Why are people telling me to give this game more time?

Skern

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the death of an MMO goes in stages

Stage 1: "BUT IT STILL IN BETA!"

Stage 2: "BUT IT JUST RELEASED"

Stage 3: "BUT THEY'LL PATCH IT"

People making up excuses are just trying to cover for Bioware. It really is pretty sad. The free market is supposed to work like this:

-People don't like a product

-Stop buying

-Company sees the feedback, sales, and acts on it to make a better product

The gaming word works like this

-People don't like a product

-"GET OUT TROLL, GO BACK TO WOW"

-Nothing changes

-MMO dies

Then please state game that has been released perfectly, with no bugs, glitches and has all the content in the world.

Oh wait, you can't. God forbid any company releases a game that can easily be fixed with multiple patches in the future.

Patience is OP.

Saying they will patch things isn't an excuse, it is fact.

And yes, if you can't deal with the bugs, go play something else, it is that easy.

Oh right, so it was your post after all. Well, you yourself were talking about how great Rift handles 200+ players bug free in the same small area, and I was directly replying to that if you read my post. They developed the game from ground up to facilitate that. That's where they put all of their polish work and iteration. It wasn't an equal priority with TOR and you need to stop assuming the two had equal resource allocation.

My point was that different MMOs have different focuses and they allocate development resources according to that. Rift was much more limited in scope than TOR is and focused on the combat and rift elements as opposed to story and immersion.

By narrowing it down they were able to provide a much more polished and focused experience. By giving less possibilities to deviate from the intended gameplay path and less variables you effectively limit the number of situations where bugs can arise.

Rift was very bare-bones in a lot of areas that didn't directly involve combat gameplay.

Funny SWTOR is very bare-bones in everything that has to do with a MMORPG being a MMORPG but very strong in story telling which any normal RPG can do..

Edited by Manakar

I think it's pretty hilarious that people actually defend this.

'Give it time' That's what people said a year ago on the beta when people voiced their opinion about a customizable UI/High res textures/Combat log/Game breaking bugs.

People should get this into their skull these things have been brought up long before release.

The it's beta, or on release it will be fixed excuse isn't going to fly anymore.

Neither is 'give it time' when Bioware states eumh no ETA guys.

Even now Bioware answers ' No Eta when these awesome (standard) features will be patched'

It's incompetence beyond believe.

You can expect for 55 Euro and a 15 Euro sub to get a game with these features.

Truth is they have barley started on most of these features and it might take another month before they add a combat log.

They just released a beta version for a cash grab no more no less.

EU customer support shows also what their intentions are.

Horrible server location poor maintenance times they had no intention of making a long lasting game.

Pretty sure the give it more time will be 'next expansion Bioware will introduce a combatlog'.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

'Give it time' That's what people said a year ago on the beta when people voiced their opinion about a customizable UI/High res textures/Combat log/Game breaking bugs.

People should get this into their skull these things have been brought up long before release.

The it's beta, or on release it will be fixed excuse isn't going to fly anymore.

Even now Bioware answers ' No Eta when these awesome (standard) features will be patched'

Truth is they have barley started on most of these features and it might take another month before they add a combat log.

Horrible server location poor maintenance times they had no intention of making a long lasting game.

Pretty sure the give it more time will be 'next expansion Bioware will introduce a combatlog'.

Give it time.

If i were the CEO of the company, and I had came to you and said:

"Joe, this game is 99% DONE. We have a small amount of relatively minor bugs still to squash but it is VERY fun to play, and nearly stable. We estimate that it will take us at least 5 more months of internal testing to get it perfect. Or we could release it now in near perfect condition and use the data from millions of subscribers to help squash these bugs. In the end, we'll be done in half the time and you'll get to play the nearly finished produck 6 months earlier, what would you rather we did"

Do you really expect ANYONE on these or any other forums to believe that you would have told us to wait? When you play an MMO at launch, you know(or should if you aren't retarded) that every MMO in history is released as soon as possible and that they are never quite done. Therefore by buying it week one you are agreeing to deal with these bugs until they are gone. It's that simple now stop whining and go play WoW it's virtually bug free.

This. According to sources on the net and not sure how true it is the game cost over a 100 million dollars. At some point they need to start recouping that so that they can fund more development etc. There are some things that irritate the hell out of me in the game. But I understand why they released when they did. The stuf will be fixed patience is required. If you don't like it come back later. Then u have the product you bought finished to ur Liking. .

Edited by Distronium

Such as?

Such as every MMO feature in the game has been done before and has been done better by other devs.. The UI for example is very bare-bones when it comes to standards in modern day MMORPGs.. Every single feature other than the class story telling is meh and has been done before (but better).. Even the voice acting thing has been done by EQII...

This thing went into beta in June, not a year ago. Now you are just making stuff up. If you don't like it, feel free to leave. This game has been in development since November 2008 and is the most expensive computer game ever made. So, yeah, they want to start making some money from it. Oh, don't forget all of the gamers that were clamoring for its release and complaining about having to wait so long. I'd like to see you manage the development of a a fully voice acted MMO with the kind of expectations that come along with the Star Wars name. If you don't like it, feel free to leave and never come back.

Such as every MMO feature in the game has been done before and has been done better by other devs.. The UI for example is very bare-bones when it comes to standards in modern day MMORPGs.. Every single feature other than the class story telling is meh and has been done before (but better).. Even the voice acting thing has been done by EQII...

First off, they said they are going to be working on the UI. Either you believe them, or you don't. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. As to the features that are "meh", care to elaborate?

Voice acting in EQ2...you mean the whole 2% of the game that it applies to? It was done in AoC, too. For the first 20 levels.

First off, they said they are going to be working on the UI. Either you believe them, or you don't. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. As to the features that are "meh", care to elaborate?

Voice acting in EQ2...you mean the whole 2% of the game that it applies to? It was done in AoC, too. For the first 20 levels.

name any MMO feature you want and I will show you how its bare-bones compared to other MMORPGs.. I am not going to keep listing features until you are satisfied. I gave you an example and all you did was make excuses for it...

name any MMO feature you want and I will show you how its bare-bones compared to other MMORPGs.. I am not going to keep listing features until you are satisfied. I gave you an example and all you did was make excuses for it...

I didn't make excuses for it. I said they are aware that the UI is lacking and they are working on it. That's not an excuse for anything.

Here you go. Group content. Tell me how it is lacking. Go.

This thing went into beta in June, not a year ago. Now you are just making stuff up. If you don't like it, feel free to leave. This game has been in development since November 2008 and is the most expensive computer game ever made. So, yeah, they want to start making some money from it. Oh, don't forget all of the gamers that were clamoring for its release and complaining about having to wait so long. I'd like to see you manage the development of a a fully voice acted MMO with the kind of expectations that come along with the Star Wars name. If you don't like it, feel free to leave and never come back.

Alpha/closed beta have been way before, don't fool your self.

The public one was later and these issues have been brought up long before.

As you said it's the most expensive game ever made yet for a MMO it lacks basic features that other MMO's with a quarter of the budget managed to put in game.

-Customizable

- Uses an horrible engine

-Combat log

-Chat bubbles

- High resolution pack

-Tons of game breaking bugs

- Proper EU maintenance times +server location

But hey at least it's fully voice acted and has space combat.

Do I know how to program games better, no I don't.

Can I point out the obvious stupid mistakes a company with so much money should not make after a marker research, sure.

We all know how well EA handled Warhammer.

If i were the CEO of the company, and I had came to you and said:

"Joe, this game is 99% DONE. We have a small amount of relatively minor bugs still to squash but it is VERY fun to play, and nearly stable. We estimate that it will take us at least 5 more months of internal testing to get it perfect. Or we could release it now in near perfect condition and use the data from millions of subscribers to help squash these bugs. In the end, we'll be done in half the time and you'll get to play the nearly finished produck 6 months earlier, what would you rather we did"

Do you really expect ANYONE on these or any other forums to believe that you would have told us to wait? When you play an MMO at launch, you know(or should if you aren't retarded) that every MMO in history is released as soon as possible and that they are never quite done. Therefore by buying it week one you are agreeing to deal with these bugs until they are gone. It's that simple now stop whining and go play WoW it's virtually bug free.

So the marketing clearly stated that the game was really bugged. You can read on the box in fine print.... This game is riddled with bugs and you agree to pay a monthly fee and deal with it. Also if your unlucky enough to have severe lag issues. If it prevents you from playing just keep subscribing we will address in the near future.

I didn't make excuses for it. I said they are aware that the UI is lacking and they are working on it. That's not an excuse for anything.

Here you go. Group content. Tell me how it is lacking. Go.

Hmm 4 man tank and spank content until you change the difficulty.. Where you can use pets in the place of real people and it doesnt even matter.. Yeah other MMORPGs have done it better.. No real tactics or startegy needed until you put it on harder difficulty.. 4 man and 16man raids is dumbed down to the norm.. And its even easier than other EZmode MMORPGs.. Its barebones with no real thought put into it.. They put no though into the clases themselves. Its the holy trinity with tanks, healers, and DPS.. its standard MMO group content.. They didnt try anything new.. its bare-bones...

I understand the idea of giving a game more time. I don't understand the idea that you have to stay subscribed to a game while you give it more time.

exactly,

They can have as much timee as they like. But they ain't getting any more money from me until the game is actually worth playing.

Hmm 4 man tank and spank content

Have you done any flashpoints past the first one? Seriously? The end boss of Hammer is a tank and spank? Right. The end boss of Athiss is a tank and spank? Right. The end boss of Mandalorian Raiders is a tank and spank? Sure. The end boss of Cadamimu is a tank and spank? Sure is.

/sarcasm

I think you can see where this is going.

You might get away with using one companion in a flashpoint at level, MAYBE, but you aren't going to 2-man a flashpoint at level, sorry. Unless you're talking about Esseles/Black Talon, in which case it was DESIGNED to be that way.

Edited by princey

No rage or anything like that.

Just cancelled my subscription, this is of no real interest to the people who enjoy this game.

Little more then a message to the "mad" players.

Don't get mad, get even.

Its totally fine to not like this game, don't rant, don't troll just cancel your sub and be done with it.

Edited by sepherath

Alpha/closed beta have been way before, don't fool your self.

The public one was later and these issues have been brought up long before.

As you said it's the most expensive game ever made yet for a MMO it lacks basic features that other MMO's with a quarter of the budget managed to put in game.

-Customizable

- Uses an horrible engine

-Combat log

-Chat bubbles

- High resolution pack

-Tons of game breaking bugs

- Proper EU maintenance times +server location

But hey at least it's fully voice acted and has space combat.

Do I know how to program games better, no I don't.

Can I point out the obvious stupid mistakes a company with so much money should not make after a marker research, sure.

We all know how well EA handled Warhammer.

1st of all people need to learn what publishers actually do because you don't have ANY idea. They are not developers, I know I used to work for a major publisher.

I've had no game breaking bugs and I'm 35.

UI mods are nice but it's hardly game breaking.

Chat bubbles are obnoxious. They belong in the cutesy anime rpgs but not here.

I'll take some higher resolutions but the game does look nice.

Engine is fine, upgrade your computer.

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude comments