Wishing Doc Had Been Voiced by Bruce Campbell.

Gabbysaurus

Has anyone else noticed just how much of an attempt at emulating Bruce that Doc is?

Visually, he is a near-exact replication of Autolycus: The King of Thieves, Bruce's character from the Hercules and Xena series. Even the silly villain goatee!

The writers tried very hard to use Bruce-style cheesy pick up lines and smart-alec one-liners, which (sadly) do not seem to work without Bruce's delivery.

Does anyone else think he's a blatant attempt at Bruce's style, and would have been a much better character had BC been hired to read his lines? No disrespect to his actual voice actor, as the guy did a great job, but I can't stop looking at the character as a complete replication, minus the epic delivery that makes Bruce Campbell's stuff so good (or bad if you're one of the people who can't stand him. XD).

my guess? they probably asked him but he declined because Star Wars is way too main stream for him. Now if there was ever a Mchales Navy online MMO i'm sure he'd be down to do it.

He probably wanted to do Burn Notice as a half cyborg topless robot , but they wouldn't let him.

In french, you know who they took to voice him ?

ANAKIN's voice actor.

Seriously. I don't see how they could went with "oh, let's take the voice actor of the main hero from the recent movies, nobody will be able to tell". Well, try again.

• 9 months later...