The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying it's ideal, I'm saying that if this is the best we're going to get I'll take it over an 8 hour off-time.

once you accept a compromise it's just a matter of time before you accept more. and more. and more. and you end up accepting the current situation

once you accept a compromise it's just a matter of time before you accept more. and more. and more. and you end up accepting the current situation

You're right. I was on the verge of maybe accepting 4-hour maintenance cycles.

However, the next maintenance is once again planned to take place between 9 AM and 5 PM, so ignore whatever I said and please accept my offer of torches, pitchforks, a foul mood, and a vocabulary limited to mild profanity and calls for equality.

i'm starting to loose faith on getting an official reply to this problem :(

I got a reply to a email I sent in about scheduled maintenance and EU.

Greetings %&/#"#¤,

I am Protocol Droid B6-J3 of Human-Cyborg Relations.

I have received your transmission regarding the game's scheduled maintenance.

As of now, we do not have any information if the scheduled maintenance will change. We would like you to know that the scheduled maintenance was not intentionally chosen to discriminate European players. We value all our customers, regardless of which country they are playing from. Rest assured that your feedback regarding this matter will be taken into consideration.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and for the delay in answering your ticket.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid B6-J3 aka #%&W/

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

names taken out as they offer no purpose and are Private info

so should TV stations change the times they play primetime shows because a very tiny minority of the population work during normal prime time hours?

seriously, the maintenance is being done during off-peak times and only once a week... don't expect it to change because a tiny minority who work odd hours or are bums without jobs complain

oh and LOL @ the people who actually canceled over this... the community is better off without you

Well i thought NA kids cried hardest, but listening to you EU kids cry cry cry about this maintaince is sad.

Grow up, game goes down 1x a week for few hours **** side and get some sunlight you vampires.

This doesn't affect you your rock is that way-------------->

OMG how hard is it for you EU players to understand that the times chosen are when the LEAST amount of customers BOTH EU AND US are affected?!?!

It doesn't matter if you are a student, wealthy with no responsibilities, work nights etc etc. There are US customers that work nights so their "days" off are ones where they get up around 8pm then after doing what they need to do they sit down to play at around 11pm and they get bumped on the maintenance.

Right now there's 55 STANDARD population, 35 HEAVY and 1 VERY HEAVY EU servers. This is on a WEEKEND so at ~2:30 pm CET on a weekend there's less heavy servers. That means during the work week the numbers WILL be lower. So I'd say this just proves that during the day during the week IS a low population time for the EU.

OMG how hard is it for you EU players to understand that the times chosen are when the LEAST amount of customers BOTH EU AND US are affected?!?!

It doesn't matter if you are a student, wealthy with no responsibilities, work nights etc etc. There are US customers that work nights so their "days" off are ones where they get up around 8pm then after doing what they need to do they sit down to play at around 11pm and they get bumped on the maintenance.

Right now there's 55 STANDARD population, 35 HEAVY and 1 VERY HEAVY EU servers. This is on a WEEKEND so at ~2:30 pm CET on a weekend there's less heavy servers. That means during the work week the numbers WILL be lower. So I'd say this just proves that during the day during the week IS a low population time for the EU.

OMG how hard is for you Yanks to understand IT DOESN'T AFFECT YOU..get back under your rocks.

OMG how hard is for you Yanks to understand IT DOESN'T AFFECT YOU..get back under your rocks.

It does affect us get out from your rock.

Only 2 solutions to give EU its own maintaince...

1- leave all servers open, and seperate times, meaning when your under maintaince all your crackhead game-ahololics will roll alts and plug up our servers, and vica versa during NA maintaince.

2- Server locks, yes EU for EU IPs and NA for NA IPs, and GODS the QQ fest from EUs that have NA server alts will blow up the forums.

So it does affect us as we are all affected by maintaince and changes to the system as we all USE the SAME system.

Edit PS,

3- Relate to 2, with all EU characters locked on NA server this will only further plug up our ticket system so now instead of 3-7day wait im looking at 14-20days...yea..

Edited by KorbinArmand

Only 2 solutions to give EU its own maintaince...

1- leave all servers open, and seperate times, meaning when your under maintaince all your crackhead game-ahololics will roll alts and plug up our servers, and vica versa during NA maintaince.

2- Server locks, yes EU for EU IPs and NA for NA IPs, and GODS the QQ fest from EUs that have NA server alts will blow up the forums.

So it does affect us as we are all affected by maintaince and changes to the system as we all USE the SAME system.

What a crock of crap...you really think people are going to invade other servers when they would normally be sleeping anyway? get a ****** clue,you're just here to troll back to your rock.

What a crock of crap...you really think people are going to invade other servers when they would normally be sleeping anyway? get a ****** clue,you're just here to troll back to your rock.

Yes nobody works nightshifts? Or plays during most peoples sleeptime? when did you think that guy working at corner store midnight to 6am sleeps? and plays games?

so should TV stations change the times they play primetime shows because a very tiny minority of the population work during normal prime time hours?

A better analogy of this situation would be:

A TV Station is broadcasting on local channels in both Europe and the US, and they are offering both audiences the exact same programs. However their program schedule isn't 24 hours non-stop, it has an 8 hour break where there are no shows at all.

In the US this break is between 2AM and 10AM when the amount of viewers is at its absolute lowest. The Euro local channels have been told to broadcast the same programs at the precise time they are aired in the US. So in Central Europe the break with no programs is between 9AM and 5PM.

The TV station suddenly finds they're receiving a lot od complaints from their European viewers, because apparently a lot more people do occasionally watch TV in the afternoon than in the dead of night. When the TV station just shrug their shoulders and reply that they aren't purposely discriminating against their European viewers, many viewers find some other channel to tune into.

It is then that the TV station realizes that it is being offered only as a pay channel...

Edited by Amarinth

Only 2 solutions to give EU its own maintaince [sic]...

1- leave all servers open, and seperate [sic] times, meaning when your under maintaince [sic] all your crackhead game-ahololics [sic] will roll alts and plug up our servers, and vica versa during NA maintaince [sic].

So it does affect us as we are all affected by maintaince [sic] and changes to the system as we all USE the SAME system.

Edit PS,

3- Relate to 2, with all EU characters locked on NA server this will only further plug up our ticket system so now instead of 3-7day wait im [sic] looking at 14-20days...yea..

Mate Rift offers 2 separate maintenance times for EU and NA and both servers locations are open to all players. It does not cause huge problems for them and I doubt it would here. The whole idea of the off time is when most are not playing, so most would be sleeping/working or whatever else they have in life.

The small amount who might roll a char on NA servers during our down time, would only be a small part and offer more people to group with for various things in game.

Separate times does not take away from NA or EU it would only serve to help both sides, and offer down times for both in off peek times

[sic] indicated words I know are misspelled but are quoted as they were presented by the author

Mate Rift offers 2 separate maintenance times for EU and NA and both servers locations are open to all players. It does not cause huge problems for them and I doubt it would here. The whole idea of the off time is when most are not playing, so most would be sleeping/working or whatever else they have in life.

The small amount who might roll a char on NA servers during our down time, would only be a small part and offer more people to group with for various things in game.

Separate times does not take away from NA or EU it would only serve to help both sides, and offer down times for both in off peek times

[sic] indicated words I know are misspelled but are quoted as they were presented by the author

You nullified your agruement with Rift..when population is small enough to fit only 1/2 of your servers that wouldnt be a problem.

Maint time has always puzzled me. As a european ive maintly had to play US based mmorpgs one way or the other (those few that didnt IP block).

Anyways, The really good US based game usually had US based maint times. This actually gave the US playerbase a HUGE advantage over the european players. Why? The maint ending in the middel of US primetime ment that while the european players was fast asleep, the US players got first dips on a "fresh" reset server. The time it took the big US based guilds to run in and kill the epic bosses/loot was usually less than an hour. I played one game for more than 2 years while only having seen pictures of the main bosses.

Yes, swtor is different in so many way and thankfully we have both US and European servers. I havnt reached the endgame yet, so perhaps there is no advantage of being the first players on a server now (or in the future).

Anyways, personally im having no troubles with the current maint times, but i can totally understand if it a hindrance to other european players. I think we can all agree it is a freakishly long maint time but quite understandable especially at the beginning of a big game like this.

The really good US based game usually had US based maint times. This actually gave the US playerbase a HUGE advantage over the european players.

Which games are you talking about? Cause WoW has seperate maint.times and the US gets the new patches a day before Europe. And most often Europe gets the wold-first kills anyway.

Nobody is complaining in WoW about the "advantage" of the US.

All I ask for, as an european customer, is information regarding the future plans of SWTOR maintenance times. Will there be separate times for EU/US?

I can understand that there are more pressing issues at the moment, but if BW does plan to keep treating us europeans as second class customers I will not renew my subscription.

You can go ahead with all kinds of excuses for BW, but the fact remains that there are solutions to the problem - such as letting europeans patch earlier but lock eventual new content until the US maint is over as well.

As for the possible influx of players to other regions during maint times, I think we can all agree that a few hours of lag each week is better then an entire day of no access to the game.

I work and I study as a mature student. It's a pity my only day off, as in full day off, is Tuesday. I work weekends and I have uni lectures dusted across Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

I can understand and appreciate the level equality the team is offering us by releasing content and fixes at precisely the same time... but it's simply not working for many EU players. I doubt it will ever change and I won't flag a "unsubbing" flag in here. But it's... concerning.

This forum for instance should be split between NA and the EU. America should have their own boards, as should us EU members. Being crushed together leads to posts being lost in an ocean, sunk to page two or even four in a matter of minutes.

Does this show the development team's blatant disregard for customers that aren't American?

And bump, I won't let this go :)

Sadly I will be letting it go in a few days :( Can't be bothered logging in right now, just kind of winding down. Still we loose the best part of a whole day again on Tuesday ....hurrah. I'm becoming more and more inclined to do a credit cad charge back to be honest. The games availability is simply not satisfactory.