Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

So, yet another 9 AM to 3 PM maintenance schedule. Let's hope they're done as quickly as during the last offline time, but we'll see. I'm still giving BioWare till the start of February to come up with a decent alternative, and I will accept short daytime maintenance rosters (say, up to 3 or 4 hours).

Also, the least BioWare can do is acknowledge the complaints, I feel like I'm just posting here for the cat's behind...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not renewing until this is sorted out. If smaller companies can have separate patch times for US/EU, then there is no reason why EA cannot do this.

Pure laziness treating eu as a lower grade playerbase.

When you start treating us as equals, I'll start paying subs.

"Generally speaking we are aiming to limit our scheduled maintenance period to once a week, on Tuesdays. We are aiming for this weekly maintenance period to take place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players. We are also aiming to inform players of the precise duration of any weekly maintenance period at least 24 hours before the maintenance begins."

- if this where true there would be separate offline times for US/EU, not just for one geographical region.

You have identified the early hours of the morning as the time of least demand, so both regions should have this as their downtime.

US>EU doesn't matter. EQ2 has only 1 EU server Splitpaw and yet SOE has separate time frame for maintenance, including small patches (all SWTOR patches so far are small). Oh and SOE provides global service - 1 account for both EU and US servers.

Population doesn't matter. It's a matter of respect or, in this case, lack of it.

Also, the least BioWare can do is acknowledge the complaints, I feel like I'm just posting here for the cat's behind...

They did already. It was some political correct wall of yellow text which boiled down to "we don't care".

Frankly, i don't think another political correct wall of yellow text will help. They are delusional or stupid or both.

Edited by Alexx_T

This issue is the gamebreaker for me... 3 days in a row. But hey we can emote in taxi's now!

Blizzard began this way and changed to seperate patching I wonder why... all I know is Blizzard does nothing about anything unless it affects their revenue... The EU is a larger consumer market than the US. Not everyone in the EU works 9-5. Healthcare, police, fire, ambulance and many businesses run 24 hours and employees work shifts so to the smart alecs around here - just because ppl want to play during the day does not mean they need to get a job.

BW needs to wake up to this issue and the apalling state of it's CS. If they think they can afford to say FU to the EU they're so very wrong.

They did already. It was some political correct wall of yellow text which boiled down to "we don't care".

Frankly, i don't think another political correct wall of yellow text will help. They are delusional or stupid or both.

I know they posted that. I'm talking about a meaningful response.

Not renewing until this is sorted out. If smaller companies can have separate patch times for US/EU, then there is no reason why EA cannot do this.

Pure laziness treating eu as a lower grade playerbase.

When you start treating us as equals, I'll start paying subs.

Same here plus i will never buy again any ea games

I bought apb too so yep i am on fire

US>EU doesn't matter. EQ2 has only 1 EU server Splitpaw and yet SOE has separate time frame for maintenance, including small patches (all SWTOR patches so far are small). Oh and SOE provides global service - 1 account for both EU and US servers.

Population doesn't matter. It's a matter of respect or, in this case, lack of it.

Perhaps SOE has got a smaller player base in their games, but at least they care about them.

I'm unsubscribing at January 21, these guys are not going to use my money to do the US players experience more "confortable".

I'm not going to buy any BW game more, there are a lot of videogame companies aout there.

The same with any EA game.

Perhaps SOE has got a smaller player base in their games, but at least they care about them.

I'm unsubscribing at January 21, these guys are not going to use my money to do the US players experience more "confortable".

I'm not going to buy any BW game more, there are a lot of videogame companies aout there.

The same with any EA game.

But it's beyond sad that even SOE, notorious as the antichrist of MMOs, has separate maintenance schedules, and BioWare does not...

I really hope this idiots at BW who justify that insulting practice of ignoring anyone who lives outside of US, ignoring experience of some other companies,, like Blizzard and SOE, will be fired one day and NEVER will have any position in gaming industry.

Is anything going to be done about this? Where's an official response after 50 pages in this thread?!

Mods have closed this thread for exceeding max posts 2 times before already, and they still dont care.

/agree

Put European servers on a different maintenance schedule. Also, push the U.S. maintenance start time back 2 hours to 2am PST. Not everything has to revolve around EST, especially now since the demographic shift has been steadily moving west. BW-Austin and EA aren't even based on the east coast so concerns over employee working hours shouldn't be a revelant issue either.

I want to start saying i have not read all of the post in this thread and i do not intend too... and i doubt EA or BW are reading it, at least it does not seem like it`s the case.

I just want to give my support to all the European, american or who ever you are been punished by these "scheduled" or rushed maintenance.

Bioware have always been an game developer i highly respected for its work, so when Bioware or EA is so hesitant to even comment on this(and other) issues.

If there is going to be 2-3 maintenance a week you could do them all at at different hours of the day, so you don`t just hurt the same costumers over and over and over again...i believe at some point they will get there "fix" somewhere else, if you can`t give it to them.

And it`s sad to see that some costumers are almost being discriminated for not living in the right timezone.

When i pay for any products and when i discover it does not work or are not like advertised, it gets returned... not saying ill cancel my account just yet.. but for your sake address this issues and give us something... positive or negative the mob needs something...

ps. Bioware; you started out giving us a lot of information thou twitter,fb, forums and on other fronts... what happened?

one more thing; the patience you are thanking me for all of the time is almost run out.

(sorry for the bad grammar)

Still silence from BioWare. Clearly they are just going to ignore the issue and hope it goes away. I doubt that is going to happen. At some point it will need to be addressed properly. When AUS/NZ servers go live, what then? They can't keep the same maintenance schedule for all regions. If they give AUS/NZ their own schedule and not EU, it's going to kick off big time.

Still silence from BioWare. Clearly they are just going to ignore the issue and hope it goes away. I doubt that is going to happen. At some point it will need to be addressed properly. When AUS/NZ servers go live, what then? They can't keep the same maintenance schedule for all regions. If they give AUS/NZ their own schedule and not EU, it's going to kick off big time.

I realise I'm being very optimistic, but maybe at the Oceanic launch they'll introduce a new maintenance schedule for Europe and Oceania.

I realise I'm being very optimistic, but maybe at the Oceanic launch they'll introduce a new maintenance schedule for Europe and Oceania.

Possibly, though I'm not holding my breath that the AUS/NZ launch will even happen in March and will probably be pushed back to nearer the summer. If that is the case then it will be some months before we even get to see how they are going to handle it. In the meantime it will be a case of 'suck it up EU'.