For those who ENJOY TOR's PvP

xlDARKSIDElx

If they had enough content, people at 50 would not see PvP as the easiest way to get free gear.

Here we totally agree.

Unfortunately, generating enough content is always gonna be a "growing pain" for a new mmo. and content for capped players kinda has to come after content for levelling... but, frankly, BW has earned a bit of my faith and patience by creating a strong and pretty compelling levelling experience thus far, and a pvp system that i genuinely think is more complex and fun than other things i've played. Sure it's got glitches, but it's also got potential, and i for one am interested enough to see what they can make of it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Warzones a lot more that I originally thought I would. It's usually pretty easy to get into a match whenever I feel like some quick, on-demand PvP and the rewards are good. My only issues with Warzones so far has been the exploiters/money farmers and sometimes the target switching seems a little clunky, otherwise it's been a lot of fun. Edited by MorgonKara

For those of you who 'love' SWTOR PVP, you are clearly all casuals...

****, seriously.

I really enjoy the PVP in this game. I've yet to lose on a flat out 1v1 fight against anyone. I think that people having issues with their class need to focus on their rotations and timing. I like that PVP isn't to "fast paced". If you stay calm and keep a clear head their's plenty of time to think and counter. It's a much more back and forth exchange than WoW ever was.

I actually really love the PvP. As far as balance goes, it's the closest I've seen before (granted I still have to see what it'll be like when one day there is magically an all 50's for both sides warzone).

Are there some issues? Sure. Does that ruin my experience completely? Nah.

Having a blast, and am only level 35 :) And yes, I've done pleeeeenty of warzones, so I've been dealing with the 50's as well. Valor rank 35.

Edited by Rheeling

I've noticed SWTOR PvP requires more awareness, or skill, in order to get the most out of your chars abilities than other mmo's.

In WoW you could spam heal through 3 dpsers and throw in a /lol for good measure while waiting for your button bashing dps to show up.

Here you have to position yourself correctly to quickly LoS, stay near allies for guards, additional CC and dps. It requires team effort to secure objectives. Bringing back the charm of PvP for me.

When it's the right time to put 10-50 into a 10-49 bracket & 50 only bracket PvP will be more enjoyable, but until then i don't see anything else wrong with PvP;)

I like the Warzones a lot more that I originally thought I would. It's usually pretty easy to get into a match whenever I feel like some quick, on-demand PvP and the rewards are good. My only issues with Warzones so far has been the exploiters/money farmers and sometimes the target switching seems a little clunky, otherwise it's been a lot of fun.

Yeah I really like being able to have an "On Demand" match when I want it. I quest a bit and every hour or so jump into a PvP match and have fun. Then go back to leveling. At 50 I will be more serious about it. But I want to get their first :)

<---- Enjoys PvP and doesn't understand most of the complaints. Many of them are due to one's own inability to play their class properly.

MOST if not ALL, you got that right

/applaud

/fistbump

and you also get a private dance

/clubdance

Edited by Planar

Facts are, People never see the good points, they are too busy nitpicking at the bad points and focusing on them until nothing else matters, it's not tor thats the problem, its the new generation of gamers.

TOR's PVP is the best I've played in a MMORPG in a very long time and it has great potential to create more unique WZ's. People are just too upset that they don't get top rewards from just running in and HERP DERP zerging instead of going for achievements.

Others are upset that half the time healing or going for achievements and using team work gets punished on the commendations.

TOR's pvp is great, and what's wrong with it will get patched. Other than that, people just need to shut the **** up and stop crying about it

For those of you who 'love' SWTOR PVP, you are clearly all casuals...

As far as i know, "casual" is a word for certain PVErs

PVP does not chain to your PC for 3-4 hours 5 days a week, let aside the farming for reps, attunements (when they existed) and consumables... just queue and enjoy

I enjoy it, I think they need more of it.

3 maps is too few. I'm not asking for completely new stuff, but having more than one map for each mission would help keep it fresh.

World pvp has been too lucky for me so far, I have only been killed once when my client crashed. I haven't reached Ilum yet so I don't know how good the endgame world pvp is, but much fun to be had on Tatooine and Alderaan.

Edited by Gwal

One of the coolest things I think they got right is the ability to play w/anyone's level, which allows me to play with any friends of mine that aren't even close to my level. Granted, the bolster system needs a little TLC and there are some other mechanics that need balancing but for the most part I am thoroughly enjoying the game ;)

when you get used to the ability delay and the moments when you think your heal was through but he wasn't its ok

i like those moments when you pop all your cooldowns and heal like a madman in warzones

giving me a bit of old daoc zergfight feeling back

LOVE IT.....LOVE THE GAME....

only got one gripe.. its the chaining of CC.. other than that.. just waiting for more add ins for pvp...

its a great game.

all the nay sayers and criers will always come to the forums and complain its their nature.

I havent came to the forums till now because the servers are down. if not I too would be playing staying off the forums.

Now that I am on the forums, I am just laughing up a storm at all the negative posts already only in 2 or 3 weeks after launch.

Jesus must work for a gaming company to please the crowd that WOW brought in. Till that day comes... no gaming company will make some of these players happy.

wait 6 months and then complain if nothing ever changes. as of now, the game just launched.

takes time to write code. and in fact i want to play so bad but with this 8 hour down time, I really cant complain because they are fixing something.

But mark me down for liking the PVP.

I thoroughly enjoy the PvP here. This game has only been out for around 2 weeks now so of course there are issues to fix.

The problem as said in this post before are people who feel obligated to have easy PvP given to them without working hard for it.

Also, the new QQ topic of the year, lv50 brackets. while the number of 50s is growing, there just IS NOT enough of them to have their own bracket. Nubbies need to deal with it in different ways than dieing and crying. Use teamwork, strategize, don't try to 1on1 them...of course your going to die.

I love this game, and im only lv36. I play a lot in groups with my guild and we win 80-90% of the time because we work as a team. My complaints about this game are minuet...BioWare has done an excellent job. releasing this game. Hats off.