Constanly have no money in game...

Geeluc

I'm a level 31 Smuggler at the moment, yesterday, I only had 400 credits on me!

I constantly seem to be spending money on up grades, gear, weapons and mods. It is the intention of BW/EA to have players 'skint' all the time?

Also (and sorry for the spoiler) but the 'fortune' of Nok Draden, at the end of Act 1...was 3000 credits! That's not a fortune, it's not anything!

All the more reason Slicing was so popular at release, and is still a good investment despite the nerf if you're consistently running low on credits. It does tend to get better at end game, as mobs drop credits in the hundreds, but up until then, Slicing may work.

If you're already set on your 3 crew skills, take out your resource gathering or even a mission gathering to replace with Slicing. I'd say resource only because you can always level it up yourself and not rely on credits to send out your companions.

Stop buying gear. You get everything you need for levelling from quest rewards or from commendation vendors. It's even worth running flashpoints for gear. NEVER spend money on gear whilst levelling, it's a total waste.

Just to give you an idea, my character is level 28 and has 90k credits. I've earned this through questing and selling items to vendors and crafted gear and mats on the GTN.

Edited by Mandrax

Could roll a slicing alt, slow down on the gathering missions or use commendations and crafting for upgrades.

I had 30k at the end of Tatooine, I wasn't rich beyond my wildest dreams but it was enough for me to keep my skill training up to date with enough left over to save up for the next level.

Stop buying gear. You get everything you need for levelling from quest rewards or from commendation vendors. It's even worth running flashpoints for gear. NEVER spend money on gear whilst levelling, it's a total waste.

Just to give you an idea, my character is level 28 and has 90k credits. I've earned this through questing and selling items to vendors and crafted gear and mats on the GTN.

Pretty much perfect advice right here. Especially gear that you will outlevel quickly. I've only bought a single piece of gear, and it was a massive upgrade, perfect for my level, and will likely still be using them well into the 30s... also it was dirt cheap. Everything else, no way.

Be pickier about your expenses. I've got plenty of money at lvl22, and will have the money for my speeder by the time I'm able to train it.

Sorry, just to say, am I slicing, up to about 200 at the moment. And I also get most of my mods from the commendation vendors, but I try to keep my companion up to date as well, I fine for him, I need to buy his gear, coz the coms vendor only has enough for me!

I'm a level 31 Smuggler at the moment, yesterday, I only had 400 credits on me!

I constantly seem to be spending money on up grades, gear, weapons and mods. It is the intention of BW/EA to have players 'skint' all the time?

Also (and sorry for the spoiler) but the 'fortune' of Nok Draden, at the end of Act 1...was 3000 credits! That's not a fortune, it's not anything!

1.) Are you constantly running back and forth on "Speeder/Taxis"?

2.) Are you buying items you dont need, like gear and weapons and mods that can be picked up via quest rewards if you wait a little longer?

3.) Are you doing all of the quests, short of Heroics in the areas your currently grinding?

If your constantly running across the map, believe it or not, youll spend a good bit of creds doing so. If you have alittle more patience and use your summoning stone. Youll spend less but will have to manually travel a little more.

Ive found that while I might go a few levels without new gear, as long as I gear up twice through out every ten levels I should be fine. And most of the time Mobs will drop plenty of nice items to sell or use.

If your concentrating on just the class quests? If you are, then your definitely missing out on boat loads of Credits. Within a span of 3 quests in one small area. I was able to aquire 15k Creds from Rewards and Mobs.

I know how you feel. Im constantly paying out the *** for new abilities, medpacks, and repairs. But thats where it stops when it comes to the majority of my spending. I keep travel to a minimum and I concentrate on all of the quests in a particular area before opening up quests elsewhere.

i am running around in looted green gear, sometimes taking things for completing missions and have like 50k + credits at rank 26. i paid for my speeder training and the whole shebang, not a slicer, just an ordinary scavenger artificer. i don't send many of my crew on missions. there is no need to craft thus far--no reason to be a twink of any kind.

jedi consular double lightsaber (non heal) spec currently plowing through tatooine content.

p.s. i don't train all of my skills either, just the ones i use over and over. there are some that might prove useful once in a blue moon, but i rely on bread and butter insta casts and one stance/form.

Edited by Pheroras

1.) Are you constantly running back and forth on "Speeder/Taxis"?

Mostly using my speeder and shuttle...I maybe could cut down on the taxi though.

2.) Are you buying items you dont need, like gear and weapons and mods that can be picked up via quest rewards if you wait a little longer?

My toon now has all 'orange' gear, so now I just need to up grade the armour/barrel as I go, which is a lot easier. Most of the 'quest drops' are green and not close to the gear I have.

3.) Are you doing all of the quests, short of Heroics in the areas your currently grinding?

No. I've not done, and don't plan to, do any FPs. I'm not playing this game for the 'grouping', I just wanna play it for myself (yes, I know it's an MMO, I just wanna play 'my way').

I'm doing all the 'solo' questing I can, just more of the level than the money. The rest of what you said is good constructive advice. I know I need to save for my level 2 speeder licence, so I need to do something.

I do also need to get my companion 'orange' gear, so it's just simple mods for him.

I guess I'm just too spend happy and I'll need to control myself more. Thanks for the comments.

There are some irregular things that make no sense...

One being training. By around level 30 you're going to be paying 10-15k credits for EACH ability upgrade. By 40 you're looking at 25k per ability. That massive jump in costs to what basically amounts to a 2-3% increase in the ability is so out-of-whack that I remember making the same judgement back in beta.

Next, storage space...not so much personal inventory, but 'bank' space. First slot is 40k, yea, that's fine, I was expecting the next to be double at like 80k, but no, it's 400k credits........

Then there's the speeders. 210k for Speeder II for a 10% speed boost, then on top of that you need to get a Speeder II speeder, another 40k or so. I'm doing fine with Speeder I, but the cost variance is quite off in my opinion.

This doesn't even get into the vendors, like customization vendors. At 41 I can make maybe 20k in an hour before I have to do repairs thanks to trash and doing PvP. Quest rewards are too low for the infrequency of actually getting them done.

Consider doing what I do. I trade gear for gear. I make force armor, and trade it for implants and lightsaber mods, since like nobody has money and trying to sell things on the AH is futile because the AH UI is so terrible noone uses it.

Trading makes friends and gets you the upgrades you need, though.

All good stuff...thanks.

On DrkCntry's point. Can I ask, why a taxi from one side of the planet to the other is about 300 credits, but to fly my ship an interstellar distance is only 45 credits???

And with the fuel costs, why do jackets/pants/gloves etc cost 15k?

It's just weird!