Early Access $5.00 Fee - that is why we are owed something

ZEROUMUS

I believe i had a $5 fee on my origin pre order. Your attitude is lacking champ.

Ok, fine. If you want to be stubborn about it, there was a $5 dollar fee for preordering.

If you want to call that a fee then fine, just recognize you also got a $5 dollar discount on your game purchase.

Why we can't just call a deposit a deposit is beyond me, unless of course we are just making up reasons to rationalize the QQ. We ain't doing that, are we?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early Access $5.00 Fee - that is why we are owed something

Anything you were charged was a deposit towards the full game. The $5 comes off of however much you are paying for your full game.

For instance, I got charged $5 at the time of pre-order. The CE costs $150. When my order is shipped I will be charged the remaining $145.

You did not pay for early access you merely reserved a copy of the game by paying a small deposit.

Your argument is invalid, you are mistaken.

That was a $5 deposit. Not a fee.

Reading comprehension skills are not a strong suit of people on this forum.

I ordered on Origin and it was a fee to pre order if it wasn't a fee, then my card wouldn't be charged not only that i was charged the whole 79.99 afterwards. I should be pissed but I'm not I want the game so i'll deal with it as long as i get in by atleast friday

I just want to state up front that i am sure we will all get a decent amount of early access. I am still waiting for mine

HOWEVER

I would like to remind the group of gamers that likes to pretend they are higher and mightier than the rest of us that yes indeed, EA/bioware DOES OWE US SOMETHING, they owe us something for the $5.00 fee they charged us..

so please.. stop being sucks and using the line that we are " lucky " we get early access.... no we are not lucky, we paid for it. If EA does not give a reasonable amount of early access time, it could indeed be considered breach of contract.

AGAIN, i dont think its going to be an issue, i suspect we will all get about 4 days of access. 1 month from now, nobody will care about any of this. I just need to vent on some of the stupid people who make posts thinking they are on higher moral ground than other gamers.

Wow

The $5 deposit I paid at gamestop to preorder (or $25 for the CE) is taken out of the price when you buy the game on December 20th

I sure hope the TOR population as a whole isn't as full of fail as the OP. The American school system sure has gone down hill. No wonder TOR is all voice--BW figured out most players lack any type of reading comprehension.

I agree!

All these people replying saying the £5 fee is taken from the cost of the game, well the amount I paid was £45! Forty five bloody pounds! For a game!

That is not the norm, £30 is normal for a PC game so ramping the price up by £15 and then saying well the £5 is taken from this is no comfort.

I have never, ever paid for the honour of being allowed to pre-order a game. They take the £5 because they do not want people having free game time and then cancelling before launch.

Except retailers take $5 for EVERY pre-order not jsut SWTOR.

Your argument is invalid, you are mistaken.

i was wrong

It may be somewhat late given that this thread has been necroed but I would like to echo those that are commending the opening poster for admitting error. Regrettably, humility is rare online due to the excessive pandering to pride and cocooning of views in confirmation bias. Further, those that are humble, self-aware, and acknowledge mistake are often pounced upon very viciously by the feral pack surrounding them. It is highly praise worthy of the opening poster to acknowledge error as it is guaranteed to lead to far greater self-improvement than most emotive, hormonal idiots online will ever know. Sorry if that seems patronising and sanctimonious but it seemed deserved.

Eh....I paid nothing for my gamestop preorder and I've been able to access the game since the morning of the 13th. Not sure where you went to feel like you are owed something. That and I am happy to let everyone flood the home worlds now while I'm on vacation so by the time I get back on the 18th it's cleared of the first big block of people.

I just want to state up front that i am sure we will all get a decent amount of early access. I am still waiting for mine

HOWEVER

I would like to remind the group of gamers that likes to pretend they are higher and mightier than the rest of us that yes indeed, EA/bioware DOES OWE US SOMETHING, they owe us something for the $5.00 fee they charged us..

so please.. stop being sucks and using the line that we are " lucky " we get early access.... no we are not lucky, we paid for it. If EA does not give a reasonable amount of early access time, it could indeed be considered breach of contract.

AGAIN, i dont think its going to be an issue, i suspect we will all get about 4 days of access. 1 month from now, nobody will care about any of this. I just need to vent on some of the stupid people who make posts thinking they are on higher moral ground than other gamers.

Hmmm I always assumed the 5.00 fee was just to pre-order not for EGA :rolleyes: guess i was mistaken.... oh wait

origin charges 5$ extra ><

No. I ordered from Origin. It authorized my card for €55 in total which is the full price of the game though I haven't paid the full amount yet, only the €5. The remaining €50 will be charged when they send the product code.

I agree!

All these people replying saying the £5 fee is taken from the cost of the game, well the amount I paid was £45! Forty five bloody pounds! For a game!

That is not the norm, £30 is normal for a PC game so ramping the price up £15 and then saying well the £5 is taken from this is no comfort.

We are not trying to comfort you. We are trying to introduce you to reality.

I'm not sure what you mean by a normal price but that doesn't matter.

What matters is that depending on which edition you wanted to purchase you have to pay a price. Imagine that price is X. If you pre-order you pay X. If you don't preorder you pay X. There is no extra cost for preordering. The only difference is that when you preorder you first pay $5 and then $(X-5). If you have a powerful enough calculator you can add that up and discover you have paid no pre-order fee.

Why am I even bothering to explain this?

We are not trying to comfort you. We are trying to introduce you to reality.

I'm not sure what you mean by a normal price but that doesn't matter.

What matters is that depending on which edition you wanted to purchase you have to pay a price. Imagine that price is X. If you pre-order you pay X. If you don't preorder you pay X. There is no extra cost for preordering. The only difference is that when you preorder you first pay $5 and then $(X-5). If you have a powerful enough calculator you can add that up and discover you have paid no pre-order fee.

Why am I even bothering to explain this?

You do not know what you are talking about, quit now.

Tomorrow: Thursday, December 15, 2011 will be EXACTLY 5 Days from Launch.

You have not been cheated out of anything.

I will get in on Friday or 4 days from release and I'm not complaining, why are you still complaining about this?

Edited by billiejackfu

HOWEVER

Its a deposit not a fee.