youle be criticized for leaving the cult and attacked .

If you escape a cult dont ever let them know where you are.

++rep ^

As for the thought of the OP, I agree, this game is unique and fun. I am enjoying it and I have played almost every MMO since Everquest and Meridian back in 99'

I feel no need to catch up or level fast either. I have been experimenting with all the classes on Republic side, and now I might give the Empire side a shot. I did try one server empire side, but it seemed filled with obnoxious people, so I focused on Rep side.

Haven't raided any yet, so no comment there.

I do agree that this game has the best leveling experience of any game I've ever played. The stories are compelling and the questing is relatively challenging. So far, so good.

Loving it too. Yes, I hit the occasional bug. Some are annoying, some are just mildly irritating, and none of them have been anywhere near game-breaking for me.

Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of all the forum trolls feeding each other their "this game will fail" line until a bunch of them have started believing it. I think they've got a really solid start here. It definitely needs some work, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it; certainly more than any other MMO I've ever played.

There will always be a lot of complainers. Every game has them, and if they've got nothing constructive to say I'll just ignore them, like I have with the throngs of impotent naysayers who've populatated every MMO I've ever played. They're completely insignificant, and just looking for attention. That's fine; whatever floats their boats. Me, I'm having a lot of fun and really looking forward to where this game's going in the future.

I agree. Yes this game does have somethings that can make it better. What people forget is that other mmo like WoW have had quiet a while to polish the game. Think of all the things in wow that make it easier to get around now and join groups ect that are in it now. None of them were in the game to begin with.

It is a great game. It makes me feel more involved in the story and characters, rather than just a simple grind to get the best gear around and reach level cap.

Yes it does need a few things that might need to be added. But im enjoying it alot more than many other mmo.

i second that.

gamebreaking bugs dont scare me.....i played vanguard for almost a year as well

:p

LOL

Yeah me too. When I hear people complain about bugs in this game I often remember Vanguard and how long I played that broken thing. Good players were sometimes defined by knowing the workarounds.

Im with you this is the first MMO in a long time I truely enjoyed playing for long lengths of time...I keep getting back to work late from spending to much time playing while on break. I've been playing mmos since Gemstone 3 / UO / EQ1 days and while I loved those three games MMOS never caught me as hard as those did. (until now)

I personally disliked wow but kept giving it a chance, sometimes i'd enjoy it for a while but everything being on easy mode until it was grind mode to do anything just drove me nuts.

When there's so little out there in choices of something decent with a population to play with we're all guilty of gravitating back to a game we don't care for as much as we'd like too. I did it 4 times with WoW since its Launch and 3 times with DDO (though I do love DDO way more than WoW).

I've seen the gamute of game destroying issues and SWTOR isn't guilty of any of them (atleast for my preferences) I mean woo its missing an LFG tool....but you can still make groups and complete group content. Some people are chicken littles about stuff..they have no idea of the horrors out there for games that literally were in alpha stage when released (vanguard, champions online, age of conan).

Edited by Kindara

Great post ! If everyone played like us everyone would be having fun. Unfortunatly this is not the case. For some reason the majority of todays gamers have no patience, no social skills, no imagination, no consideration for fellow gamers. They hit lvl cap in 3 days and miss most of the content. It's an MMO for god's sake. People like this shouldn't even be playing any game with other players. Why is it that todays gamers seem to think that they absolutly MUST hit lvl cap as soon as possible? I don't get it . To me that is no fun whatsoever and if I played that way I would be pissed off all the time as well! Been playing since release day and have bout 5-6 chars all around lvl 12ish. In 5 months from now I seriously doubt I will have reached lvl cap on a single char and I am having a blast interacting with the gameworld and other players.

It's all in how you play and how you create your fun. If your rushing to lvl cap and staying pissed off all the time your not doing something right and you should NOT be playing this type of game. And for the love of god should NOT be on these forums continously ************ and moaning and whining in a piyiful attempt to piss off those that are enjoying the game just because YOU are! These kind of players are the pronlem. It's not the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.