My Turn

Kraylessa

I guess now is as good a time as any for me to take my turn at listing my gripes about the game. First let me say, overall I LOVE this game and I have every intention of playing it for months/years to come, even if these issues aren't resolved. However, this is just my list of things I would like to see fixed/addressed in the near future to improve my own gameplay experience. Here they are, in no particular order:

• No built in AA - "fixed" in 1.1 (my video card driver is still better)
  • No high-rez textures
  • Many companion abilities won't stay toggled on/off through dismount, death, resummong, or zoning - fixed in 1.1
  • Can't move companion abilities around on their bar
  • Can't hide companion's helm
  • No key+click combo to equip items directly to your companion from inventory
  • Reverse Engineering button doesn't always appear when clicking on UI button to open inventory. Have to use "I" hotkey to guarantee it will be there. - fixed in 1.1
  • Items don't autostack when right clicking them into cargo hold from inventory - stealth-fixed in 1.1
  • Items don't autostack when right clicking them into your inventory from mail - stealth-fixed in 1.1
  • Weapons do not appear in the dressing room (ctrl+click)
  • Texture resolution in dressing room is very low for character, high for companion
  • No combat log (even if it only tracked MY damage/healing and what the mob does to ME it would be an improvement)
  • No mouseover macros/targetting
  • No Target of Target unit frame
  • Can't scale or move UI elements - addressed in preview video
  • Buff/Debuff display and mouseover info is severely lacking, especially in party/raid
  • Can't shift+right click someone's name in chat to see their class and level
  • Can't right click someone's name in Guild Roster to whisper/invite them
  • Guild Roster doesn't show when offline characters were last online
  • Guild Roster still sometimes not showing all guild members, requiring a UI reset
  • Can't display multiple points of interest (mailboxes, vendors, etc.) on large map at the same time
  • Can't search by name on the GTN without completing filters first
  • Can't shift+click an item in your inventory to search for it on the GTN
  • Can't filter by gear slot when searching the GTN
  • Can't filter for Orange or "Custom" gear when searching the GTN
  • Can't ctrl+click schematics to see what the finished item looks like in the dressing room
  • GTN should save your last search upon window close
  • Companions returning from missions auto-close your GTN, mail, and vendor windows, causing you to lose your work. Should automatically go to "Pending" when those windows are open.
  • No chat bubbles for /say and party chat
  • Mounts don't scale with skill
  • No sell-back grace period when purchasing items with commendations
  • No confirmation box when selecting a Legacy name

Edited by Kraylessa

/agree with everything as well as agree with loving this game. Makes me sad to see people abandoning ship because of bugs like these. I mean, they can be annoyances, but they're small annoyances in relation to how sturdy the game feels in general. Obviously, this is only my opinion, and I don't think many agree with me. But I would definitely love it if BioWare banged out a bunch of these minor fixes, just to restore some faith in the community.

Appreciate the post! Good to see some constructive criticism. Have fun! And may the force be with you :D

P.S.

You can change the way the guild roster is filtered, and one of the filter options is last online. Hope that helps!

Edited by DarthSliver

/agree with everything as well as agree with loving this game. Makes me sad to see people abandoning ship because of bugs like these. I mean, they can be annoyances, but they're small annoyances in relation to how sturdy the game feels in general.

I think people like you and I are actually the majority in this game. Nearly all of my guildmates feel the same way. Sure there are bugs and there are improvements to be made, but they aren't the sort of thing we'll be quitting over any time soon. I just thought it might be nice for me to post this compilation of issues that I've encountered and heard others in my guild commenting on, without all the QQ /ragequit I see in other posts on these forums.

I think people like you and I are actually the majority in this game. Nearly all of my guildmates feel the same way. Sure there are bugs and there are improvements to be made, but they aren't the sort of thing we'll be quitting over any time soon. I just thought it might be nice for me to post this compilation of issues that I've encountered and heard others in my guild commenting on, without all the QQ /ragequit I see in other posts on these forums.

I feel the same. The majority of the people enjoying the game are too busy to post on the forums XD And I would like to see improvements, which will come in due time. Just makes patch day all the more exciting. Really good to see a constructive thread such as yours without all the unnecessary hate :D

I feel the same. The majority of the people enjoying the game are too busy to post on the forums XD And I would like to see improvements, which will come in due time. Just makes patch day all the more exciting. Really good to see a constructive thread such as yours without all the unnecessary hate :D

Yeah, I would be playing the game right now if I weren't stuck at work! It's the only reason I took the time to post in the first place. ;)

Nice list. I would like to add bad FPS in certain areas, especially indoors, almost to the point of unplayability. Thing is, it seems to correct itself sometimes and is fine for a while, then a little later is bad again.

Not sure what the issue is, but it is happening even to people with great boxes. Mine is not that great but is good, was great a couple years ago, so maybe I can see the reasoning on mine. However, with others that have i7s, 8G mem, latest video cards, SSDs, etc. getting the same problems, (I realize others are perfectly fine), there seems to be a problem in this area.

I'm going to piggy back on to this fine thread.

I was one of the lucky ones that got day one early access. I’m a PVE MMO player who enjoys leveling and crafting. I also have enjoyed end game content in other MMOs. I’ve been taking my time leveling, so I have a level 21, 19, 14. I should also add that I’m a fan of previous BIoWare titles and was luckily enough to work on two of their titles for a major game publisher. So I’m sure that I’ll be called a fanboy, except that I’m in my mid 40’s and have a lot of demands on my time, so the minute a game stops being fun, I’m done.

Based on my time in game here are the issues I’d like to see addressed, but none of them are game breaking from my point of view:

- Add A Friend – the dialog used to enter a friend’s name doesn’t have focus on launch. This is annoying because I’m usually trying to enter the name of friend and instead sending a lot of commands to the UI.

- STWORD Launcher – the launcher doesn’t have focus on launch so it requires another click before I can enter my password.

- GTN – Search functionality could be improved. Requires three mouse clicks before it is usable. Entering name of item to search for doesn’t appear to ever work.

- Smuggler only, sometimes when I take cover, and use an action that has a case time, I’ll see the cast timer, but at the end the action doesn’t fire. This is usually fixed by moving to another cover location. I suspect if I PVP’ed this would really frustrate me.

- Resetting of companion preferences upon loading into new zone. I’ve trained myself to work around this but every now and then I forget. This could be another one that if I PVP’ed might really frustrate me.

- No automated stacking of like items in inventory or cargo hold

- Splitting stacks is cumbersome, need to use shift+right click to avoid spamming chat

- Trying to price an item for sale is a little borked. Backspacing through suggested price results in system placing a 1, that you’ll then need to remove to get the price you desire. I’m forced to highlight suggested price with my mouse and then enter the price I desire.

I’m sure there are others but these are the big ones to me. I don’t find myself missing all the features I hear other complaining about (LFG, Tiered PVP, etc) probably because I play with the same 3-5 people twice a week at the same time.

Nice list. I would like to add bad FPS in certain areas, especially indoors, almost to the point of unplayability. Thing is, it seems to correct itself sometimes and is fine for a while, then a little later is bad again.

Not sure what the issue is, but it is happening even to people with great boxes. Mine is not that great but is good, was great a couple years ago, so maybe I can see the reasoning on mine. However, with others that have i7s, 8G mem, latest video cards, SSDs, etc. getting the same problems, (I realize others are perfectly fine), there seems to be a problem in this area.

I've heard this issue is linked to shadows and I've had shadows turned off since launch (just thought they looked too blocky) so I haven't experienced this FPS issue myself.

I've heard this issue is linked to shadows and I've had shadows turned off since launch (just thought they looked too blocky) so I haven't experienced this FPS issue myself.

I already turned off shadows too, as did others. It didn't help me. I tried some other things with Windows 7 optimizations as well which did improve it some, but still get problems. Ah well, here is to hoping they can find something.

Well the great thing about MMOs are they keep improving. Have to realize some things must be sacrificed for the sake of time. Unless you'd rather been playing 1-2 years from now to make it absolutely perfect.

If people quit over such petty issues... Well they'd eventually find something else to get hung up on and quit.

It's threads like these that give me that warm, fuzzy feeling about the community.

Thank you!

Also, I agree with the OP and personally intend to keep playing while treating the issues like a bungling relative that I put up with because they're over all a nice person. :D

Thank you.

I'm glad you decided to make another post like this, instead of posting in one of the 4billion other threads covering the same points and issues.

Seems only fair since people keep making new "I'm canceling" chicken little threads.

I guess now is as good a time as any for me to take my turn at listing my gripes about the game. First let me say, overall I LOVE this game and I have every intention of playing it for months/years to come, even if these issues aren't resolved. However, this is just my list of things I would like to see fixed/addressed in the near future to improve my own gameplay experience. Here they are, in no particular order:

• No built in AA
  • No high-rez textures
  • Many companion abilities won't stay toggled on/off through dismount, death, resummong, or zoning
  • Can't move companion abilities around on their bar
  • Can't hide companion's helm
  • No key+click combo to equip items directly to your companion from inventory
  • Reverse Engineering button doesn't always appear when clicking on UI button to open inventory. Have to use "I" hotkey to guarantee it will be there.
  • Items don't autostack when right clicking them into cargo hold from inventory
  • Items don't autostack when right clicking them into your inventory from mail
  • Weapons do not appear in the dressing room (ctrl+click)
  • Texture resolution in dressing room is very low
  • No combat log (even if it only tracked MY damage/healing and what the mob does to ME it would be an improvement)
  • No mouseover macros/targetting
  • No Target of Target unit frame
  • Can't scale or move UI elements
  • Buff/Debuff display and mouseover info is severely lacking, especially in party/raid
  • Can't shift+right click someone's name in chat to see their class and level
  • Can't right click someone's name in Guild Roster to whisper/invite them
  • Can't display multiple points of interest (mailboxes, vendors, etc.) on large map at the same time
  • Can't search by name on the GTN without completing filters first
  • Can't shift+click an item in your inventory to search for it on the GTN
  • Can't filter by gear slot when searching the GTN
  • GTN should save your last search upon window close
  • Companions returning from missions auto-close your GTN, mail, and vendor windows, causing you to lose your work. Should automatically go to "Pending" when those windows are open.
  • No chat bubbles for /say and party chat
  • Mounts don't scale with skill
  • No sell-back grace period when purchasing items with commendations
  • No confirmation box when selecting a Legacy name

Signed

1.Abilty Delay.

2.Constantly haveing to reset the UI due to it not responding at all with any exicution.

3.Constantly haveing to look at the character sheet because your atribute states are not addding up properly as well as other stats on the character sheet.

Would you consider adding these three please?

Thankyou for your time.