Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

It wouldn't surprise me in fact, if they finish the maintenance a bit earlier, then pop in and say 'there there, wasn't so bad was it EU players, and by the way, we aren't changing the slot'.

Hah, same here.

I'm almost hoping maintenance gets extended right into EU primetime again. Just to prove our point: even if this is is an off-peak timeframe. The moment it's extended, it's not off-peak anymore. There's just no room for error with this current timeframe.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- While 13:00 up to 17:00 isn't Eu peak time it's clear that at night less people are online.

Another thing is that the Eu has more time zones just like the US, it would be nice every one is taking into account

http://www.torstatus.net/the-red-eclipse/24h/30d

well, from this graph i would say that the gaming prime-time is 13-23h (GMT0). so it collides with the maintenance time frame 8-16h. (and for GMT +1 and +2 it's much worse)

If they dont change european manteinance to be exactly at the same hour of the day as it is in USA we should BE PAYING 1 LESS DAY PER WEEK A MONTH . We CANT play during 1 day every week while USA people can.

+1

We are aiming for this weekly maintenance period to take place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players.

off-peak for US players, not the EU ones. i don't get it, why they wrote this and change nothing. (last maintenance was at exactly same time..)

Having bought the game only yesterday I wish I had waited until this was sorted out for EU time-zones.

I don't have extreme amounts of time to play and my schedule is unpredictable. Now all that's needed is the maintenance to take along with the same time frame as what WoW does - even if it is from 2-3am GMT until however long is deemed suitable (as it is I fail to see why 8 hours is required) during the daytime.

So I'm expected to lose out on what I've paid for because you cannot as a company provide services rendered.

Having bought the game only yesterday I wish I had waited until this was sorted out for EU time-zones.

I don't have extreme amounts of time to play and my schedule is unpredictable. Now all that's needed is the maintenance to take along with the same time frame as what WoW does - even if it is from 2-3am GMT until however long is deemed suitable (as it is I fail to see why 8 hours is required) during the daytime.

So I'm expected to lose out on what I've paid for because you cannot as a company provide services rendered.

So you have no idea when you can play, but still want Bioware/EA to cater to your schedule?

Eh?

This is terribly stinkin`...I have a day off tomorrow and (like the last week) i will be unable to play THE WHOLE DAY!

It's 10-18 time range , great ,and this is if its not extended ... so every week we lose 1 day...

Atleast i hope they fix few dozens of bugs if their engine ...

Hah, same here.

I'm almost hoping maintenance gets extended right into EU primetime again. Just to prove our point: even if this is is an off-peak timeframe. The moment it's extended, it's not off-peak anymore. There's just no room for error with this current timeframe.

well, 2-3 more hours of playtime.

maintenance coming

gosh darn it...

Edited by Urdnaxela

well, from this graph i would say that the gaming prime-time is 13-23h (GMT0). so it collides with the maintenance time frame 8-16h. (and for GMT +1 and +2 it's much worse)

+1

off-peak for US players, not the EU ones. i don't get it, why they wrote this and change nothing. (last maintenance was at exactly same time..)

yeah, i thought a lot about this too...

what does peak-hours mean? if you only take into account raiders then yes, peak hours start at around 20:00. If you take the majority of the playerbase, it really starts in the middle of the day.

i had the chance to play wow for some 6 months from morning 'till evening or so, sometimes even through the middle of the night. starting with 15:00 GMT+2 (my local time), so 13:00 GMT, there was a LOT of activity. dailies, dungeons, pvp and such.

true, raiders came on much later but frankly, after 22:00 there was really not that many around except raiders since normal casual people won't stay really late when they have to go to work the next they, do they?

this is why the ONLY off-peak period is during the MIDDLE OF THE FRIGGIN' NIGHT!

+1

by the way, use torstatus and take a look at the US graphs.

I could swear that the maintenance perfectly fits the graphs of activity of most US servers (it coincides with the least activity period)

So, any predictions how far the maintenance will be delayed today? Last week 2.5 hours (so the servers came up 20:30 local time, when I was happy to join the 40 minute queue), will they manage to be faster or slower this week? Tomorrow to work again in the morning, so the odds are not that good that I'd actually be able to play SWTOR today.

So, any predictions how far the maintenance will be delayed today? Last week 2.5 hours (so the servers came up 20:30 local time, when I was happy to join the 40 minute queue), will they manage to be faster or slower this week? Tomorrow to work again in the morning, so the odds are not that good that I'd actually be able to play SWTOR today.

No idea. They did start it two hours earlier this time so that will probably help. Last time it was 10-4 this time it's 8-4.

Nice to see they are still totally ignoring this thread...

Hello there, everyone! We have recreated this thread, as the previous discussion went over 1,000 posts. We wanted to take a moment and remind everyone of the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Please remember that users are allowed to disagree with one another - repeatedly telling others to "stay on topic" or stating you are ignoring them is not constructive or conducive to healthy discussion. We understand that sometimes subjects can get heated, but we do ask that everyone is respectful and polite to each other while giving their opinions. Here are some quick examples to keep in mind when posting.

• Never insult another community member.
  • Always discuss the topic and give constructive criticism.
  • If you feel someone is violates the Rules of Conduct, do not reply to them; simply report (flag) the post.
  • If someone is being a troll, don’t feed them. Simply do not reply and report (flag) the post.
  • Be respectful to all community members; while you may not agree with their opinion, you should not be rude to them.

Thanks for your understanding, and please enjoy your friendly discussion!

Are you kidding me you come with this !?!?!?!??!?!

Better have come with a comment of what your doing about the problem becouse YOU rly underestemate this problem.

Ppl are actualy quitting the game becouse of this!!!

well seeing as in the UK peak time starts at 18.00, at least thats when my phoneline starts peak time the 10-16.00 is off peak

BUT

why cant they time it that the servers go down in the EU during the night at what 4am EU time and 10pm US time

that to me would make it fairer

or even better have an EU team that takes the servers off line at midnight and back on again for 6am - 8 am if needed

Are you kidding me you come with this !?!?!?!??!?!

Better have come with a comment of what your doing about the problem becouse YOU rly underestemate this problem.

Ppl are actualy quitting the game becouse of this!!!

Something worth noting, SR hasn't even been tweeting recently, I wonder if he's not actually around at the moment. I know he made a post on here about the bans/suspensions, but in general he has been quiet.

The EU patch times are terrible. For Au/NZ timezone its in their prime time. What the **** have they been thinking.

o\ facepalm

Whilst I sympathise with NZ/AUS gamers, the game hasn't been released over there yet. It will be interesting to see what they do with maintenance when they get their own servers.