A lot of your low FPS issues might be due to SLI/Crossfire. Try disabling it.

TheCy

Maybe Bioware should hire competent programmers and use well-coded engines.

You again?

Little bit of knowledge here:

. Bioware code to DX11 (DX9) API provided by Microsoft;

. Gfx Card makers provide drivers to access their card thru that API;

AKA: EA/BW is not responsible for your computer. And if you're complaining about FPS you do not have the competency to fix your computer correctly.

Edited by IPaq

I don't know of a single MMO that supports sli/crossfire. If you think you need 2 GPUs for an MMO you're doing something wrong. MMOs are all about CPU and RAM, not GPU.

WOW supports SLI and has done for years. Its not a case of needing 2 GPUs, it whether or not Nvidia/AMD & the games developer can be bothered working together to create SLI/CF profiles for the game in question.

Edited by Rock-Shard

WOW supports SLI and has done for years. Its not a case of needing 2 GPUs, it whether or not Nvidia/AMD & the games developer can be bothered working together to create SLI/CF profiles for the game in question.

WoW did NOT support SLI for its first 4 years basically.

And why would a company bother creating a SLI/CF profile when <1% of people actually use SLI/CF. SLI/CF were a good idea, but it never took off. Most games don't support it and it's pretty much a waste to have it.

Maybe Bioware should hire competent programmers and use well-coded engines.

I agree to this.Balmora brings my gtx 580 sli to their knees at 38 fps.

Who could believe that battlefield 3 at heavy fights runs at 75-80 which has lights ahead graphics and an mmo with 2002 graphics runs so freaking bad.

Edited by _Zefire_

I agree to this.Balmora brings my gtx 580 sli to their knees at 38 fps.

Who could believe that battlefield 3 at heavy fights runs at 75-80 which has lights ahead graphics and an mmo with 2002 graphics runs so freaking bad.

For nVidia - Disable Grass (aka scroll down a bit in the video pane)

Jesus, I'm an engineer and you people make me feel like a complete idiot.

Can someone explain what sli/crossfire is? And how I can turn it off, my fps isn't great.

It's a term used when reference to using two video cards hooked up together. SLI is for Nvidia and Crossfire for Radeon. Unless your using two video cards in your computer...no need to be concerned. You really donot need it for TOR. I am running a single Radeon 6850, settings on mostly high and the game runs smooth and great. TOR is more CPU intensive than GPU.

Edited by Valkirus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.