The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

I love it how trolls (US trolls or not, doesn't matter) keep posting in this just to anger other people with hilarious comments.

To every poster that says variations of "no big deal get a life": if you aren't a troll and are really so dull, we'll say it again. It. Does. Not. Concern. You. As in, if you have no trouble with the current situation don't go attacking whoever has problems with it. If i have no problems with my car i don't go to another car owner and call him names because his car has a fault somewhere. It would be pointless, and immature.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which games are you talking about? Cause WoW has seperate maint.times and the US gets the new patches a day before Europe. And most often Europe gets the wold-first kills anyway.

Nobody is complaining in WoW about the "advantage" of the US.

I was thinking of Shaiya and Prius mainly (havnt played wow since that "burning crusade" patch so donno much about that one .. also isnt wow ip restricted as well? well, it dosnt really matter as there is separate european/us servers).

I will admit tho that Shaiya had a really great costumer service tho. They even changed the main importent instance (gold maker) to run different times during the week to make it available to all timezones (and that is probably also why i stayed with them so long). Alas the bosses (even the small area ones) and daily GM events is still US times only.

Worst ive ever tried was 2Moons by Acclaim .. one day i was playing happily .. the next i tried to log in only to get the message: "sorry, europe is no longer allowed to play the game".

Its become a lot better lately tho. Used to be +80% of mmorpgs that didnt allow europeans to partake .. but lately its been MUCH better.

Edited by Rimr

Please, if this is something you care about help keep this post on the front page until BW answers our concerns.

You may have missed it but here is the email response to this issue that BW sent to me, Seems pretty much over in their eyes

Greetings %&/#"#¤,

I am Protocol Droid B6-J3 of Human-Cyborg Relations.

I have received your transmission regarding the game's scheduled maintenance.

As of now, we do not have any information if the scheduled maintenance will change. We would like you to know that the scheduled maintenance was not intentionally chosen to discriminate European players. We value all our customers, regardless of which country they are playing from. Rest assured that your feedback regarding this matter will be taken into consideration.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and for the delay in answering your ticket.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid B6-J3 aka #%&W/

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

You nullified your agruement with Rift..when population is small enough to fit only 1/2 of your servers that wouldnt be a problem.

So while their argument means it's entirely possible...you choose to ignore it, just because it involves Rift?

Why-to-go at proving you point there :rolleyes:

Who things that referring to CS reps as "Protocol Droid B6-J3 of Human-Cyborg Relations" backfires in a pretty big way? When you have problems the last thing you want is some 'droid' saying "sorry there is nothing we can do about it". It actually de humanifies the already lousy CS experience.

seeing as this, the continuation threads at over 70 pages now, I'd say this is an issue that needs addressing.

especially as i have tuesday off work this week.

Lucky you, you get to spend 8 hours doing the laundry, cleaning the house, bringing the kids to school, getting them back home, going through your taxes, doing groceries, going door to door to collect money for a good cause, help out the local sports club with their youth programs, mow the lawn, wash the windows, follow a course on how to survive during a possible climate disaster.

You just won't be playing TOR. Like me. Guess we'll both have a ton to do Tuesday...

Don't be passive about it.

I did it.

Some other people did it as well.

You can do it to.

If that won't make BW change their policy then they really do not deserve our money.

hahaha, of all the principled stands I've seen in my life this is perhaps the most foolish. I don't know the exact processes behind the server maintenance, but I suspect they do all the regions at once for technical and efficiency reasons. If you really can't go without swtor for a maximum of 6 hours (it's usually much shorter than this) than you SHOULD quit. Also OP, yes peak hours are defined as 6-11 at night, when there are a PEAK number of players. Man you could drown nations with the amount of pointless crying this community does.

hahaha, of all the principled stands I've seen in my life this is perhaps the most foolish. I don't know the exact processes behind the server maintenance, but I suspect they do all the regions at once for technical and efficiency reasons. If you really can't go without swtor for a maximum of 6 hours (it's usually much shorter than this) than you SHOULD quit. Also OP, yes peak hours are defined as 6-11 at night, when there are a PEAK number of players. Man you could drown nations with the amount of pointless crying this community does.

The Yanks would be doing the exact same had it been during the Merkan daytime, and you know it ;)

The Yanks would be doing the exact same had it been during the Merkan daytime, and you know it ;)

a few might.. but us Americans would treat them the same way we are treating you now... we are equal opportunity offenders.. and so would a lot of the EU players.. don't try that holier than thou crap

Edited by Liquidacid

Still BW haven't even ackowledged the problem.

Time is running out BW, 20th of January is VERY close and you are about to lose loads of customers.

They aren't going to answer, these are the times we are stuck with. They have answered every other difficult question posed since launch, this is the only one they haven't bothered with.

They aren't interested. It's a fingers up the the EU, so folks, you have to make a decision, either suck it up (yet still continue to complain), or unsub and leave this game and it's crappy attitude towards EU players.

Yes it's crap, but why should we be surprised? Just look at the way beta was handled for EU players. They have a track record here, and it isn't a good one.

Still BW haven't even ackowledged the problem.

Time is running out BW, 20th of January is VERY close and you are about to lose loads of customers.

WoW for years since launch have been doing their maintenance during the day time hours in the US, clearly they lost subscriptions for it :rolleyes:

Edited by Wolfeisberg

I am starting to think they are waiting to see if in fact subs are not renewed in a few days,

Well I am not resubbing till I am treated fairly by BW. Global companies actually are global and not just by word but by action. You want the Eu Euro but you do not want to respect and address our issues. I get the point and will take my Euro elsewhere

PS I am a YANK and I live in Eu and know if it were reversed you can bet your bottom Dollar/Euro there would be as many post if not more from NA side.

I have posted the response I got from BW when I mailed them asking about the time, they are not even considering changing it at this time

I plead to the EU players who are affected by this time slot. Put your EURO where your mouth is and do not resub. Let our lack of cash speak for us, then see if they listen

Yanks we are not asking for your cookies so please do not take this as an attack on you. IT IS NOT, it is BW that needs to see the glove does not fit

WoW for years since launch have been doing their maintenance during the day time hours in the US, clearly they lost subscriptions for it :rolleyes:

I played Wow since his European launch. And it had 1 month of US times downtimes.

From the second month on it has had got its EU downtimes at 3AM.

It's simple different continents = different Timezones = different Downtimes

It's a question of common sense, but Einstein said that the common sense is the lesser common of the senses.

Every MMO with European servers does his maintenance in Eu night times, everyone except this "piece of art".

At least my account will remain closed till someone do something about this problem

I've canceled my sub due to that and am not resubbing. I gave them enough time, they kept ignoring us so they won't get anymore of my money.

Hopefully more will follow - with that attitude they deserve nothing else than to just go bankrupt. Which is what I wish for them.

Lets hope people sticks it to the man now, and dont resub if they are unhappy with the current EU downtime. It is the only language EA/BW understands. 4 more days, 3 if you add tomorrows downtime into the mix.

I'm afraid alot of people might be hooked to much to quit yet. And even more doesn't really care much as it's their work time anyway, they ar only furious when they are back home and it's not up yet. I work mostly at evening, so it's one less day for me.