Why are people leaving and constantly crying?

Spade_PK-XLVII

Whiners made SWG worse over (blank)

By demanding a departure from the very things which made the game A) fun, and B) different from most other MMOs at that time. Pretty obvious really, especially when they lost nearly half their subscribers over night when NGE hit, what does that tell you? Don't listen to the community too much, it can and will ruin your game!

Edited by DarkZenith

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

By demanding a departure from the very things which made the game A) fun, and B) different from most other MMOs at that time. Pretty obvious really, especially when they lost nearly half their subscribers over night when NGE hit, what does that tell you? Don't listen to the community too much, it can and will ruin your game!

said whiners didn't like having to make their own decisions. They wanted more guidance and more conformity. they were the minority of hte players but majority of forum whiners -sadly same thing seems to be happening here

The game hasn't even been officially out for 1 month. All/most of the significant gameplay issues WILL be addressed. This game is a VERY LARGE game. The amount of time/effort to modify and create new coding is much more than 1 week.

Yes there are many issues. But with our feedback they will be addressed.

Look at all other MMO's. Look at their starts. Look where they ended up. The games never stayed the same from their launch. SWToR will improve.

PvE will get better.

PvP will also get better.

Things will change for the better.

Have some faith and have some patience.

Hey guy when you have problem with your TV cable company, phone company, electric company, what do you do?... You await or you contact with the customer service.

This is the same, as a lot of people say we're paying for this.

And this game will only very large and last in time if the people keep playing on it. And BW goes on a wrong way.

Don't allow yourself to be misled by what you read on here, it can easily leave you with a false perception. Do you see the same number of people complaining on the game itself? Most probably not.

Usually when people have something to moan about, they like to voice their opinions. Where better to voice your opinions than an online internet forum? That's why forums attract a lot of complainers. Truth is, most of those who are happy with the game just get on with it and don't say a word.

I'm not saying the game is perfect or without flaws, but all I am saying is don't allow yourself to be disillusioned by some of the stuff said on here.

said whiners didn't like having to make their own decisions. They wanted more guidance and more conformity. they were the minority of hte players but majority of forum whiners -sadly same thing seems to be happening here

Indeed. Sad thing is, said whiners probably left the game anyway, and the majority were then stuck with the changes they had brought about.

Forum whiners = vocal minority. This is a fact.

Indeed. Sad thing is, said whiners probably left the game anyway, and the majority were then stuck with the changes they had brought about.

they are the equivalent of the so called "Occupy" protestors who are delusional enough to believe they speak for the majority

1) If I'm complaining about the service it's precisely because I like the game. If I'd like the game I was be quiting and no posting here. I want to give BW a chance of improve a disastrous service, is the worst service in the entire MMO market. And that is a fact too.

2) We'll see who is minority when the community of this game will be ridicolous. And it what's going to happen if BW doesn't react and begin to listem his customer soon.

I think everyone has a tipping point for every game (MMO or otherwise) where it no longer is any fun for them. I played City of Heroes/Villains for 6+ years and loved it - but when it went free to play - that was it for me. It feels like a Facebook game with all the Ads to buy this buy that. So I left, but that was my decision. As for SWTOR, I like the game alot, but the lack of character customization (i used to spend hours just on my costume), the long, long, long walks between mishes (im used to flying), and the terrible system for finding a group (easy peasy in CoX) is going to push me to my tipping point sooner than later, and I'll go back to city of Heroes/Villains as I'm sure alot of ppl will go back to WoW, or another MMO they like. Overall I'd say the story driven content in SWTOR is fun, most everything else isn't. Without an open world and tools for people to create their own fun (ie: character customization, player cities, choosing your own fing ship and modding it, etc) this game IMO isn't going to be around for long. Once the player base leaves in large numbers its almost impssible to get them back - we all know about SWG.

Apple-polishers = vocal minority. This is also fact.

One might actually say that people voicing their opinion one way or the other is a vocal minority and that trying to throw around "vocal minority" as a way to discredit people's views is retarded.

Ask an average WoW player if WoW got better over time or worse.

Ask an average SWG player if SWG got better over time or worse.

Change isn't always improvement.

Most people I know who played WoW from the beginning actually thought it got better.... up to WotLK. Then it goes worse. I had only played since BC and quit before Cata so don't know myself.

Apple-polishers = vocal minority. This is also fact.

One might actually say that people voicing their opinion one way or the other is a vocal minority and that trying to throw around "vocal minority" as a way to discredit people's views is retarded.

No, it isnt.

1.5 mill subscribers. I'll be generous and say perhaps 20% actually participate on the forums - so that's what? 300,000? OK, let's say - again, being generous - 50% of those are complainer/quitter/whiners - now, we've got 150,000 which is just 10% of the subscribers. That, sir, is the definition of a "vocal minority" - not even a statistically viable sample

No, it isnt.

1.5 mill subscribers. I'll be generous and say perhaps 20% actually participate on the forums - so that's what? 300,000? OK, let's say - again, being generous - 50% of those are complainer/quitter/whiners - now, we've got 150,000 which is just 10% of the subscribers. That, sir, is the definition of a "vocal minority" - not even a statistically viable sample

What with my point being that "toadies" are every bit the vocal minority that "whiners" are I'm not even sure what it is you're trying to say. You're not really adressing what I wrote.

Everyone on this forum is part of the vocal minority. Anyone here trying to claim the silent majority as his/her own or trying to disregard others because they are the "vocal minority" is pants-on-head stupid.

Edited by Kenthen

Well, I'd take the current WoW over the release WoW any day of the week, and to be honest they're both pretty bad anyway. But not so bad is way better than just plain bad. ;)

Funny, I'd take WoW Vanilla or perhaps WoW early-TBC over anything WoW since Fail of the Lich King.

And hey, I've got subscription numbers to back me up and prove I'm far from alone in this!

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/WoW.png

See how it STOPS growing just before 2009 and actually drops subscriptions? Yup, that's the anticlimax known as Fail of the Lich King.

See that second peak at the end of 2010? That was Cata-Clysma, people had high hopes for that one, lots of old players got conned into returning, but it simply DIDN'T deliver, and tons of people left in disgust. Looking forward to the next stockholders meeting, I'm pretty sure they're below 10 million by now.

So what can we learn from this? Simple:

TAKE EVERYTHING ADDED OR CHANGED IN WOW AFTER TBC WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!

Those changes and additions are NOT a ticket to success. The figures prove that it's rather the opposite:

Cross Server Grouping: Bad Idea

Easymode Content: Bad Idea (note how easymode content does NOT equal casual-friendly content, those are two totally different things!)

Wellfare Epics: Bad Idea

Flying Mounts: Bad Idea

Overhauling Classes: Bad Idea

Tailoring and tuning the entire game to the use of third party mods: Bad Idea

Dropping Attunements: Bad Idea

Turn EVERYTHING into a mandatory grind: Bad Idea

Forced Grouping: Bad Idea

I wouldn't play either Vanilla or TBC instead of SWoTOR though. SWoTOR is just that much better than WoW Vanilla or WoW TBC, and several leagues ahead of anything Actiblizzion put out eversince or will ever release in the future.

No, while I STILL play Diablo I & II occasionally, I'm not even gonna bother with that legalized goldseller place they call Diablo III. That's not Diablo, they just borrowed the name and are going to exploit the heck out of it.

Anyway, I seriously suspect a bunch of the whiners and quiters to be paid for posting garbage like that. It'll wear off in about 20-30 days. For now, private guild forums are the place to be.

Because most of them expected a second coming and then when they noticed that it is only a game they nerdrage :D

And some just want WoW 2.0 and when they cant have that they rage threatining that they will go back ..............

Others shut theire mouth knowing that every new MMO will have these kind of problems and enjoys our gametime :p

Except when we are at work :D

Edited by Varghjerta

The game hasn't even been officially out for 1 month. All/most of the significant gameplay issues WILL be addressed. This game is a VERY LARGE game. The amount of time/effort to modify and create new coding is much more than 1 week.

Look at all other MMO's. Look at their starts. Look where they ended up. The games never stayed the same from their launch. SWToR will improve.

PvE will get better.

mmo companies send trolls to badmouth a game and chase people back to wow or other games

its how the mmo companies work.... thats why the mods should auto move all qq to a tissue box forum

Most people I know who played WoW from the beginning actually thought it got better.... up to WotLK. Then it goes worse. I had only played since BC and quit before Cata so don't know myself.

Precisely.

Also, we're generalizing what "better" means. Most of the complaints on this forum are technical complaints which, with WoW, have only gotten better and better up until today's incarnation and the same will happen with TOR.

PvE will get better.

Well, let's take my pet peeve as an example seeing as thousands more people are experiencing the same issue. I'm talking about the horrendous, lag, up and down FPS, stuttering, game freezes, etc. This has been an ongoing problem since the last 6 beta builds of the game I played. Now, instead of getting better after release, it's actually gotten worse based on the thousands of thread replies to various posts about it.

1) If I'm complaining about the service it's precisely because I like the game. If I'd like the game I was be quiting and no posting here. I want to give BW a chance of improve a disastrous service, is the worst service in the entire MMO market. And that is a fact too.

I think this may be more of what the OP was referring to. Not people who complain as much as though coming on here and complaining and then at the very end saying they are or already have cancelled their sub.

I don't mind the complaining on these boards as long as it is constructive criticism and not just complaining. Offering up solutions comes off better, even to BW, than just complaining.

Personally I think the game is plenty fun as is. But if didnt like the game, I sure as hell wouldnt stick around on the off chance it might get better. And when I leave I usually don't come back. Take the latest final fantasy mmo. That thing was an unmittigated disaster. I wouldnt subject myself to more than 2 hours of that torture. Im not gonna stick around paying my sub while they work on making it better. If its not fun now, Im leaving.