Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they arrange server downtime so that it doesn't inconvenience EU, it will inconvenience US players.

This is not difficult to understand. We are the larger market (US).

Move or get over it.

Edit: Maintenance windows are always coordinated affairs. They will never have a separate maintenance window for separate time zones, as they then run into the complication of different people playing different versions of the game. This is never acceptable, never has been, never will be.

think before you post. otherwise you might seem incredible stupid.

You're right about the 8 hour maintenance window being excessive. Oh, and about geography. I used Oceania as an example because its the second largest set of servers for that 'other' MMO.

You are dead wrong about everything else, sorry. I'm sure those old forum posts concerning how this went down on that "other" MMO are still available via Google. Use it.

I see this come up with every MMO launch I've been a part of, and there's always a group of Europeans or! in some cases Americans (depending on the MMO) who just "don't get it" and make a stink and try to Change The Way The World Works to suit them.

And I'm sorry you find it to be arrogance, but consider this:

You are complaining to an American company, who developed a game in America that is licensed to an American fiction, about not catering to European players. That, my friend, is true arrogance. And I suspect you would say the same if I were on European forums for a European game targeted at a European franchise complaining about something similar.

Funny, i thought even American Ferrari/Mercedes/BMW owners get service... for example. Pretty sure it's the same standards/quality as in Europe or... "the rest of the world" © US people.

Edited by Urdnaxela

At least 50% of those EU servers will be full after 6pm

There are also more servers in the US than EU did you factor that into your whine?

What does any of that have to do with the fact that the current maintenance times are NOT during the time when the LEAST EU players are online? That is the issue here. There are more convenient times to do maintenance for the MAJORITY of the EU player base.

Of course there are less players online between 8am and 6pm on a weekday than during peak periods, but there are even less players online between 2am and 10am, and it's no coincidence that US get their maintenance between those times in their time zone is it?

BioWare are NOT being fair.

I'm just going to say this before an American beats me to it.

It's one of the few silly responses I have not seem

' Why can't we just all have the same time :rolleyes:'

*giggles*

Preferably PST of EST i might add...

Edited by Urdnaxela

We all know one of them would have posted it.

Wonder how many subs it will cost them though.

I think the whole "screw you, Europe"-attitude alone won't cost them all that much, but combine it with people who are generally dissatisfied with the current state of the game and it can add up. I'd say BioWare has an enormous interest in staying friendly with as many players as possible. This attitude may be the last straw some folks need. I know I'm close to putting the game on hold for a while...

I think the whole "screw you, Europe"-attitude alone won't cost them all that much, but combine it with people who are generally dissatisfied with the current state of the game and it can add up. I'd say BioWare has an enormous interest in staying friendly with as many players as possible. This attitude may be the last straw some folks need. I know I'm close to putting the game on hold for a while...

You're not the only one, had some guilds logging of frustrated because of some game breaking bugs.

Their patches and general attitude doesn't add up, adding the 'screw the Eu' and well it might start biting bad.

I think a lot of people think 'it will change' once the first 2-3 months are over and things are the same people might looking for a better company.

Personally I rather support a good company with my money than one that says ' thank you for the money' and spits in my face.

It really looks like that they inteded to polish only major features of the game and ignored many "minor" features.

For example: They have tons of voice recorings for upcoming content, but they don't have a proper AH. Of course they know these issues, they just have low priority.

Of course they want to satisfy as many customers as possible. So two seperate maintenance times would be great, but there would be server-client issues because there has to exist more than one version of the server and client at the same time. It is a "minor" problem, so they choose the easiest solution - one maintenance time.

Rift has done this perfectly (no region lock AND seperate maintenance cycles). But I think it is extremly risky and costly to adapt the whole maintenance process. So it's unlikely that we will get our own maintenance times. ;)

Edited by GHeissi

Gah just posted a ticket in game about this didnt think to check the forums first :rolleyes: bit daft of me.

I'm quite amazed at all the American people who seem to think there has only ever been one server maintenance time across the board, but then again I should have gathered as a large portion of you never leave the country and seem to believe the world is the size of America and nothing else matters :\

I'm an EU player who primarily plays late at night, due to my IRREGULAR sleeping pattern, same applied when I played WoW for me it was a bit s*it the servers going down at 1am as that's when I played, but I know I'm not the norm and accept that it makes no sense for the servers to be down in mid day its stupid, aggravates a large player base and something every MMO before this has managed to overcome... just because you idiots in the US who think its always been this way don't realise it. It not the case.

Pull your finger out its about f**king time you gave us a damned response on this matter.

*and let me just use an american spell check for you ignorant......

Still nothing in this thread, nothing on twitter, nothing on the dev tracker. Just...nothing...

It's not surprising, they will ignore it for as long as they can, then they'll come in and make excuses and a lot of blah blah blah.

It's probably better they say nothing, because if and when they do say something, the temperature in this thread, is going to rise a little bit more...

It wouldn't surprise me in fact, if they finish the maintenance a bit earlier, then pop in and say 'there there, wasn't so bad was it EU players, and by the way, we aren't changing the slot'.

Edited by Mandrax

What does any of that have to do with the fact that the current maintenance times are NOT during the time when the LEAST EU players are online? That is the issue here. There are more convenient times to do maintenance for the MAJORITY of the EU player base.

Of course there are less players online between 8am and 6pm on a weekday than during peak periods, but there are even less players online between 2am and 10am, and it's no coincidence that US get their maintenance between those times in their time zone is it?

BioWare are NOT being fair.

The underlined is annoying but true imo.

Surely this will be addressed at some point in the future. Every single tuesday from now on will have the same response on the forums (more so those times when maintenance drags on into prime time for EU).

My prediction is that it will be 'fixed' sometime in January (2012 :))

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Made my own topic that explains it a bit better for most people but it just gets drowned on these forums with so much spam.

Will just copy it here.

The EU maintenance.

Few topics have come up where people from Europe voiced their concern about the maintenance times.

To make it clear the maintenance are from.

10:00 up to 16:00 GMT

11:00 up to 17:00 GMT +1

12:00 up to 18:00 GMT +2

13:00 up to 19:00 GMT +3

Most countries in Europe use GMT +1 and GMT +2, only a minority actually has their maintenance up to 16:00 with the Russians being well being less fortunate with GMT +3.

It's not uncommon that new mmo's have an extended maintenance, things can go wrong.

Last time it resulted with the servers being down up to 20:00 GMT +1.

Simply put if anything goes wrong we're having the maintenance right in our peak time (though you could argue 18:00 is peak time already)

Just like the Americans , Europeans have the least people online around night/early morning.

For the majority this is the most beneficial down time, hence why Bioware plans it like that for the US.

Basically separate the US maintenance from the European one one.

It's as simple as that, this will be a nice wink to the Eu player base.

It's good customer service and well I am pretty sure most Eu players will be happy.

Through the other topics I noticed some miss conceptions, some trolls and others well don't get it.

Just to flush it out

- Americans will not be affected by this, people from the Eu sleep during your maintenance they are not going to get out of bed to flood your server.

- The servers are in Ireland, I am not sure if they have a team here but I am pretty sure this is doable.

- While 13:00 up to 17:00 isn't Eu peak time it's clear that at night less people are online.

Another thing is that the Eu has more time zones just like the US, it would be nice every one is taking into account

- For the non Americans who are against it, well I honestly don't see why you are against better customer service.

- I am aware not every one minds these times in Europe just like not all US customers would mind it if the servers would be down during their peak times.

How ever keep in mind a lot of people do mind this and Bioware clearly showed that they know which times are nice.

Blizzard and Rift also have shown that the Eu maintenance can be done.

-Some people might bring up the competitive PVE scene, well I wouldn't adjust my maintenance for them.

Besides it doesn't really exists here, not like in other mmo's at least.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

The underlined is annoying but true imo.

Surely this will be addressed at some point in the future. Every single tuesday from now on will have the same response on the forums (more so those times when maintenance drags on into prime time for EU).

My prediction is that it will be 'fixed' sometime in January (2012 :))

My prediction is that they will tell us to suck it up.

"We are aiming for this weekly maintenance period to take place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players."

So why if the manteinance will take place in an off-peak , USA players will be sleeping during it while european players will have only 5 or 6 hours to play tomorrow ?

EUROPE HAS HIS SERVERS AND SHOULD HAVE A DIFFERENT SHEDULE!!!!

Edited by kamhul

I predict people getting fed up with their attitude in general and quiting along with Bioware getting a negative name amongst the MMO communities.

I think that it could be just another thing that annoys somebody enough to leave. Personally I'm staying, I like the game, I enjoy the game. Doesn't mean I'm going to tow the line like a good little doggie. I'm gonna continue to make some noise...