The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everybody!

We would like to remind you that posting off-topic is not permitted and we have cleaned this thread to comply with this. We encourage everyone to please post in a constructive matter that is on topic for the thread and the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ forums. Remember, if you have any questions feel free to contact us directly using the links in our signatures or uby reporting any questionable posts you may encounter.

Thank you for your understanding and please feel free to continue your discussion!

EPIC, we get a post and it is off topic and ofc nothing posted about the EU maintenance time

*smack the in the face* As I see it

We have time to read, remove and post but not on the real issue here (EU maintenance)

Not being off topic (I hope)....

I don't suppose we know when the rescheduled maint will be, do we?

I was planning to take tomorrow off and as a EU player this would affect me (see? ON topic, ha!) - because if the server's are going to be offline till 2pm or later, then I will need to rethink that.

Edited by Alithyra

It's a US company.

I'm sure this will change for you guys when they get the EU team going a little longer. Just give them some time.

I feel your pain though.

It doesn't matter that they are a US company. We are not US customers.

Here in the UK there are lots of successful US companies. They do pretty much all work to UK trade practices. They work to UK not US public holidays. They open during UK trading hours not US.

I mean, McDonalds is a US company. Are you suggesting they change their practices to serve breakfast only during US breakfast times?

I know it sounds silly - but that is the logical conclusion of your argument.

I am sorry to break it to Bioware as well but in the great big scheme of things your customers are more important than anything else. Without customers you have nothing.

It's a US company.

I'm sure this will change for you guys when they get the EU team going a little longer. Just give them some time.

I feel your pain though.

To be fair, if they actually posted here to say 'Guys, it's a new game, we haven't quite got our tech team in the EU on board yet, it's going to take another couple of months to do so, then you'll get maintenance at an agreeable time' most people would accept that.

The issue is, that apart from a post way back on the 27th December stating that it's off peak hours (even though the day they chose was a public holiday so clearly not off peak). BioWare are silent on the subject, which leads many of us to believe that they aren't willing to change it.

We understand that to all intents and purposes the daytime would be considered off peak, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not the time that inconveniences EU players the least. Maintenance is done through the night on most games for a reason.

I said this on the CS forums but it also applies here so I am going to add it..Food for thought for BW

I think one of the biggest mistakes BW is making is flat out ignoring players complaints. A simple post from (forum watcher/reporter) indicating they are aware and checking into things or an acknowledgement and possible eta on corrections or something would go a long way to settle the players minds and attitudes toward the BW team.

They should, I think, implement a forums person to report back hot topics in their staff meetings or forward info the the correct department. If you take out all the emotions you will find players are a great source to know what is wrong or not working in the game.

And there needs to be a person or department of accountability for CS workers, maybe a supervisor who weekly gets reports on feed back of Poorly handled tickets, or simply closed one and ofc reports on those who went the extra bit to help a player.

Maybe a survey sent with every ticket? And a sorter that would ID bad reports, great reports so CS would know they are accountable for the job they do.

To be fair, if they actually posted here to say 'Guys, it's a new game, we haven't quite got our tech team in the EU on board yet, it's going to take another couple of months to do so, then you'll get maintenance at an agreeable time' most people would accept that.

The issue is, that apart from a post way back on the 27th December stating that it's off peak hours (even though the day they chose was a public holiday so clearly not off peak). BioWare are silent on the subject, which leads many of us to believe that they aren't willing to change it.

We understand that to all intents and purposes the daytime would be considered off peak, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not the time that inconveniences EU players the least. Maintenance is done through the night on most games for a reason.

I'd be satisfied with any explanation to be honest, whether the answer is yes or no. It's the complete and total silence that baffles me and ticks me off...

Hurrah servers down again tomorrow.

I can not believe that BW do not understand that to maximise revenue they need to maximise availability of their servers to the majority of their paying customers.

I'm getting to the point where cancelling alone does not seem like a sufficient expression of my dis satisfaction. Maybe a CC chargeback.

Edited by GumBoil

Bump for today's maintenence.

The whole issue is bad enough but the silence is starting to really bug me... Shame because I do love the game... I wasn't bothered about not being able to emote in a taxi!! Why the high priority to fix that?

While this attitude of silence is I think complete arrogance towards a large portion (counting servers) of it's player base that's just astounding.

I for one would like to know before the 30 day free play ends what is planned (or not.. either way) for Europe in the future.

Bump for today's maintenence.

The whole issue is bad enough but the silence is starting to really bug me... Shame because I do love the game... I wasn't bothered about not being able to emote in a taxi!! Why the high priority to fix that?

While this attitude of silence is I think complete arrogance towards a large portion (counting servers) of it's player base that's just astounding.

I for one would like to know before the 30 day free play ends what is planned (or not.. either way) for Europe in the future.

Seems after what close to 2000 post they still are just ignoring us on this matter :( as if we do not matter or they cba.

I will say this, however, in all fairness:

If the compromise BioWare is implicitly suggesting, that future maintenance will take no more than 4 hours before Europe's afternoon (9 AM to 1PM, ish) then I could agree to that. But no more than 4 hours (even on major patch days). Of course it can be extended in extreme cases, poodoo happens, but if BioWare can guarantee they will do everything in their power to finish maintenance in under 4 hours, I can get on board with that.

It's not perfect, but it's better than being locked out the entire day.

No that's just not good enough, they would never dream of taking servers down at that time if they directly generated revenue (The EA store for example) why should it be any different for any other service. I am here to simply say that this will affect revenue as it it will result in cancellations it just remains to be seen how many. Look at the exit polls!

If the compromise BioWare is implicitly suggesting, that future maintenance will take no more than 4 hours before Europe's afternoon (9 AM to 1PM, ish) then I could agree to that. But no more than 4 hours (even on major patch days). Of course it can be extended in extreme cases, poodoo happens, but if BioWare can guarantee they will do everything in their power to finish maintenance in under 4 hours, I can get on board with that.

No. No compromises. Everyone has to be treated equally, or the point of this whole thread is null.

I don't see how that's a compromise tbh...

They can't guarantee anything and can never be sure how long maintenence will run or even overrun and it would appear judging by this week they can't even stick to which day... EU needs it's own patching schedule simple as.