What grade would you give Bioware today?

Zolaz

Would give.them a straight A+++

They have done exactly as they promised and wrote.

They said you may get up to 5 days early access depending on when you entered your Pre order code.

They even extended that with 2 extra days!!

They are letting ppl into the game according to their code date just as promised. The extra you deposited to pre order will be deducted when you pay the full price or refunded if you cancel.

And if you ordered within the last 7 days you should already have ur game copy....if you are waiting and still only have paid the early access so you have to wait until after release before ur copy arrives?? Well that is your own problem.

I fail to see any wrong doing from bioware since they are delivering exactly what they promised and has been written for a long long time.....

"No Grace Period". They didn't do all that was wrote, that's for sure, so that alone negates your grade.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other mmo companies, the Community Manager is employed to answer questions on the forums. However, the one here thinks he works for Titter.

I was/still am a forum mod for outwar.com. I have been playing that text based RPG since they released and followed the forums for years. My experience with forums and management for online games is this:

They start out eager to help answering whatever they can when they can. They soon realize they cannot please everyone and start to pick and choose what they want to answer, eventually even after all the help and info they offer the rabid fanbase still flame and hate and they(the company) soon stop answering things on their forums unless they absolutely have to.

Just look at any online video game that people pay for and check their archived forums for staff posts and you'll notice a decline the longer the game has been out.

Point is I've been following this forum since they opened in 08 and made an account in 09 because I felt the need to reply to someone and at first it started out great, everyone speculating and talking about what they would like to see....then Bioware starts releasing info and right after the community is split between those happy with what they had seen and those who weren't. Community management response was alot better until half if not more of every post made was nothing but pure hate/dislike.

Yes as paying consumers we have a right to certain things, but as a business they have a right to refuse access to those services even if one of them happens to be information.

I was thinking F. But then I realized people that get F's actually went through all the trouble to pick out the class and sign up for it. That's giving the people that locked out 97% of the preorders and went home at 2PM after bragging about 2 million people playing over Thanksgiving too much credit. So, I'm going with Incomplete, or Drop Out, or Playing Hookie, or Special Ed....

F for fail. Servers at peak times we're sitting at light and standard. Could have easily invited wayyyy more. Plus, all these phantom servers they talk about opening up still - could have just opened them up now and let in double the amount of players. I pre ordered sept 30th, and If I'm not in by friday after work I'll be cancelling. I wont have any time after that for a few weeks with holidays to play, so why waste 30 days of free time.

As much as i'd like to give a grade, it seems unfair at this point.

I think you should look at it from a long-term point of view, which is what BioWare is doing.

I'd rather have my server nicely populated and get in a bit later, then have my server be empty in half a year and have access right now with 500 servers up.

All in all, i understand their plan and objective, even though i am somewhat disappointed that i can't play right now, while some of my guildies are playing already.

I was thinking F. But then I realized people that get F's actually went through all the trouble to pick out the class and sign up for it. That's giving the people that locked out 97% of the preorders and went home at 2PM after bragging about 2 million people playing over Thanksgiving too much credit. So, I'm going with Incomplete, or Drop Out, or Playing Hookie, or Special Ed....

This seems fair. I didn't expect to get in yesterday, but having only 6 days worth or preorders get in on day one of the early launch is absolutely demoralizing. Luckily I have other stuff to play, but I would have preferred to spend my two days off this week playing this.

This seems fair. I didn't expect to get in yesterday, but having only 6 days worth or preorders get in on day one of the early launch is absolutely demoralizing. Luckily I have other stuff to play, but I would have preferred to spend my two days off this week playing this.

not to mention, the servers are filled by exploiters that managed to get to 50 the very first day. no wonder they are so happy with bioware. i would too

Just can't see how can you evaluate a launch considering that the launch date is 20th. By then, if all goes well, everyone is in and the servers are stable. More or less sounds a perfect launch to me.

And no, I'm not in and probably won't be before weekend by this rate.

not to mention, the servers are filled by exploiters that managed to get to 50 the very first day. no wonder they are so happy with bioware. i would too

Well as soon as there is solid proof someone is level 50 already, I'll take this as a "I didn't get in today so I'm raging post".

At this point, knowing before they even fired up their servers that i'd likely get just one day of "early access" i'm not at all surprised there is so much anger over how they are handling this.

They "could' have sent out e-mails with something like the following:

Dear Player XXXblahblahXXX as we bring our servers up to speed, we would like to take this time to let you know we hope to bring you into the game at such and such day/hour. However, please be aware that we may experience technical problems and your entrance date or time may be pushed back. Please be patient with us if this occurs as we want to ensure as smooth a game launch for you as we can.

Thank you, Bioware.

However, instead... they failed to communicate anything, and their lack of communication is directly attributable to all the forum rage directed at them.

They could easily have given us a "rough estimate" of when we might get in. So.. I give them a C+ for launch grade.

~Saitada

Edited by Saitada

Just can't see how can you evaluate a launch considering that the launch date is 20th. By then, if all goes well, everyone is in and the servers are stable. More or less sounds a perfect launch to me.

And no, I'm not in and probably won't be before weekend by this rate.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-star-wars-old-republic first sentence says this was the launch, thanks for playing.

As stated above, they changed the original early release date to the 13th instead of the 15th. As for the people who took off work/school to play a video game, I think you need to reevaluate your lives. Sure, I am as excited as anyone to play this game, and I was not let in on the first day, nor do I expect to be let in tomorrow or the next day. Without the expectation, the day I get the email I will be more excited than if I was waiting at my computer 24/7 clicking refresh inbox. Go get some fresh air, your times will come. Learn that any game's launch is not going to go as smoothly as people hope.