Another Insult to the EU

RetroRayner

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So EU servers are down until 4pm GMT tomorrow, while for North America the servers are down while most are asleep, I really don't care, if it is an American Company, I couldn't care if America invited, computer gaming, electricity, the Internet, computers, life, man the planet earth or even the galaxy, I live in Europe, our servers are in Ireland why not take them down to suit Europe.

BioWare Sort out the stupid EU maintenance times.

how many insults is that now... i lost count ... :p /sarcasm

Only sad people don’t work 9-5. In fact I’m hoping that they start taking the severs down until 9pm every day, I’ve got too much of a life in the evening to be bothered playing nerdy MMOs. :)

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Sad people like police, firemen, doctor's and rest of useless the health care industry, shops, airports and other public transport, storages, cargo transport, other services, cleaning, maintenance? Indeed all those sad rare inviduals should get REAL jobs and LIFE, we don't need them at all, right?

And then the Aussies will whine, or the Chinese or whatever other country/continent.

Live with it. There is no real off-peak in today's networked world. Someone will draw the short straw. Adapt.

No, when the game comes out in Australia/asia, their servers should have maintanance during their nighttime.

JUST LIKE IN EVERY OTHER MAYOR MMO ON THE PLANET.

There is no reason why the EU servers should not have their own seperat maintanancne, apart from utter cheapness from bioware&ea.

We are talking about a multi-milion euro revenue here, not some tiny webservice or free webgame.

Sad people like police, firemen, doctor's and rest of useless the health care industry, shops, airports and other public transport, storages, cargo transport, other services, cleaning, maintenance? Indeed all those sad rare inviduals should get REAL jobs and LIFE, we don't need them at all, right?

I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding your reply but I agree 100%. My “Sad, no life” post was sarcasm in response to all the people who are acting like anyone with an expectation of customer service is somehow a sad loser. who has no life outside the game.

MAH SERVER GOES DOWN WHEN I PLAY IT MUST BE PRIME TIME!

bioware has the numbers they know when most people log on.

stop crying and pretending your special

Are you really naive enough to believe what you just wrote? Or are you trolling?

I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding your reply but I agree 100%. My “Sad, no life” post was sarcasm in response to all the people who are acting like anyone with an expectation of customer service is somehow a sad loser. who has no life outside the game.

Sorry for misunderstanding and glad to see someone sees the real world. ;)

LOL, the forum moderators didn't see the sarcasm either. They just killed the post.

Both regions use the same client and can connect to each other's servers. As such, they will come down at the same time for patches. They chose the time with the lowest overall population. Get over it.

So you’re saying that BW are catering to the tiny minority of players who choose to play on a server outside their own region even though a more local one is provide?

I do have a job, tomorrow happens to be my day off. Please dont give a smiley face and ask me to go do something else.

This means that unless they fix something, I wont be able to play during the whole day, on my day off. Yeah, relax, take a break...

So you’re saying that BW are catering to the tiny minority of players who choose to play on a server outside their own region even though a more local one is provide?

It's a feature that gets asked for in every game, they chose to provide it. I don't know what the usage numbers are for it -- I'm just explaining that it's the reason you get mid-day downtime.

It's a feature that gets asked for in every game, they chose to provide it. I don't know what the usage numbers are for it -- I'm just explaining that it's the reason you get mid-day downtime.

It’s not the reason. The reason will be because it’s cheaper and easier for BW to perform maintenance at the same time on all servers (remember that not all maintenance will include a patch.) If BW are happy to potentially annoy an entire continent of players I don’t think they’re too bothered about the handful that play on a different region’s server.

Both regions use the same client and can connect to each other's servers. As such, they will come down at the same time for patches. They chose the time with the lowest overall population. Get over it.
Unfortunately this simple technicality seems to be lost on the average person within the EU area...

<-- IS FROM UK.

I'm sorry fellow EU citizens, but I don't buy this "But it's my day off" BS one bit. It's always going to be someones day off or some other reaosn why they HAVE to play on the day of maintenance.

I've been round this loop so many times over the last 2 weeks and all I can say is this;

• the TOS/EULA quite clearly outlined the fact that the game service would be down from time to time
  • The Maintenance periods are announced in advance
  • I believe that normally this will be on a set day of the week (Tuesdays)
  • This is how it is going to be, if you are unable to deal with this fact then you need to make a decision on your continued participation in the game
  • You can whine about it until the cows come home, I doubt it will change a thing

Yes, I know it appears that there may have been a day change this week. (See first bullet!)

Now, you can continue to complain, or you can go play the game. Your choice... :cool:

Edited by Catch_TwentyTwo

It’s not the reason. The reason will be because it’s cheaper and easier for BW to perform maintenance at the same time on all servers (remember that not all maintenance will include a patch.) If BW are happy to potentially annoy an entire continent of players I don’t think they’re too bothered about the handful that play on a different region’s server.

Except that it is the reason, of course. No matter how hard you wish that it wasn't so, it is.

sounds good! would you like to pay for the extra maintenence shift, a TCG, or would you prefer they just cut into their profit margin to suit your needs.

I am paying for that, this is not a free game...

I realy dont undeserstand some of you, You are PAYING for this game, stop defending bioware they wont give you extra items etc. DCO, STOi WoW etc etc these games find solutions for down times. Bioware should also

I do have a job, tomorrow happens to be my day off. Please dont give a smiley face and ask me to go do something else.

This means that unless they fix something, I wont be able to play during the whole day, on my day off. Yeah, relax, take a break...

Unfortunately this simple technicality seems to be lost on the average person within the EU area...

<-- IS FROM UK.

I'm sorry fellow EU citizens, but I don't buy this "But it's my day off" BS one bit. It's always going to be someones day off or some other reaosn why they HAVE to play on the day of maintenance.

I've been round this loop so many times over the last 2 weeks and all I can say is this;

• the TOS/EULA quite clearly outlined the fact that the game service would be down from time to time
  • The Maintenance periods are announced in advance
  • I believe that normally this will be on a set day of the week (Tuesdays)
  • This is how it is going to be, if you are unable to deal with this fact then you need to make a decision on your continued participation in the game
  • You can whine about it until the cows come home, I doubt it will change a thing

Yes, I know it appears that there may have been a day change this week. (See first bullet!)

Now, you can continue to complain, or you can go play the game. Your choice... :cool:

I've taken the third choice and canceled.

I'm on a US terminal and it is my day off. Whatever time maintenance server patch gets done, it should always cater to my needs because

I'm > you

And that's the way the whole world should operate!

Your logic is fail, because there are definitely alot more people playing from 10:00-16:00 than from 12:00/3:00 to 8:00/11:00. And it is fail PLUS because extended maintenance directly cuts into the EU PRIME TIME, as seen last tuesday.

You're just trolling. You'd probably be the most vocal whiner if it was the other way around.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.