The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sith Marauder - No Force Push?

Xanadoo

I play a level 50 Annihilation Mara, and honestly, I can't see why you'd want a Force Push. The point is to stay on top of the enemy and cut them down as quickly as possible. If there's multiple enemies, pop a Camo and get out, then 1v1 your opponents into the dirt. To say we don't have enough at our disposal seems to be untrue - we have a plethora of abilities to draw from. Playing my Mara has ruined me - I can't enjoy playing any other class now (although I've certainly tried - I just get bored).

Also, just as the class is gear dependent, the right skills can make a huge difference. I have an arsenal of stims and medpacks and adrenals to use for every situation, and it helps.

Edited by Robert_Guiscard

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reroll juggernaut.

Seriously... marauders are pretty OP in the damage and survivability departments... more so than juggernauts. You cerntainly DO NOT need force push.

But hey im happy to trade force push for undying rage and force camouflage.

Edited by Nemmar

What I am finding funny is the number of people making comments to the extent of Mara's do less damage and they are much worse etc. And are the same kind of people that would go into another thread marked "Mara vs Jugg or Sentinel vs Guardian, which should I pick?" And say ohhhh by far the Mara/Sentinel, so much damage and I'll faceroll the Jugg/Guardian all day long etc.

Just makes me laugh.

Edited by Hyfy

Its clear reading this forum that many of those who are whining for force push and /or say maras don't have much use, like the Op, are either low level maras, sub 40 or greedy kids who want everything.

I have a lvl 50 Jugg veng spec and a lvl 30 Sent. I agree totaly that at lower levels mara/sents are almost useless in pvp. They squish so fast and actualy getting onto a target and being able to stay on a target to dps is a royal pain. There again if they do, they bring the pain even at low levels. Having read the abilities and tooltips for them when they get to about 40ish i can see a mara starts his transition to an unkillable death machine. I accept that and am prepared to suffer the experience of being pancaked all the time in wz till i hit 45-50. Then I'm going to farm people. Bearing in mind its at lvl 50 where my toon will spend most of my game time played.

My Jugg, as dps spec, its an interesting playstyle, leap about like a drug crazed monkey to get the maximum benifit from intercede and leap + 2/4p set bonus. Its fun and yes force push is key to maximising the dps output from a jugg dps. I would rather have a straight up cd that allowed me to dish out my max dps while taking zero damage.

Sure I can change stance and guard people, use taunt but then as I dont have any talents in the immortal tree i am going to die real fast. Meanwhile my dps becomes laughable due to losing the talented benifits from the dps form, oh and losing rage generation while increasing the rage cost of my abilities.

To anyone who doesn't understand why Force Push is amazing: try it.

It resets the cooldown on Force Charge. Which means you can charge at someone, drop your damage on them, then force push them and restart your rotation, giving you several seconds of damage without any coming to you in return.

To anyone who doesn't understand why Force Push is amazing: try it.

It resets the cooldown on Force Charge. Which means you can charge at someone, drop your damage on them, then force push them and restart your rotation, giving you several seconds of damage without any coming to you in return.

So basically you would be giving us 7 seconds of damage on top of everything we already have to keep our opponents from damaging us while we dish out tons of damage?

Marauders are fine the way they are. If you are under 50 then you shouldn't be talking about balance since most games balance around max level, as it should be.

I have both a Jug and Marauder, and Mara's should NOT get this skill. They are absolutely well equipped with what they have right now, Force Push would be too much of an advantage. Jugs need push because of their overall garbage damage to get people off their ***, a Marauder can simply cloak and run.

You clearly don't know what it is to be a juggernaut if not having push wants to make you quit Marauders. No push is small potatoes to pitiful damage. I don't see how the lack of this skill is quit worthy, just sounds like you need to practice. I stomp *** on my Mara as it is, push would ruin my flow.

I play a level 50 Annihilation Mara, and honestly, I can't see why you'd want a Force Push. The point is to stay on top of the enemy and cut them down as quickly as possible. If there's multiple enemies, pop a Camo and get out, then 1v1 your opponents into the dirt. To say we don't have enough at our disposal seems to be untrue - we have a plethora of abilities to draw from. Playing my Mara has ruined me - I can't enjoy playing any other class now (although I've certainly tried - I just get bored).

Also, just as the class is gear dependent, the right skills can make a huge difference. I have an arsenal of stims and medpacks and adrenals to use for every situation, and it helps.

QFT - I feel like using a force push is like CCing yourself because you need to stay on top of the enemy (yes, marauders are melee dps... who knew?) :rolleyes:

Yes, more CC would be nice (though not entirely necessary) - but a push seems counterproductive if you ask me

Edited by JAVAjedi

QFT - I feel like using a force push is like CCing yourself because you need to stay on top of the enemy (yes, marauders are melee dps... who knew?) :rolleyes:

Yes, more CC would be nice (though not entirely necessary) - but a push seems counterproductive if you ask me

Because being able to push a healers guard out of range would be so counterproductive amirite?

While I don't care if we do/don't get force push, all the people saying a knockback on melee is stupid just makes you look stupid.

Think outside the box.

Edited by Houdii

Because being able to push a healers guard out of range would be so counterproductive amirite?

While I don't care if we do/don't get force push, all the people saying a knockback on melee is stupid just makes you look stupid.

Think outside the box.

Touche... but that's what your teamies are for - we can't do everything; but if we could, the push ability would have to knock the target back at least 15m away from the healer - does anyone know if the current force push does that? I looked up the ability on torhead and it said "several meters" - couldn't get specifics...

Hell, I didn't know that it also finishes the cooldown on charge - so you guys can have double leaps? I'm kinda jealous... XD

Think I'm gonna change my tune - if maras could have a force push like that, we'd be able to isolate an enemy from a crowd, immediately leap to him, and do what we do best (1v1). Or in Huttball, we could push the enemy past the goal line (assuming you could position it correctly), then immediately leap to him (we'd become viable ball carriers)! Or would that make us "overpowered"?

Force Push is the most underrated power in the game. It RESETS your charge. People see it as a way to cc the enemy but its more than that. Yeah I can take someone out of a fight via force push but in huttball on my Jugg, this happens very often:

Grab ball

Intercede to teammate,

force charge to opponent,

force push opponent,

force charge to end zone.

So a score in less than 10 seconds.

Also, there is no reason to Force Charge the guy you just pushed. If you are low on health, Force push him and force charge to someone else.

Giving it to Marauders would definately make them overpowered. Kiting Marauders is really rangeds only defense, and trust me, people can't kite my Jugg with Force Push.