LGBT Players - Check in here!

Kresse

Hi everyone! Are there any LGBT friendly guilds on the Ebon Hawk, Empire side? I need to find one for my sniper.

The Distant Sun Syndicate is recruiting. If you need an invite just send a tell to any of our members. If anyone ask how you heard of our guild, tell them that Velkorra sent you.

Concerning LGBT community guilds and starting a custom LGBT chat channel:

It's become increasing clear to me that, even though 'gaymer' communities continuously seek a less heteronormative group in-game, inclusive guilds repeatedly fall apart for sheer lack of numbers.

The amount of active members is important in a guild to delve into end game material.

The game has now provided even more material, conquests, for guilds to complete together and for small, inactive guilds these new tasks seem impossible. So, people leave or their alts join more active, heteronormative guilds. Gay guilds are so short lived. Although, there are a few active LGBT groups that migrate from game to game, I'm focusing more on just SWtor.

I propose we instead start taking advantage of Swtor's custom chat channel feature. In this game anyone can create any channel they'd like. No one can see a channel unless they log into it. Once you log into a channel it looks and acts exactly like a guild channel. There is a notification when someone logs in or out, joins or leaves. Once you log in on a character, that character remains logged in forever until they un-join it.

I believe, at this time, this is all we really need. It is my hope that this idea will become popular enough to where you'd forget all about general chat. We can socialize, form groups, make sales... all that.

Let's name this new channel LGBT

To create the channel just log into your character and type /create LGBT

If it's already created by someone else then you will simply join it. If that's not the case anymore then simply type /cjoin LGBT

Next, If you're not already joined with any other custom channels, type /4 to use the channel (by default /1 is General, /2 is PVP, /3 is Trade)

The creator of the channel has the ability to moderate the channel (from trolling and such) and even give other players moderator status.

Now, Go! Join this channel on all your characters and spread the word (but please don't ever mention this in general chat or open forums because the trolls will follow)

If you see a message that someone has joined or logged in SAY HELLO!

Here is a complete list of custom channel commands:

/CHANNELS

/create [channelname] [password]- Create an Channel and an optional password

/cjoin [channelname] [password] - Join an already made channel also including a password if needed

/cleave [channelname] [password] - Leave a custom channel also including a password if needed

/lock [channelname] - Allow only invited players to join the channel

/unlock [channelname] - Allow all players to join the custom channel

/cinvite [channelname] [player] - Invite someone to the custom channel

/password [channelname] [password] - Set a password for the channel

/password [channelname] - Clear a password from a channel

/ckick [channelname] [player] - Kick a player from the channel

/ban [channelname] [player] - Ban a player from the channel

/unban [channelname] [player] - Unban a player from a channel

/mod [channelname] [player] - Give a player the moderator status in the channel

/unmod [channelname] [player] - Remove mod status from a player

/mute [channelname] [player] - Remove the ability to send messages on the channel

/unmute [channelname] [player] - Grant the ability to send messages on the channel

/moderate [channelname] - Set the custom channel to only let moderators speak

/unmoderate [channelname]- Set the custom channel to let anyone speak

/channellist - List all custom channels you are on

/list [channelname] - List the players on the custom channel

• 1 month later...
Haven't heard about any guild , but I do recommand you guys to use the Genchat and connect to the LGTB channel .

See you all in there :D

What server is it on? And whats the channel called?? Thanks by the way!

Edited by PorcelainT

Concerning LGBT community guilds and starting a custom LGBT chat channel:

It's become increasing clear to me that, even though 'gaymer' communities continuously seek a less heteronormative group in-game, inclusive guilds repeatedly fall apart for sheer lack of numbers.

The amount of active members is important in a guild to delve into end game material.

The game has now provided even more material, conquests, for guilds to complete together and for small, inactive guilds these new tasks seem impossible. So, people leave or their alts join more active, heteronormative guilds. Gay guilds are so short lived. Although, there are a few active LGBT groups that migrate from game to game, I'm focusing more on just SWtor.

I propose we instead start taking advantage of Swtor's custom chat channel feature. In this game anyone can create any channel they'd like. No one can see a channel unless they log into it. Once you log into a channel it looks and acts exactly like a guild channel. There is a notification when someone logs in or out, joins or leaves. Once you log in on a character, that character remains logged in forever until they un-join it.

I believe, at this time, this is all we really need. It is my hope that this idea will become popular enough to where you'd forget all about general chat. We can socialize, form groups, make sales... all that.

Let's name this new channel LGBT

To create the channel just log into your character and type /create LGBT

If it's already created by someone else then you will simply join it. If that's not the case anymore then simply type /cjoin LGBT

Next, If you're not already joined with any other custom channels, type /4 to use the channel (by default /1 is General, /2 is PVP, /3 is Trade)

The creator of the channel has the ability to moderate the channel (from trolling and such) and even give other players moderator status.

Now, Go! Join this channel on all your characters and spread the word (but please don't ever mention this in general chat or open forums because the trolls will follow)

If you see a message that someone has joined or logged in SAY HELLO!

Here is a complete list of custom channel commands:

/CHANNELS

/create [channelname] [password]- Create an Channel and an optional password

/cjoin [channelname] [password] - Join an already made channel also including a password if needed

/cleave [channelname] [password] - Leave a custom channel also including a password if needed

/lock [channelname] - Allow only invited players to join the channel

/unlock [channelname] - Allow all players to join the custom channel

/cinvite [channelname] [player] - Invite someone to the custom channel

/password [channelname] [password] - Set a password for the channel

/password [channelname] - Clear a password from a channel

/ckick [channelname] [player] - Kick a player from the channel

/ban [channelname] [player] - Ban a player from the channel

/unban [channelname] [player] - Unban a player from a channel

/mod [channelname] [player] - Give a player the moderator status in the channel

/unmod [channelname] [player] - Remove mod status from a player

/mute [channelname] [player] - Remove the ability to send messages on the channel

/unmute [channelname] [player] - Grant the ability to send messages on the channel

/moderate [channelname] - Set the custom channel to only let moderators speak

/unmoderate [channelname]- Set the custom channel to let anyone speak

/channellist - List all custom channels you are on

/list [channelname] - List the players on the custom channel

I was Talking about this .

I tried finding LGBT friendly guilds, but a lot of them were on other servers. I will try this. But I'm slightly concerned about this being on a thread that ANYONE can see, I imagine there will be some trolls. But I didn't know anything about customized channels, so it'll be nice that someone can keep an eye on them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greetings to all around the world:

Today is May 17, 2016. International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia.

* IDAHOT 2016 Media release

Since we are an international guild and L.G.B.T- friendly, we are for equality everywhere. We are always looking to welcome new members, so check us out on The Ebon Hawk.

carpe diem (seize the day) and may the force be with you.

• 2 weeks later...

This feature is not exclusive to any channel. The channel is called LBGT. Simply log-in to the channel from any character on any server by typing /cjoin LGBT

you will have to use a slash command to chat in the channel just like you would use /1 for General chat. By default the first custom channel you use will be /4

and then the second would be /5

and so on.

It does not automatically join all your characters so you'll need to individually join the channel for each toon. But luckily each character will remain logged in after you close the game! =D

Which server is the LGBT channel on?

This feature is not exclusive to any channel. The channel is called LBGT. Simply log-in to the channel from any character on any server by typing /cjoin LGBT

you will have to use a slash command to chat in the channel just like you would use /1 for General chat. By default the first custom channel you use will be /4

and then the second would be /5

and so on.

It does not automatically join all your characters so you'll need to individually join the channel for each toon. But luckily each character will remain logged in after you close the game! =D

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...