Why they stopped at 2PM

pblenis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's fine for them to stop at 2, but the servers are largely empty now. Maybe running 5 waves through 2pm and then starting up waves at 7pm until 1am would have been doable. Right now some servers have <400 Empire players active. Seems odd.

I guess we have to wait and see what the logic of all this is.

Edited by Xyrloc

I think it's fine for them to stop at 2, but the servers are largely empty now. Maybe running 5 waves through 2pm and then starting up waves at 7pm until 1am would have been doable. Right now some servers have <400 Empire players active. Seems odd.

I guess we have to wait and see what the logic of all this is.

I would hope they are going to take that into consideration. And where are you getting those numbers. Are you in EA and posting on the forums. How dare you sir:D

No way like people have lives and jobs? LOL, I agree people QQ over not getting in should really chill out. It's a game.

I really wanted to play today though since I'll be out of town thurs-sat. So if I do get in I def won't have a comp. to play on it, since i use a desktop for gaming.

Considering this 'mad rush' you stated as fact never really caused any significant server population growth. I would say your point is mute.

The server window IN THE GAME has had low to medium pops all day, and those were artificially set low to begin with. The Servers can accommodate much more people.

However Bioware ended it 'early' which pissed a lot of folks off.

The beta stress test held more players and went off without a hitch!

Edited by Liberate

BECAUSE PEOPLE GET OFF WORK AT 5 AND 90% OF THOSE WHO GOT EMAIL DIDN"T LOG ON TILL THEN.

Bioware actually used their head and not their NERD BRAIN

God in heaven stop with the QQing already.

Or keep inviting and bump the server cap at 5? Maybe make your fanbase happy, since noone has technically paid yet?!!?!?!

I guess my confusion with not allowing new players in at night is that it becomes difficult to find people to play with as the night goes on (and assuming you're not rushing). People I know are avoiding things because they don't have enough players available. I'm also seeing very low populated areas in game.

If the argument is to stagger people for hardware or to stagger people to prevent zones from being bottlenecks, then it doesn't make sense to not have nightly waves.

I mean, the servers are very light currently and if you don't get players in quickly enough, the servers will be a greater bottleneck at launch.

Who knows :) I guess we'll see tomorrow what happens. Time to level up!

Edited by Xyrloc

Aww, look who joined in Nov. 2011...so cute...how much do you really think your opinion is worth here? lol

Their opinion is worth the same as yours, period.

These forums really need wave of warnings. You can't say one negative thing about the game that you're upset about without the stockholm syndrome super-fans jumping down your throat.

wow.. someone insults YOU about your start date. Then you insult the person who sticks up for you. Internet forums truly have become worthless.

My apologies. Heh I actually read the quote instead of what you wrote. Thought I was responding to the other guy. It is has been a long day of forum watching!

Not a shot? You don't think the vast majority of EA people are working adults? Heck even kids had school today.

Not 90%...and "working people" can take off work... vacation, call in sick...90% isnt close and look at the server status.. nothing is full atm

For all my praise it does seem they did not invite nearly enough people today. Last I checked there was 1 full server and the rest were medium or light. Needless to say a lot more people could be playing right now.

Why do so many people fail to grasp that having a full server population in 6-8 zones would be a bad thing, and cause the exact instability they are trying to avoid?

It's not a question of if the servers are full, it's a question of population density by zone.

BECAUSE PEOPLE GET OFF WORK AT 5 AND 90% OF THOSE WHO GOT EMAIL DIDN"T LOG ON TILL THEN.

Bioware actually used their head and not their NERD BRAIN

God in heaven stop with the QQing already.

you should never make up percentages, ever. it's a great way of letting people know not to believe you, with what you are talking about now, or what you are ever going to talk about.

if you state a percentage it should be an exact fact. fact-

at least put "I would say apx. x%"

I don't even care what you were trying to say, that's what your % did, and will do to many other intelligent people you interact with.

take this information with you and apply it, you're welcome.

Why do so many people fail to grasp that having a full server population in 6-8 zones would be a bad thing, and cause the exact instability they are trying to avoid?

It's not a question of if the servers are full, it's a question of population density by zone.

Right my friend playing at prime time (8PM EST) had 63 other players with him in the starting zone. 63, I repeat in case you missed it... freakin 63.

There is no high density in this game, it uses a shard system that will create another copy of the high density zone when reaching capacity.

There are NO excuses to have Low servers at prime time beside the fact that they SCREWED UP and the stress test was not enough for them.

My apologies. Heh I actually read the quote instead of what you wrote. Thought I was responding to the other guy. It is has been a long day of forum watching!

All is good :) your comment made so little sense to me I have to accept this explanation hehehe