So How come the imperials are almost entirely humans?

drexxik

I have a little Lore related question as the title suggests. Lets start with two premises.

First, the Sith trace their origins to the Sith alien species.

Second, THE human race originated on the planet Coruscant, the current capital of the republic.

How come the imperial population consists almost entirely of xenophobic humans? How did humans come to be the Sith ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a little Lore related question as the title suggests. Lets start with two premises.

First, the Sith trace their origins to the Sith alien species.

Second, THE human race originated on the planet Coruscant, the current capital of the republic.

How come the imperial population consists almost entirely of xenophobic humans? How did humans come to be the Sith ?

They talk about this in the collector's edition book. I don't think it's a spoler, but, I'll tag it anyways ...

The Sith race was originally enslaved by a trio of dark jedi that founded the Sith order. All humans.

That spoiler is an over generalization.

Around the year 6,900 BBY, exiled fallen Jedi—fleeing from the Battle of Corbos, which concluded the Hundred-Year Darkness—landed on Korriban, a desolate world inhabited by the relatively primitive but unusually Force-sensitive Sith people.[4] Upon arriving, the Dark Jedi attempted to subjugate the Sith and take whatever knowledge they possessed. This led to the Sith attempting to protect their secrets but failed due to the superior training and technology of the invaders.[8] Using their training in the Force, the fallen Jedi amazed the Sith, and elevated themselves to god-like status on Korriban, becoming the rulers of the Sith people. Over the next two thousand years, interbreeding occurred between the Fallen Jedi and the Sith by means of Sith alchemy which led to the term "Sith" being used to identify not only the original inhabitants of Korriban, but also their fallen Jedi masters.[4] This intermingling between the two races went across hundreds of generations that was made between the Dark Jedi and the High Priests which led to the creation of hybridized offspring from this union who became the new ruling class of the Sith.[8] Thus was the Sith Empire born, with nearby Ziost becoming the capital, while Korriban became a sacred mausoleum-world. One of the first Sith Lords of this new empire was Ajunta Pall.

Source : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Empire

Or you could just have easily said, the Empire is against "aliens." There are some exceptions, like Twi'lek slaves, and such, but for the most part, if you're not human, you're garbage, to the empire.

Compare it to WWII Germany's Master Race dealie.

Or you could just have easily said, the Empire is against "aliens." There are some exceptions, like Twi'lek slaves, and such, but for the most part, if you're not human, you're garbage, to the empire.

Compare it to WWII Germany's Master Race dealie.

Your actually worse then garbage if your an alien in the empire, some exceptions but for the most part if your an alien in the empire your nothing not even dirt.

Play SI story you get a quick feel for way sith empire is and basically boils down to, the Sith race being Superior to others, and yes much how nazi's viewed blonde haired and blue eyed people. Difference being that the sith just believe those people should be slaves, or tools of the empire, also goes a bit further then that as well. For example if i'm an alien but have strong force sensitivity and pass trials on korriban, this elevates me above any non-force user, though in truth is a new law and are alot of sith that don't like this.

Basically is a hierarchy...

Sith Pure Blood

Sith(human with sith blood)

Force Sensitive pass korriban trials

Non-force user

As long as you can use force you are treated above everyone else, but being a true sith or human with force abilities tends to be norm. Aliens are supposedly rare but most of trainers we see in game are actually twi'lek...which feels odd =P anyway! thats way i understood it anyway.

Yep Empire really has a big bias against aliens or at the very least no-humanoid looking aliens. Also they arent big on women in the military either but this wont be represented in a MMO cause Bio Ware likes not to getting sued haha

Actually this is still somewhat represented, there's a lot less female Imperial Navy then male ones. Although yes, in the sake of not getting accused of sexism, they've altered that. But then again, I think that was only the Galactic Empire - Palpatine didn't like a LOT of things.

People always don't get along.. I mean look at how well the races we have in the real world get along.. Having an array of species in the empire would cause discontent which could lead to a splitting of the empire.

In a word .. it's Star Wars canon.

The Empire has nearly always been aligned to Humans, the Emperor sees alien species as lesser beings and/or slaves. Check out Chewbacca's own history, the modern Empire enslaved Wookies and numerous other species. Also according to canon they wiped out a few others too.

In a word .. it's Star Wars canon.

Really? Not once in the movies does it say that Imperials xenophobic of aliens. Not once. It was assumed by EU writers, because Lucas invoked the Nazis (who always make good bad guys) in the Imperial uniforms. Not because he was saying they were, but because it made them look more threatening.

Neither the Republic or the Separatists were lacking in non-human representation. The only reason BioWare does it, is because they are going out of their way to invoke the Empire of the OT, which I think was a mistake. So suddenly the xenophobia that was never spelled out is now assumed to be canon.

The Empire has nearly always been aligned to Humans, the Emperor sees alien species as lesser beings and/or slaves. Check out Chewbacca's own history, the modern Empire enslaved Wookies and numerous other species. Also according to canon they wiped out a few others too.

Everyone enslaved the wookiees. They were enslaved in the Old Republic by Czerka and the Jedi did nothing about it. They are not militaristic like their Trando nemeses, so the Trandos are always exploiting that. It’s not that wookiees don't have a military force, they just never rise to the point of being and interstellar force.

Really? Not once in the movies does it say that Imperials xenophobic of aliens. Not once. It was assumed by EU writers, because Lucas invoked the Nazis (who always make good bad guys) in the Imperial uniforms. Not because he was saying they were, but because it made them look more threatening.

Neither the Republic or the Separatists were lacking in non-human representation. The only reason BioWare does it, is because they are going out of their way to invoke the Empire of the OT, which I think was a mistake. So suddenly the xenophobia that was never spelled out is now assumed to be canon.

Not going to argue what Lucas' intent was from the movie script alone. That is like trying to divine the weather from chicken entrails. However, I will offer this comparison -

How many aliens are found in the Rebel Alliance / Luke's posse throughout the movies, compared to how many aliens make a show in the crew of the Empire? The ONLY aliens that appear in the Empire's employ throughout the movies are the bounty hunters they pull to find Han, who are only mercs and not actually employed in the Empire like the Bounty Hunters are in SWTOR.

This could be construed (logically) three ways. A: The Empire doesn't like aliens. B: There were no aliens for the Empire to recruit (Which we can eliminate because it's Star Wars), or C: Lucas et al did not have the costumes / money / what have you to put aliens in the Empire's cast of characters as well. Which I find unlikely, but also slightly downing, so I"m going to rule that one out too. :D

Edited by NomineImperator

C: Lucas et al did not have the costumes / money / what have you to put aliens in the Empire's cast of characters as well. Which I find unlikely, but also slightly downing, so I"m going to rule that one out too.

From what I've learned. This is actually the case.

While Lucas was wanting to include Aliens in the Empire it as far to expensive to get all the props madeup and setup to show aliens working for the Imperials.

How many aliens do you see during A New Hope working for the Rebellion? Most of them were also humans. As trends slowly churned the Pro-Humanism of the Empire tend to stick.

From what I've learned. This is actually the case.

While Lucas was wanting to include Aliens in the Empire it as far to expensive to get all the props madeup and setup to show aliens working for the Imperials.

How many aliens do you see during A New Hope working for the Rebellion? Most of them were also humans. As trends slowly churned the Pro-Humanism of the Empire tend to stick.

I will take your word for it. That kind of bums me out, cause if this were the case they could have at least plonked a weequay or something human-looking into the crew or made one of the dudes Vader chokes out an alien. Whatev's though.

I will take your word for it. That kind of bums me out, cause if this were the case they could have at least plonked a weequay or something human-looking into the crew or made one of the dudes Vader chokes out an alien. Whatev's though.

Gotta remember, everyone expected ANH to fail miserably, including GL himself. He was only allowed to make it because he had influential friends(I wanna say Coppola) who insisted he be given the chance.

The Empire is Speciest, but give you cookiees. So go to the Republic/Jedi where we welcome all Species and have free chinese.

That'd be way too easy. That's why most of your aliens are weak. We on the other hand don't only have to fight the republic, but also them alien-hatin' imperials, which obviously makes us faaaar bettah!:p

Edited by Kiyosa

Not going to argue what Lucas' intent was from the movie script alone. That is like trying to divine the weather from chicken entrails. However, I will offer this comparison -

How many aliens are found in the Rebel Alliance / Luke's posse throughout the movies, compared to how many aliens make a show in the crew of the Empire? The ONLY aliens that appear in the Empire's employ throughout the movies are the bounty hunters they pull to find Han, who are only mercs and not actually employed in the Empire like the Bounty Hunters are in SWTOR.

This could be construed (logically) three ways. A: The Empire doesn't like aliens. B: There were no aliens for the Empire to recruit (Which we can eliminate because it's Star Wars), or C: Lucas et al did not have the costumes / money / what have you to put aliens in the Empire's cast of characters as well. Which I find unlikely, but also slightly downing, so I"m going to rule that one out too. :D

It doesn't matter what he intended but what it is now. The EU is canon so the Empire really didn't like Aliens. Palpatine showed general disgust for alien species in the new trilogy from time to time unless he really needed them. The Imps aboard the Executor show extreme disgust to the Bounty Hunters, I believe in part because they were mostly alien freaks, a Mandalorian and a bizarre robot. While the game's factions are not the ones that come later they do evoke them pretty well.

It doesn't matter what he intended but what it is now. The EU is canon so the Empire really didn't like Aliens. Palpatine showed general disgust for alien species in the new trilogy from time to time unless he really needed them. The Imps aboard the Executor show extreme disgust to the Bounty Hunters, I believe in part because they were mostly alien freaks, a Mandalorian and a bizarre robot. While the game's factions are not the ones that come later they do evoke them pretty well.

Speculation of the highest order.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.