So the Collectors Edition is still available everywhere.

Conundrum-NSA

So its not generally accepted, its your own conclusion based on some other games? How about no one was buying those anymore so they stopped making them. If people were still buying it they would keep on making it. Simple supply and demand really.

Nah, the wow collector editions were very, very limited. But Blizzard said they would be and your only chance was pre-ordering them. If you want a vanilla CE, which is more than 7 years old now, prepare 1000 euros to get one on ebay.

Anyway, BW is free to do with their collector edition what they want. Collector does not automaticly mean its limited. Then it would be a limited collector edition, which is how Blizzard announced theirs.

BW isnt Blizz, nor did BW ever state the CE would be limited supply. If you thought so, then you misunderstood it.

Edited by Kesari

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

every successful MMO? I doubt that..

For WoW collectors meant "we're stopping manufacturing them once it releases, so you better pre-order"

I usually don't pay attention to games collectors editions, but yea. For wow, it means that.

Sure, its not that hard...I play MMO's like they were single player games. To me the actual journey to top level is the best part of the game.

I despise concept of raiding after I have seen the content once or twice. (I could care less what color my gear is..and will not randomly farm for a virtual sword, pvp does not hold my attention for more than 5 minutes. It's a twitching game, don't care... I want story line. So for me the more linear the better, the less PVP, the better...No raids? Absolutely fantastic.....

So really, it is easy. MMO comes, you get it, you play for a few months, than another one comes out, you cancel old one, start a new one...and you keep the chain going.

This one here, may actually stop the chain from going with this fabulous voice overs...I'm in love.

Roman

This whole thread should just get locked and removed.

Blizzard: Guys we are releasing 1000 copies of a limited Collector Edition!

BioWare: Guys, we are releasing a Collector Edition!

See the diffrence?

/End of Thread. :p

Edited by Kesari

Yawn...the BDF has arrived in force.

So people dont agree with you they must be fanboys......seriously were you expecting everyone to agree with you? If so, youve got to have some of the biggest issues socially. Not really sure what you thought you were going to get out of posting on a forum frequented by *gasp* people.

So people dont agree with you they must be fanboys......seriously were you expecting everyone to agree with you? If so, youve got to have some of the biggest issues socially. Not really sure what you thought you were going to get out of posting on a forum frequented by *gasp* people.

My wife just made a interesting observation.......many of these frequent game bashers writing style is exactly the same; it makes you wonder if it's not the same person or a single group.

When my good friend who is a game stop manager told me that every MMO launch a couple people would buy multiple copies of the game and brag about how they planned to troll the forums I laughed, but I have to wonder if that isn't the case.

You're right, I'm insulting a community so blinded by drooling fanboyism that they ignore what has been standard for years in MMOs.

In the end though...the "haters" and "trolls" will have the last laugh.

funny you quote haters as if its not an acceptable term for what they are, yet those in support of the game are most definitely fanboys......:rolleyes:

Really?

Find me a Burning Crusade CE?

How about Wrath of the Lich King?

How about Rift?

Star Trek Online?

Oh that's right, the only place you can find those CEs is third party resellers because they aren't being produced anymore.

Here are Rift and Star Trek online CEs from Amazon. I actually saw a copy of Rift's CE at my local best buy the other day too.

http://www.amazon.com/Rift-Collectors-Pc/dp/B004HKB0XA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325473964&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Online-Collectors-Pc/dp/B002V1PTO8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1325473988&sr=1-1

Really?

Who cares if there's more CE's? Other then the people who want one and the people who horded them to sell later? Good for those that wanted one!

I mean really, lol. Big freaking deal. How does this effect anyone's game?

Man, people are really grasping at straws now.

Bad Bioware for giving people what they want! :rolleyes:

Edited by Skoobie

I'm loving the fact that the CE is still being sold because it's screwing over all the speculators that thought they could double, triple, or quadruple their money because they assumed it was a limited run. There's one currently on Amazon trying to sell his copy for $850 bucks.

I admit it. I'm a Grinch. :p

My wife just made a interesting observation.......many of these frequent game bashers writing style is exactly the same; it makes you wonder if it's not the same person or a single group.

When my good friend who is a game stop manager told me that every MMO launch a couple people would buy multiple copies of the game and brag about how they planned to troll the forums I laughed, but I have to wonder if that isn't the case.

And you wonder why you get laughed at with tinfoil hat crap like this.

If you look closer it's third party Amazon sellers which are basically the same thing as ebay.

If you look closer it's third party Amazon sellers which are basically the same thing as ebay.

I played STO for two years. And in September I decided I was going to buy the CE because I wanted some memorabilia. It wasnt thru Amazon or Ebay, but Atari itself. This was 6 or so months after Perfect World picked up Cryptic, STOs Developer.

So you defend making up outlandish claims of conspiracies of people to ruin your game?

Careful....I think the Illuminati is monitoring this forum.

Funny you were making outlandish claims of conspiracies surrounding why the CE was still being sold not too long ago in your OP.

Kettle calling the pot black ay?

Edited by Foxtrotmikelima

Really?

How about Rift?

Star Trek Online?

Oh that's right, the only place you can find those CEs is third party resellers because they aren't being produced anymore.

Best Buy, Fayetteville NC has thirteen, yes 13, World of Warcraft Cataclysm CE's in stock in the storeright now. They also have 3 Rift CE's in stock.

Really?

How about Rift?

Star Trek Online?

https://www.google.com/search?q=burning%20crusade%20collectors%20edition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np#q=burning+crusade+collectors+edition&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=shop&source=og&sa=N&tab=wf&ei=kC8BT8_4A6rt0gG92tG2Ag&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=2de55b0a1ffbc1be&biw=1600&bih=694

You can find the rest, learn to Google.

Oh look how low those prices are for something SO rare. :rolleyes:

ok op is obviously backed into a corner and feels like he needs to downplay the game and the players so the big bad internet people won't think he's stupid. This thread is derailed and dead and we should all just respect a "community thread lock" as it were

This!

Edited by PhoenixStar

I am glad you brought this to my attention I was under impression CE's were all gone> woot!!! gunna get myself and wife one each now. Didnt have the money to buy prior to launch so just got standard to get us in-game. Now we gets to get the stuff :D :D :D :D Oh and tyvm Edited by Aroseby

The collectors edition NEVER said it was limited edition.

So yeah, they can continue to produce and distribute them and probably will as long as there is market demand. A lot of people really enjoy the collectors bundle content, so keeping it available is a good thing.

I do believe they limted the intital production sales in order to push more demand to EAs deluxe digital product. But that's just my opinion.

Hopefully, silly people that just wanted the digital items rather then the whole collectors bundle, will stop buying them and stop /ranting about being ripped off, etc. etc. :p

Edited by Andryah

• 3 weeks later...