Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Gotta love people cancelling their accounts SOLELY because of PvP.

BouncerPup

I just want to say that bioware in general makes story based games, (ex. Mass Effect, KOTOR, Dragon Age). All of these games have incredible stories and (yes i know they arent MMOs) but this game is based off of KOTOR which had an engrossing story that pulled you into the game. So obvisously SWTOR is going to want to bring back their original fanbase. Stop comparing this game to WOW it's a different game for different people! Yes PvP is important for an MMO game but believe it or not some people dont like it. Some people dont care who's better than them or whose ranked higher, some people just want to have fun and play and thats why bioware put alittle bit of everything in this game...they had articles, videos, and interviews years before it launched so people should have done their research before buying and complaining.

They also had articles, videos, and interviews about how great the pvp would be thanks to their "all star dev team". They didnt market this game as a pvp centric game but they certainely said it would be a big part of the community, and marketed it as such. Yeah there are people who don't like pvp, but there are people who don't like pve. Kind of funny you would mention " a different game for different people" when reffering to WoW yet they lost 2mil subs this game gained 1 it's doubtful this isn't a significantly different player base. I'm still going to play this game, but it makes perfect sense for people to quit over pvp.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Space combat. Hardmodes. Operations. Ilum dailies. Crafting. 7 other characters each with their own unique storyline. Sitting in fleet all day chatting with friends.

Garbage.

No thanks.

Meh.

Crap.

You're kidding?

And then what?

Trololololol.

space combat. Hardmodes. Operations. Ilum dailies. Crafting. 7 other characters each with their own unique storyline. Sitting in fleet all day chatting with friends.

you level and gear to pvp, that is it. Everything els u said is just lvling stuff. Dude>>> this is not 2002................

Bioware never stated that this was going to be a PvP-emphasized game. So I really don't see why so many people are quitting, making the claim that they got it ONLY for the PvP, when Bioware never stated that PvP was their primary focus. They've said it numerous times, the STORY is what they're all about, not the PvP content.

You guys set the bar too high and you'll always be disappointed.

Actually, BW said that level 50 pvp will blow our minds. Clearly they intended for PvP to be among the best out there as it was promised to blow our minds. They failed horribly at that so I can definatly understand all the people quitting, the only thing atm that can save pvp is cross-server PvP, from what I've heard they won't be adding that anytime soon, so I'll be surprised if this game lasts another 2-3 months.

PvP isn't the only reason. If you're a top shelf PvPer chances are your guild has steamrolled the current Operations by now. Hard/nightmare is probably only a week away.

Is it really worth hanging out to see what else is on the horizon when I could just as easily unsub and wait for it to be announced on the website?

If someone wants to cancel their sub because they are not happy with PvP that is their prerogative. I like the game and even though PvP could be better, I am willing to give the developers a chance and I look forward to what is coming done the pipeline.

We are a society that wants things done their way and done now but that doesn't always happen. Why not enjoy the game right now and realize that things cannot always get fixed to ones liking within a month of launch. Patience young ones.

Well that is at least not false advertising. The pvp, especially at 50 actually does "blow my mind", as they stated, just not the way i envisioned. Pvp in illum blows a lot of people's minds i am guessing. Pretty sad when DAOC did group warfare better 10 years ago.

Bioware never stated that this was going to be a PvP-emphasized game. So I really don't see why so many people are quitting, making the claim that they got it ONLY for the PvP, when Bioware never stated that PvP was their primary focus. They've said it numerous times, the STORY is what they're all about, not the PvP content.

If you have a game type in a game it needs to be supported plain and simple.

Actually I would say no again! Just make a separate Expertise bracket. If you have Expertise, you go into that bracket, if you don't, you go into that one.

You realize that there would be dead brackets left and right in that scenario right?

Space combat. Hardmodes. Operations. Ilum dailies. Crafting. 7 other characters each with their own unique storyline. Sitting in fleet all day chatting with friends.

Space combat. - BORING

Hardmodes. - I fought dumb AI NPCs until 50, why would I do it again?

Operations. - See above

Ilum dailies. - Bugged pile of coded mess / zergfest of lag.

Crafting. - You mean clicking a button and waiting 3 minutes? Ya, fun...

7 other characters each with their own unique storyline. - You mean 7 other chars with a unique storyline until level 10 when you go to the same quests / zones as all the rest except for a few actual class quests each zone until 50? Yea, again, not considered content to me.

Sitting in fleet all day chatting with friends - This is basically life at 50 in between WZ queues.

They actually did state that PVP was going to be a huge focus for them

Stop talking ****.

I didn't cancel my sub, but thats just cause I'm giving a new game a chance to get better.

I only started playing this game cause THEY hyped their PVP system up in interviews etc.

Do it right or don't *********** do it at all imo.

They took the same concept that's been around for... 8 or 9 years? Same objectives. And found a way to make it more frustrating.

Resolve? Broken.

CC? Broken.

Zero skill, full gear grind? Check.

Way to go BioWare. Maybe you should have pumped some of that money into researchers who could give you guys a clue --- the MMO PvP community is tired of the same old sh*t, and even if we weren't, you can't litter it with bugs and expect people to stay because you've got lightsabers.

Until world of warcraft, PVP wasn't included in every MMO... In fact EverQuest had PVP that was just open world free for all with little meaning.. They had a lot of other options, but there was no true method to the madness... To many Modern Warfare 3 players jump in MMO's, then assume they will be gunning and running like John Woo...

You don't need battlegrounds, war zones or illum type areas for PVP... Get your speeder, a small group and go ganking... Its what we did in EverQuest and what we did in WOW before there was anything even called a battleground.

Anothe rear kisser jumping into the defense of bioware. But ok, while they never stated this will be a PVP game they never stated it won't be either. So unless I missed something bioware never said "THIS IS NOT A PVP GAME". When tame came to discuss PVP they said "WE HAVE A VERY EXPERIENCED PVP TEAM---MYTHIC". Of course that was true, but not exactly the way it was meant to be, seeing how Mythic's real expereince is in runing PVP.

Whats the problem? The obviously don't like the PvE as much so the PvP. And if the PvP isn't what they want, then they leave. Makes perfect sense. Why would you stay and pay if you aren't having fun with what you are doing.

Actually champ, they did announce this would be a pvp heavy game and kept going on how they had a whole team devoted to pvp...

Try again....they lied plain and simple.

Anothe rear kisser jumping into the defense of bioware. But ok, while they never stated this will be a PVP game they never stated it won't be either. So unless I missed something bioware never said "THIS IS NOT A PVP GAME". When tame came to discuss PVP they said "WE HAVE A VERY EXPERIENCED PVP TEAM---MYTHIC". Of course that was true, but not exactly the way it was meant to be, seeing how Mythic's real expereince is in runing PVP.

MMO's don't launch finished or with all their intended content... This is a historical FACT of MMO's... Stomping your feet and screaming that it's not fair will NOT change the way the world of MMO production runs... Finding a way to entertain yourself with world pvp and ganking or simply uninstalling and canceling your subscription are about your only options.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.