Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

[POLL] Will you continue to subscribe?

Vitiatix

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately all signs are pointing to no. i love the story just love it..seeing more story is pretty much whats driving me to level anyway. I agree with what someone said about it not being a true mmo. i have no choice but to agree atleast compared to other true mmo's. i'd love to see this whole time line in a movie XD. I'm waiting on my Planetside 2 beta invite..just like i waited for the invite for this game. too bad things pointed out in the beta didnt compute into getting fixed here.

My biggest reason for not re-subscribing is that the thought of leveling another toon is an incredibly daunting and unpleasant task. The thought of going through 50 more levels of spacebar is a frightening thought. When an MMO is not conducive to alt creation, it's doomed.

I already cancelled it as well, I will not come back to this game until they add LFG tool. I love the Flashpoints and RAIDS in this game but they are sooo hard to form. It takes long time to find right people to even make a FP. Yes I already have lvl 50 Sentinel and 30 Vanguard and Will not come back until the major change.

For now I am playing EVE ONLIE

Always thought of giving EVE a try. Is it decent for beginners?

Also, I will keep subbing but I concur with the gentleman a few posts above about the loading screens, load time, etc. It's too much and too long and if you have a top of the line PC just to tolerate it, that defeats the purpose of having an MMO if you expect everyone to buy a brand new pc just to play it.

Yes, I just bought a time card for 2 more months. That said I do agree with some of the criticism of the combat sluggishness and the AH and the UI. I played WOW in the beginning too and the UI and Ah weren’t that great then either it took time to come around and I believe SWTOR will come around too, once they allow mods and the like ti will help tremendously. The combat sluggishness, that one is going to be harder to fix. WOW had that down pretty well from the get go and I haven’t played an MMO outside of it (Maybe GW) that has had the combat so smooth and reactive.

Also, I will keep subbing but I concur with the gentleman a few posts above about the loading screens, load time, etc. It's too much and too long and if you have a top of the line PC just to tolerate it, that defeats the purpose of having an MMO if you expect everyone to buy a brand new pc just to play it.

EVE is becoming more and more beginner-friendly. I play it off and on. There's a free trial, try it out.

hehe EVE is an awesome Meta game. If you like to micromanage every aspect of your character (a ship or many ships). But you will be staying locked on progress by real life time. After 3 months you should be geared and skilled for endgame but will take a year or 2 to be a force to be reckon with.

EVE is an awesome MMORPG but its the greatest test of patience you will ever meet in MMORPG. I failed to accomplish that because the ships were kinda ugly and i got bored of sitting on level 4 missions pretty quick while training for better ships.

No.

Very medicore sub par MMO, not once did i think to myself when i was leveling to 50 that i was enjoying it, i guess i played it as a friend was interested in it.

I read that it had a nice rich story while leveling up, thats not the case it's random kill x and pick up xx all the way through, With pick random 1-2-3 choices...the gimmick got old after 10minutes.

The fact is that it was overhyped and shouldent of been released the way it did, it needed more months of work and this blunder will forever damage this game.

The final straw was doing hard mode instances and not getting loot from boss chests or bugged mobs, i laughed and swiftly stopped my sub.

Is this a great game? No, Could it be a great game? Yes, Is it a generic mmo when star wars has a unique story and they could of done things so awesome and differently? Yes.

It's a very sub par mmo and everyone who plays it know's that it is or will soon realize it when they hit endgame or see the full extent of the bugged garbage this game has to offer.

Edited by Pupulus

I played Eve for a few months. its like ultima online but in space :) which means as long as you stay in safe space youre fine and can grow but once you hit unpoliced space heh watch out..but i cut my teeth on that kind of mmo with UO back in 1995..i liked the fact that it wasnt 100% safe and you had to be a real player to make it. Cry babies wont last a week. i had no idea what pvp meant until Origin added pvp and non pvp servers which pretty much meant i had to ask to have a fight with you..heh wut? pops went way down and it was no longer number 1

hehe EVE is an awesome Meta game. If you like to micromanage every aspect of your character (a ship or many ships). But you will be staying locked on progress by real life time. After 3 months you should be geared and skilled for endgame but will take a year or 2 to be a force to be reckon with.

EVE is an awesome MMORPG but its the greatest test of patience you will ever meet in MMORPG. I failed to accomplish that because the ships were kinda ugly and i got bored of sitting on level 4 missions pretty quick while training for better ships.

Don't mean to get off topic but EvE is basically sitting for 5 minuites in front of a loading screen while you mine things. The combat is just click enemy, click attack, no abilities and too complicated for a video game. The economy is cool but I don't know why anybody would pay money for a fake economy and sitting in front of loading screens while you "mine".

Back on Topic, simply:

YES.

I'm canceling because:

1. The pvp sucks

2. The open world pvp sucks even harder

3. The story seems to be written by people who never heard of a coherent storyline.

4. The ugly graphics even after editing the client_settings.ini file to enable max settings.

5. Too much running.

6. Too many loading screens, thank god I have an SSD now or I would have to add the long duration of the loading screens.

7. No replay factor but the starting area, cuz I don't wanna suffer through the same cutscene-BS again.

8. 2001 UI

9. Spell delay

10. Waaay too many phased/instanced content. World feels empty

11. Game is too easy for leveling. Never a challenge or you have to take mobs 4+ lvls higher.

12. Horrible, horrible Customer Support.

13. No dual-spec (as in skill tree, not AC).

14. The economy sucks and so does the Trade place.

15. Crew skills are waaaaaay too easy to lvl. You don't get any feel of accomplishment when you reach 400/400.

16. Questlog limited to 25.

Edited by Gehoornde

yes 15 dollars isnt much with a job. the game doesnt work that amazing on my laptop. Its playable on low settings but in like 3 months I'll have a new desktop so that problem should be solved and with new patches and drivers things should get better. so far I really enjoy it minus the technical issues.

OF course i will, most of the people in here will say NO though, because if youve quit and you have nothing better to do. You come to the forums and complain about the game you just quit.

Its sad but its what the internet trolls do. The cool kids of the internet :cool:

This game will peak at 750k subs, and after a year it won't ever go over 500k subscribers and it will be viewed as one of the biggest flops and blunders in all of gaming history. People will lose their jobs, and BioWare's name will most likely be tainted for life..

I agree, paranoid to buy any more BW games if this is how they have started to release games.

I'm canceling because:

1. The pvp sucks

2. The open world pvp sucks even harder

3. The story seems to be written by people who never heard of a coherent storyline.

4. The ugly graphics even after editing the client_settings.ini file to enable max settings.

5. Too much running.

6. Too many loading screens, thank god I have an SSD now or I would have to add the long duration of the loading screens.

7. No replay factor but the starting area, cuz I don't wanna suffer through the same cutscene-BS again.

8. 2001 UI

9. Spell delay

10. Waaay too many phased/instanced content. World feels empty

11. Game is too easy for leveling. Never a challenge or you have to take mobs 4+ lvls higher.

12. Horrible, horrible Customer Support.

13. No dual-spec (as in skill tree, not AC).

14. The economy sucks and so does the Trade place.

15. Crew skills are waaaaaay too easy to lvl. You don't get any feel of accomplishment when you reach 400/400.

16. Questlog limited to 25.

You took the words out of my mouth, agreed 100% and that's why I am cancelling as well.