Cancel your subscription if your unhappy with PVP

ShadowKastar

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is far more "polished" than either of those titles upon their respective releases. If you can't see that, you've got blinders on. Secondly, a sweeping generalization of a large group that is categorically making that name for themselves =/= ad hominem approaches like you did.

No wonder no one that matters pays attention to your gripes. You're more interested in slinging mud and arguing than actually making constructive criticisms and building on what's already available.

Ah another scathing retort, if you call this PvP as polished as early WoW then I suggest you get your memory looked at. This is NO better than World of Warcraft circa 2004, infact WoW had much better PvP in terms of fluidity and responsiveness. BioWare had time to learn from other's mistakes and glean what they could off of successful elements from other MMOs. That they didn't just shows incompetence.

Unfortunatly with your second paragraph your ineptitude at stringing together a coherent point of view is blatent, if you can't express your opinions (even if vastly flawed and un-founded) without throwing your toys from your pram then I will not bother wasting more time on you.

Perhaps if you spent more time expressing your opinion, backing up said opinion with both logic and reference rather than insulting people perhaps others will take you seriously.

Till then, turrah.

(I wont be reading replies!)

Edited by Connection

I don't want to rush to lvl 50

I do want to play pvp warzones on a fair ground.

Yes I bought this game because it's advertised both.

And yes I might stop paying it because I don't get what I paid for.

If I'd want to pvp only while rushing pve/rpg content I'd play Battlefield or COD.

I think that the future of MMO is to propose both PvE and Open PvP content of good quality.

-A. If you are a PvE fan boy, and your weekly raid is done waiting for a reset of the instances, then you might enjoy some Open PvP content.

-B. If you are a PvE fan boy, and you've completed all the PvE HL instances of the game and therefore you are waiting for new instances to be released, then you might enjoy some Open PvP content.

-C. If you are a PvP fan boy, then you surely expect top level quality Open PvP content.

-D. If you are a casual gamer, then you will surely enjoy having the possibility to play both in PvE and in Open PvP.

In short, having a high quality Open PvP content in a game is always a mean to offer the players something pleasant to do.

And I'm pretty sure that a PvE-only MMO, or a PvP-only MMO won't attract as many people as an MMO that offers both. There is an opportunity for SWToR to be that MMO, and I hope it will.

Edited by Trimsic

Ah another scathing retort, if you call this PvP as polished as early WoW then I suggest you get your memory looked at. This is NO better than World of Warcraft circa 2004, infact WoW had much better PvP in terms of fluidity and responsiveness. BioWare had time to learn from other's mistakes and glean what they could off of successful elements from other MMOs. That they didn't just shows incompetence.

(I wont be reading replies!)

As you recall, WoW didn't have a single battleground, organized arena tournaments, open world objectives, honor system, or anything specific to PVP upon its release. All those things came later. The only PVP it had was when you came across others in the world and could kill them for no rewards other than bragging rights. I think that Bioware at least learned something...

As for me this is another BIOWARE RPG ... but with some Online Elements ... nice try ...

my mate END this game 16 days with BH ...

He is lvl 50 and bored )))

I have many below lvl 30 classes ...

PvP ... this is ****** ))) It's a joke about PvP ...

Space combat ... who played more then a few missions ??? *** Bored

Craft system ... nice try ... but try to not get annoyed of it ...

SW.ToR - very good (quest focused) Role Playing game in the universe of Star Wars ... its amazing game compared to all other BIOWARE games (TY Mr.Lucas).

Compared to all others MMORPG games ... good ... but ...

I played WoW 5 (FIVE OMG YEARS) and it was fun ... most of the time ...

I'm still playing EvE Online - 6 years .. still fun ...

I love this game for now .. but i really dont think i gonna subscribe more then few month ...

I wish Good Luck to Devs )))

P.S.

To all Star Wars fans .. do not comment ... ))) Game is cool but its like all Bioware products ... always have "The End".

New mmo XXXXXX isnt what I expected, it's not absolutely perfect to my exact tastes and changes arn't made instantly so I am quitting and telling everyone else what a baby I am.

Ok back to reality where it takes time for a mmo to form and abandoning it does nothing to help but keep wishing games fit your exact standard; I guarantee you will never find what you want.

Edited by samtc

As you recall, WoW didn't have a single battleground, organized arena tournaments, open world objectives, honor system, or anything specific to PVP upon its release. All those things came later. The only PVP it had was when you came across others in the world and could kill them for no rewards other than bragging rights. I think that Bioware at least learned something...

He obviously came in post BC era, although from his tone I'm guessing WoTLk. Funny that he passes his opinion as fact without even truly knowing what he's talking about. I also LOVE the "you're not playing by my rules, so I'm taking my ball and going home" bit at the end. He's doing wonders dispelling the spoiled brat image.

SWToR is a PvE-only game?

This is new to me. Where did you get this statement from?

Where do you get THAT statement from, where did I say it was only a PvE game? Oh that's right I didn't. Though considering the game is 90% or more PvE based, it's clearly a PvE game with PvP thrown in to appeal to more people. Just like most MMOs out there PvP is an afterthought.

You want PvP, there are plenty of games out there that offer plenty of competitive ****-fighting. Go play those and come back when this one has more to offer PvP wise. I will say though, this is a story based game and the PvP content will never have more weighting than the PvE content, so gtf over it already. Cancel your sub and don't come back to the forums to bog it down with more whining and senseless rhetoric.

I've PvP'ed as early as 10 off and on all the way through to 50 on my BH for the daily as a break from quests and have enjoyed it very much (a few tweaks can go a long way with CC adjustments and improved UI). Only trolls have kneejerk reactions like this and feel the need to rant about it on the forums.

Cancel or don't, but your "subscription" strike is childish at best. Bioware invested the majority of their initial development efforts on the story,questing, and PvE content in the game and haven't boasted otherwise. If you're not willing to be patient for even a single month from launch before you troll and quit, then please go elsewhere.

For those of you that truly played the close beta from early on know how far the game has come and the quality job Bioware is doing for it's community.

He obviously came in post BC era, although from his tone I'm guessing WoTLk. Funny that he passes his opinion as fact without even truly knowing what he's talking about. I also LOVE the "you're not playing by my rules, so I'm taking my ball and going home" bit at the end. He's doing wonders dispelling the spoiled brat image.

Agree, clearly he wasn't there at the beginning. Too bad he won't be reading replies so I could as for his stuff.

Agree, clearly he wasn't there at the beginning. Too bad he won't be reading replies so I could as for his stuff.

The fact that he clearly ignores that the 3 core WoW BG's of AV, WSG, and AB have been reworked COUNTLESS times over 7 years because of balance issues tells anyone reading his responses that he has no fecking clue what he's talking about.

Throw in the THOUSANDS of class balance changes over the years and one can easily distinguish that WoW PvP isn't nearly as "polished" as he see's it through his rose-tinted glasses.

Where do you get THAT statement from, where did I say it was only a PvE game? Oh that's right I didn't. Though considering the game is 90% or more PvE based, it's clearly a PvE game with PvP thrown in to appeal to more people. Just like most MMOs out there PvP is an afterthought.

You want PvP, there are plenty of games out there that offer plenty of competitive ****-fighting. Go play those and come back when this one has more to offer PvP wise. I will say though, this is a story based game and the PvP content will never have more weighting than the PvE content, so gtf over it already. Cancel your sub and don't come back to the forums to bog it down with more whining and senseless rhetoric.

If people were actually doing what you suggest, i.e. cancel their sub just right now because currently the Open PvP sucks, then about 50% of the gamers will just quit this game :)

Apparently, you're not seeing the point. When a company claims to have open PvP content in its game, and moreover when it claims to have the best PvP developer team on the planet ever, then we can expect to have top-level-quality Open PvP. And the facts are we don't have that PvP at this moment. On the contrary, we have the feeling that this game was released while it was not finished.

Well, it's still time for BW to react, but they must react before it's too late. People who cancel their sub rarely come back in the game afterwards.

Once again, I wish the best to this game and to BW.

Most of the people crying right now for brackets will cry later because they wont have anything worthy later to use their cap level gear on, except for other 50s with equal gears.

These people will then cry about how world pvp is dead because they will miss the good old days where they could use this very gear on weaker players.

As for those weaker players complaining about 50s, this is complete BS.

Im level 25, sure its hard (impossible... maybe...) to defeat an entire 50s team when you get none on your side, but come on, how many times does it happen... ?

Just admit the fact that you are weaker and deal with it, later on you will be on the stronger side of the wheel.

Honestly, this massive QQ thread is all about whining weaklings who can't realize they are playing a freaking multiplayer game.

All you want is victory, and even more, SOLO victory. You want to be better than everyone.

You can't realize team work wins warzones, no matter your 10 medlas farming lowbies while the opponent team scores 6 points.

You lose against coordination and effective teamwork, wise use of different classes abilities, and you stay stucked inside your whinning spiral because no, jumping alone against five foes won't do you any good.

I sincerely hope Bioware will keep brackets as they are, because not winning every time doesn't mean you don't get to learn things. And i for one, am way more mad at headless chickens running around without any kind of game reading nor any team work capabilities.

Doesn't mean nothing has to be tweaked.

But grow up, and, well, learn to *********** learn.

Well, it's still time for BW to react, but they must react before it's too late. People who cancel their sub rarely come back in the game afterwards.

I cancelled and returned to WoW more times then I can count and I know many many others that have as well. People do return to games that they cancelled at a later time.

I am sick of the "warzones" they means slaughter houses..... 50 destroy everyone you get a group of 3-50's and its game over.....

Cancel your subscriptions and let Bioware know how pissed you are about the PVP. A few hundred thousand ppl cancel and they will make changes real quick.

I cancelled today I think you should too.

As long as your paying they can string you along with false hopes about they are working on it etc... They stop getting you money and it will become a real priority.

Mindsets like yours spawned Nazi Germany...

just sayin!

I cancelled and returned to WoW more times then I can count and I know many many others that have as well. People do return to games that they cancelled at a later time.

Agree that people come back alot of the time. Even though I don't believe that a lot of these people are really going to unsubscribe, I know that a lot of those that do will end up coming back later and will be on this forum again complaining about how they are "so far behind" those that have kept playing and how BW should make the game more accessable to them now that they are outgeared by those that have been here the whole time. It's a sad cycle...

Agree that people come back alot of the time. Even though I don't believe that a lot of these people are really going to unsubscribe, I know that a lot of those that do will end up coming back later and will be on this forum again complaining about how they are "so far behind" those that have kept playing and how BW should make the game more accessable to them now that they are outgeared by those that have been here the whole time. It's a sad cycle...

Personally when I leave a game I don't look back. Crippling the open world PVP was enough to make me peace out. There really is no point to have a pvp server ruleset with how many lol50champguardslol exist in the shared planets.

Seeing 2 total opposing faction members while leveling to 50 as a republic and as a sith on a server that averages a 25 minute full queue... hah. Server may be full but I wonder which instance everyone is in... let me switch to planet zone 3? o.o

Story was brilliant. But now story is over so I guess I wait for the DLC to add more story... just like a usual Bioware game :p

Edited by Sardoni

Most of the people crying right now for brackets will cry later because they wont have anything worthy later to use their cap level gear on, except for other 50s with equal gears.

These people will then cry about how world pvp is dead because they will miss the good old days where they could use this very gear on weaker players.

As for those weaker players complaining about 50s, this is complete BS.

Im level 25, sure its hard (impossible... maybe...) to defeat an entire 50s team when you get none on your side, but come on, how many times does it happen... ?

Just admit the fact that you are weaker and deal with it, later on you will be on the stronger side of the wheel.

Honestly, this massive QQ thread is all about whining weaklings who can't realize they are playing a freaking multiplayer game.

All you want is victory, and even more, SOLO victory. You want to be better than everyone.

You can't realize team work wins warzones, no matter your 10 medlas farming lowbies while the opponent team scores 6 points.

You lose against coordination and effective teamwork, wise use of different classes abilities, and you stay stucked inside your whinning spiral because no, jumping alone against five foes won't do you any good.

I sincerely hope Bioware will keep brackets as they are, because not winning every time doesn't mean you don't get to learn things. And i for one, am way more mad at headless chickens running around without any kind of game reading nor any team work capabilities.

Doesn't mean nothing has to be tweaked.

But grow up, and, well, learn to *********** learn.

See.

This is the pvp forum. Competitive people don't enjoy beating weaker opponents.

Don't assume we are all in the same sad state a you.

Pvp without the players being on somewhat equal ground is pointless.

No I won't enjoy playing against lvl 10s when I am 50. The idea itself just sounds stupid.

The current system only gets worse as more people hit 50.

Then new players or anyone(everyone) who wants to make an alt is screwed.

the real question is it worth the money ...

would you buy a 70 inch plasma screen with a crack down the center of the screen

pvp system is broken and needs to be adjusted either way .. soo when its the patch coming .. any word yet ?

canceled my sub yesterday for PvP design reason. I am lvl 50 and bored of playing WZ with lowbies, full champion set and no incentive to play anymore besides getting battlemnaster which isnt even that much better, no rated WZ, no arenas, ilum design sucks.

See.

This is the pvp forum. Competitive people don't enjoy beating weaker opponents.

Don't assume we are all in the same sad state a you.

Pvp without the players being on somewhat equal ground is pointless.

No I won't enjoy playing against lvl 10s when I am 50. The idea itself just sounds stupid.

The current system only gets worse as more people hit 50.

Then new players or anyone(everyone) who wants to make an alt is screwed.

Thank you for totally missing my point.

Well guess ill join the wave and cancel my subscription aswell.

Ask me about pvp?

........W TF!

Maybe ill return in a few years, then they might been able to fix some off the bugs(unlikely)

Edited by shyol