You Guys DO Realize You're The Minority, Right?

NightfireFox

Are you level 50?

Have you done a lot of PvP? Are you above valor rank 30?

Have you tried any heroic flashpoints, or operations?

Please explain.

hopefully he didnt...

thats why he still have fun...

dosnt surprise me you powergrinder and 24/7 players lose fun quick..

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not nearly as much a WoW clone as TOR is. Do you even think before you type? At least Rift has dynamic world content and an innovative skill system, along with actual reasons to explore the open world. And you're right, it's a total WoW-clone, yet as much as it's a WoW-clone it pales in comparison to how identical TOR is to WoW when you remove the voice over.

yes...innovative. :rolleyes: un-sub or go back in the game and open your eyes. None of what you want is going to be given to you over night. So what is the point of your crying? What do you expect to accomplish?

Reminds me of a kid banging his his fork on the table demanding more food.

A party of people go to a restaurant. They all order a three-course meal. Halfway through the starter course, some of them complain that their dessert hasn't arrived.

More like:

A party of people go to a restaurant. They all order a three course meal. The first course looks fine but after a few bites, taste stale. The second course isn't what they asked for, after contacting the wait staff to have this fixed, the waiter takes away their meal and doesn't return it. Finally the last course is brought out, the plate is empty with a few crumbs. After complaining that the last course sucked a moron from a nearby table pipe in with, "LOL Well if you hadn't rushed all the way thru the meal then the last course wouldn't be so bad."

Plenty of single player games out. Give me a reasonable explanation why you belong in an MMO if you only care about 1-49. MMO's were designed for the hardcore, this isn't disputed among developers. Do you think Everquest and Ultima Online was supposed to be played 2 hours a week? Give me a break. MMO's are supposed to be about competitive play with p l a y e r s.

Maybe for you, but the UO and EQ1 days are long gone. There are no hardcore MMOs being developed or released today that I have heard of. Not SWTOR. Not GW2. Not Terra. Not even The Secret World. The last one was Vanguard, and we see where that ended up.

I can play 2 hours a week or 6 hours a week (my normal average, actually, due to my real life commitments). What that means is that I won't be level cap in the first month of launch-- and likely not in the first 6-8 months of launch. What that also means is that I won't be chewing through the content at a rapid pace, the developers will have more bugs squashed before I get to some of them, and more endgame added before I even start looking in that direction. And before I have time to chew through that endgame, they'll have had time for more.

And the entire time, they'll be collecting $14.99/mo from me and the wife for our accounts.

It was exactly the relationship I had with Blizzard for 5 years. Never did see it all. Did not care, either. I don't play an MMO (and I have played them for 12 years) to rush to endgame and see it all. I play them, and pay for them, to have a continuous experience, with new stuff always waiting for me to go and experience.

And that is what I have gotten in a majority of the MMOs I have played (with exceptions being CoH and DCUO, where hitting the "end" was just too fast and easy).

If I want to see it all, do it all, and sit there wishing for more-- there are offline games for that, that don't have a subscription attached.

There is nothing competitive between players in an MMO unless you PvP. Wait! You have better gear than me? You downed Arthas in WoW (or choose the mega-boss of your favorite MMO)? *pats head* Good for you. Personally, I don't care. I haven't. Never will. And will have my fun my own way, with a guild of like-minded people, and real life friends and family that also join me in game.

You run along now and measure your e-peen. That's a good boy.

That's why there is over 2,000,000 views, and several hundred thousand comments regarding the FPS issues. Small minority.

Oh i dont know about that, those views are not unique views, and i doubt theres hundreds of thousands of comments on it, since each thread here gets closed after a thousand comments, so that would mean there would have to be several hundreds of full threads (were talking hundreds of pages on each thread) on the subject.

but thats ok, i understand that youre just overexaggerating to make your point.

But its still a minority (especially since the game has "over a million subscribers" meaning that every single one of those subscribers would have to have that fps issue according to your reasoning)

OP, you do realize that this exact same OP appeared on the forums of Warhammer, AoC, Aion, LoTRO, and pretty much every other game that failed to live up to expectations, yes? And it always appeared soon after launch, when people in large quantities started to notice they were disappointed in the game.

The forums are not a representative sample of the community as a whole. It is made up overwhelmingly of fans of the title and the game. The so-called "haters" are the minority here, on the forums. Most people who quit the game because of whatever are never going to post about it here.

The hard-core fans of the game who love it to distraction are by far the tiniest minority of the games community. Most people fall somewhere in the middle. But having this much complaining on the forums two weeks after launch is anything but a good sign.

It's also appeared on the forum of every game that has been released since forums were invented. I've been gaming for over 20 years now and I've seen this happen with every major MMO release. I'm convinced that it's IMPOSSIBLE to release a MMO without having some sort of crapstorm on the official forums. I still giggle about all the people that claimed WoW was a dead end game with no end game and terrible PVP that wouldn't make it past it's first year. Sadly those people were actually mostly right as the game had no real end game (lol 10 mans that were later converted to 5 mans due to the lack of challenge) the dishonorable kill system was terribad and all the bugs/crashing was just obscene... Edited by Tool_of_Society

After complaining that the last course sucked a moron from a nearby table pipe in with, "LOL Well if you hadn't rushed all the way thru the meal then the last course wouldn't be so bad."

Well, yeah. Stuff needs time to cook. Why eat raw?

Edited by smartalectwo

It's funny. All these triple-A MMO's start with player bases of around a million or so, and end up with 150K to 250K after a year.

Yet the complainers are the "minority." :rolleyes:

Keep stroking your epeen and your ego, you're the one with the issues.

You jump from MMO to MMO trying to find something that you think is going to be "perfect" yet you don't realize that you are the one that needs to change and mature.

Get rid of your egos, get rid of your epeens, get rid of your own perceptions of what makes a perfect MMOs.

Otherwise every single MMO you play, from SWTOR to GW3, to WoW to Runescape will ultimately dissapoint you, and you'll find yourself on the forums ************ and complaining because it hasn't met your expectations.

SWTOR has no game-breaking issues, it simply doesn't. I'm level 50 and have been PvPing for a while now, all my guild-mates love the game, and none of us have found anything worth really ************ about. Sure, it sucks being outnumbered in PvP, but that is the fault of the playerbase and not the fault of Bioware.

Simply put, the whiners that frequent the forums are the exact same complainers that whined in SWG, whined in Conan, whined in Vanguard, whined in Warhammer, whined in Aion, whined in Fallen Earth...

These same whiners fail to realize that they are the ones with the problem, and not all these game developers.

Grow up, abandon your American consumerist mindset. The customer isn't always right, and your opinion doesn't mean jack in a world of 7 billion. You are only 1 in 7 billion, and you have never been given any "right" to control how companions make their products. Grow up or get out, but keep in mind that you're going to always be disappointed with games until you change.

Seriously, if EVERYONE in this forum unsubbed, it'd be just a small dent. Historically, very small portions of the community post on the game forums.

So please do not assume you represent the majority of players in this game.

we might be the minority to the overall population, but we are the majority of the forum users

Edited by Julsnet

I really am not going to speak on who is the majority and who isn't...all I know is in game is very different than the forums; literally no one complains that I have seen, i have heard folks say on the forums that that's all they read on the GC but I haven't seen it, come to think of it I'm actually seeing a lot less on the forums than there was a couple days ago.

A simple look at numbers shows how few people actually read the forums in comparison with total players. How so? Well the types of threads that most people who actually do read the forum will read are A) announcements and B) stickies. Especially when those threads are of a topic of high interest to the community, such as server ques or populations.

If you look at the number of VIEWS(not posts) for the "Warning on high population servers" which is stickied at the top of this very forum it only has 112k views. Again, VIEWS, not posts. There are over 1,000,000 people playing ATM. Yet only 112k read a highly relevant thread stickied at the top of the most active board.

More like:

A party of people go to a restaurant. They all order a three course meal. The first course looks fine but after a few bites, taste stale. The second course isn't what they asked for, after contacting the wait staff to have this fixed, the waiter takes away their meal and doesn't return it. Finally the last course is brought out, the plate is empty with a few crumbs. After complaining that the last course sucked a moron from a nearby table pipe in with, "LOL Well if you hadn't rushed all the way thru the meal then the last course wouldn't be so bad."

More like:

A lady walks into a fast food restaurant, orders a burger with fries... She is given a burger with fries, but proceeds to throw it up in the air and scream at the cooks for making it lukewarm...

Such behavior is childish and immature, and is the same behavior as seen by countless numbers of whiny brats on these forums.

Seriously, if EVERYONE in this forum unsubbed, it'd be just a small dent. Historically, very small portions of the community post on the game forums.

I believe the game is doing well but forum populations being insignificant is a misconception. Major companies base major decisions based on what would be considered "Tiny polls." why? Math. Gaming forums may only be 10% of the community but that doesn't mean they should be ignored either. If a certain percentage feels ___ is a problem then chances are there's quite a few who don't visit the forums who feel the same.

Let me explain it better. Not everyone posts on the forums. Some people post praises. Some post negativity. Some people say they would like A feature to be improved. Some people find A feature to be fine. Some feel like quitting. Some feel like subbing for six months. The thing is there's many more that won't sing praises or condemn a game. Some will sub for six months without typing a word. Others will quit without typing a word.

If the majority of the comments are criticisms then there's reason to believe that they aren't the only ones unhappy with certain mechanics. There's likely many others who feel the same but aren't saying anything. Then again if most comments about a certain feature are praises chances are they're on the right track. This isn't flawless but it is something to consider.

That being said I see the hate and love 50/50. This is better than previous mmo communities. There will be an initial drop off when the 30 days ends but that's common. I do think the game is going to do really well. I do know this is my permanent home as long as bioware doesn't do something crazy.

Plenty of single player games out. Give me a reasonable explanation why you belong in an MMO if you only care about 1-49. MMO's were designed for the hardcore, this isn't disputed among developers. Do you think Everquest and Ultima Online was supposed to be played 2 hours a week? Give me a break. MMO's are supposed to be about competitive play with p l a y e r s.

You tell him, man. WE ARE ALL SUPPOSED TO LIKE WHAT VITIATIX LIKES!!!!

Sheesh! What is wrong with some of you people?

A simple look at numbers shows how few people actually read the forums in comparison with total players. How so? Well the types of threads that most people who actually do read the forum will read are A) announcements and B) stickies. Especially when those threads are of a topic of high interest to the community, such as server ques or populations.

If you look at the number of VIEWS(not posts) for the "Warning on high population servers" which is stickied at the top of this very forum it only has 112k views. Again, VIEWS, not posts. There are over 1,000,000 people playing ATM. Yet only 112k read a highly relevant thread stickied at the top of the most active board.

Good point; I personally use to spend a lot of time on forums...but I find myself spending less and less as I find they for the most part aren't productive discussion nor a realistic portrayal of the community. I honestly think that going forward more companies will be like Arenanet and refuse to have them.

Says the person playing WOW in space.

Really who cares if its a WoW clone? All that matters is if its fun. They were successful in making it a fun game, and that is what matters. Whether or not they borrowed from WoW is irrelevant. Who cares?

People need to get over their WoW-hatred and their WoWophobia.

You tell him, man. WE ARE ALL SUPPOSED TO LIKE WHAT VITIATIX LIKES!!!!

Sheesh! What is wrong with some of you people?

Not to mention WoW was the first mmo that catered to the casual. Yes EQ did cater to the hardcore. MMO's before and during it's reign as well. Their populations? First mmo to cater to the casual? Their populations? SWTOR population will likely be bigger than everquest in it's prime for years and years. Vitiatix doesn't realize this. Catering to the hardcore isn't how mmo's run anymore.

Point is we represent postions or views on issues that are indicitive of the total number of people playing. For example is the forum crowd were split into points of view of A,B,C, or D on an issue the remaining 99% would also fall into one of the categories. Whether the silent majority would emmulate the same percentage break down as the forum majority would be another issue.

I can't wait for Jan. 21st. Had enough of the forum QQ from obvious trolls and disgruntled fools.

You are not the only one waiting for it. I come here once a day to LOL at some of these posts. I wonder how many of those QQing now will still be around after the 21st.