If Bioware added a third faction, what would it be that made most sense to the lore?

Miffy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a neutral faction consisting of all the minor races not directly tied to empire or republic?

Every race could have a class each like Ewok Shaman, Wookie Berzerker or my personal favorite, Kaminoan Biologist.

Food for thought?

Endor, and therefore Ewoks, haven't been discovered yet, the Wookies are aligned with the Republic, and I have no idea of what a Kaminoan is so no comment.

Endor, and therefore Ewoks, haven't been discovered yet, the Wookies are aligned with the Republic, and I have no idea of what a Kaminoan is so no comment.

Im not a lore buff or anything, but im sure there are other more time appropriate choices, this was just some examples!

I think there should be a neutral faction because there are other organizations that really dont care who 'wins' as long as they are getting paid. The Smuggler and Bounty Hunter really dont fit in with a side. Short and sweet :D.

Mandalorians or the Hutts.

More so the Hutts because now Canderous the Jedi-lover is leading the Mandalorians. We'll show him what it means to be a TRUE Mandalorian!

Death to Mandalore the Preserver!

Hail to Mandalore the Immortal!

Not sure if immortal has been used. If so, then Mandalore the Ravager

Mandalorians or the Hutts.

More so the Hutts because now Canderous the Jedi-lover is leading the Mandalorians. We'll show him what it means to be a TRUE Mandalorian!

Death to Mandalore the Preserver!

Hail to Mandalore the Immortal!

Not sure if immortal has been used. If so, then Mandalore the Ravager

What? You mean Canderous Ordo? We are 300 years after the events of KOTOR, how could he live so long?

There is a 3rd large government that spans a few thousand star systems, has over 20 colonized worlds, a strong military, a different motive than either republic or sith, and it was mentioned on page 4. LONG LIVE THE CHISS ASCENDANCY!

Easy 2 create a schism b/w chiss and sith. Chiss demand order above all else. Have Sith create havoc in Chiss territory and bam. A 3rd faction. Smaller than the other 2 but disciplined and proven to almost always hold a tech end. And lets not mention the superior tacticians the Chiss create (Thrawn anyone)?

The Chiss could be a perfect 3rd faction that could threaten both sides, but not be their biggest focus considering the rep/sith hate. Allowing a nice triangle of hate.

And you shouldn't WANT to roll anything other than a Chiss imo.

Actually, the Mandalorians would make sense. You could have them return under the leadership of a descendant of Canderous Ordo (who became the new Mandalore in the Revan novel) Considering the Republic and the Sith have parallel classes anyways, would be easy to drop in four classes for the Mandalorians to rival them (e.g. Mandalorian Soldier = Republic Trooper/Bounty Hunter, Mandalorian Scout = Smuggler/Imperial Agent, e.t.c.) Make sense, no?

EDIT: I can see it now, the first expansion: SWTOR: Return of The Mandalorians!

Edited by Captain_Mark

There could conceivably be a lot of worlds that want nothing to do with the destruction the Sith/Republic war is going to cause. Only thing I could really see working is a Trade Federation style mega-corporation that neutral worlds could flock to for protection. Mandalorians are already dominantly aligned with the Empire. The Hutts are only interested in profits, and selling to warring nations is very profitable. There's already a precedent for a corporate army in the prequels, and playing an advanced battle droid would be pretty awesome =p

Only problem would be all of their classes would need to be tech based, though creating additional market for non-force melee weapons wouldn't be a bad thing. Maybe something like..

Trooper/BH = Battle Droid

SW/JK = Enforcer/Scrapper with vibroblades

JC/SI = Engineer style class with Techstaffs/Electrostaffs

IA/Smuggler = Corporate espionage comes to mind, but that's awfully close to the IA, maybe a lighter battle droid

Turn in your fan card. You're done here.

Edited by DBattery

Dark knight abducts young princess and keeps her prisoner in his black castle. Young farm boy receives secret message and after receiving his father's magic sword, adventures forth to rescue the princess, aided by a kindly old wizard and a good-hearted rogue.

Apparently you don't know what a fairy tale is.

"Also fairy tales utilize what are called "Magic Objects." These are things given to the characters in the tale to help them along their journey. They help the character do things that he/she couldn't have done with out it, and there is no explanation as to how the object or power works and aren't very well described"

This was my favorite part. You see, in Star Wars there is a mystical and magical thing called the Force. Perhaps you should take the time to actually watch the movie before posting anything else on these boards. And by movie I mean the actual movie, not that later junk where Lucas decided to change the Force into a blood born disease.

P.S. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away = Once upon a time in a far away land

Where to start...

Well first off any reference I make is to the original trilogy of Star Wars. Second, I just finished a college level class in literature specifically on fairy tales, which I aced. Thus ends the ethos section of this response, hopefully you find a college education satisfactory for my knowledge of fairy tales.

The first section of your response would be valid ("Dark knight abducts young princess and keeps her prisoner in his black castle. Young farm boy receives secret message and after receiving his father's magic sword, adventures forth to rescue the princess, aided by a kindly old wizard and a good-hearted rogue.") if that were as in depth as Lucas got with his characters. I true fairy tale does NOT have character development nor do they have any back story. In order for this to work with Star Wars we shouldn't know much about the family that Luke comes from, but we do. The fact that Luke and Leia are siblings would be irrelevant and shouldn't have been put into the trilogy, but it was. Just because your narrow summation of the trilogy may sound like a fairy tale, all the details within the original trilogy put together rejects that conclusion.

As for the force. For the force to truly be considered a "Magic Object," it should not be explained AT ALL. It would only be used when it is convenient and no one would care about how it effects people nor would anyone in the movies find the force to be anything out of the ordinary. In episode IV, Ben Kenobi begins to explain how the force effects everyone by saying, "It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together." In a true fairy tale that would be irrelevant.

One more example is when Ben Kenobi tricks the storm troopers on Tatooine about the droids, and then proceeds to explain to Luke that this particular attribute of the force only works on the weak-minded. Yet, another explanation they would not be in a true fairy tale.

Last, and perhaps the most important point, is that true fairy tales do not in fact have authors, instead they are collected. The Grimm brothers merely collected the fairy tales you heard, they did not write them. It is well documented who helped create Star Wars.

Star Wars could at best be like a fairy tale, but would never be considered amongst scholars of fairy tales to be a true fairy tale. Perhaps you should you should find some peer reviewed explanations on the true elements of a fairy tale and then reevaluate your opinion.

Might be silly, but I would love it if there was a neutral faction. I realize the questing options might be difficult to deal with and would require extra writing/organization, but BH's shouldn't have to necessarily align with the Empire, and nor should Smugglers.

Definately Crime/Cartel.

I've always thought that the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler did not belong with Empire/Republic, these two classes should always have been neutral/crime. It would be a mistake I think to allow Jedi/Sith into a third faction.

• 1 year later...
I always thought that the third faction should be "Independant" and would consist of the smuggler and bounty hunter. Instead of earning light or dark side points they would earn faction points with either the Republic or the Empire. They would have smuggler and bounty boards where they could take quests from. The faction points would essentially represent how much the Republic or Empire trusts them. The more trust or faction points the harder the missions.

Did you not see the Attack of the Clones the race that was building the clones? Where Obi Wan battles Jango?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kaminoan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtbJeey5Fmw

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I always thought that the third faction should be "Independant" and would consist of the smuggler and bounty hunter. Instead of earning light or dark side points they would earn faction points with either the Republic or the Empire. They would have smuggler and bounty boards where they could take quests from. The faction points would essentially represent how much the Republic or Empire trusts them. The more trust or faction points the harder the missions.

not just smuggler and bounty boards. such faction could be based on big unaligned organizations that are already in swtor/kotor like Czerka and Exchange. I still think these organizations are underused in swtor. There could be lot of great stories built around them.

Edited by zzoorrzz