The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Level 10-50s together in a warzone is the dumbest thing in MMO history

TheMove

Level 10-50s together in a warzone is the dumbest thing in MMO history

I can't even believe people that make such a big game can be this dumb. Its really a joke when you hit level 10 and can't wait to do some low level warzones and when the warzone starts you see a team filled with level 50s. Ive been playing since first day early access. I rerolled a few times. Now every warzone I get thrown to the wolves. Not even fun.

It's obviously a PvE game first with PvP very very low on the list of priorities.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not so bad when you have an even spread of levels on both teams, in matches like those even my mid-level Vanguard has done well enough to top the scoreboard.

Now I've just come out of a huttball match where Republic had five lv11, a 26(mine) and a lv30. The 'matching' system gave Empire a nice set of lv50 Sorc, Assassin, BH, surprisingly no warriors and a few low levels.

After ten minutes of slaughter, Empire came to camp the ground beneath the Rep. spawn, where no one was jumping down any longer and we all got booted from the match for deserting :D

But this is why I rolled Republic, as I'd have hated it more to be on that Empire team.

It's obviously a PvE game first with PvP very very low on the list of priorities.

They should know better, they got a huge load of SWG players subscribed, and SWG had pvp as one of the main aspects of the game. giveing it more than 30 mins of thinking ( which i hope they dident use more than for this current system ) wont fit it.

As I said, it would work for a couple of months, until everyone leveled up. Then there would be no low level PVP or 10 hour queues.

Quoted For The Truth!

Bracketing will break PvP full stop, especially for the more casual player. Not everyone has a spare 8 hours a day to level their way to 50!

The only thing you miss are a few extra talent points and some additional abilities, you're buffed to lvl 50 anyway so survivability is not an issue, and damage is also on a par. I don't really see what the issue is?

Edited by Alpinesun

Quoted For The Truth!

Bracketing will break PvP full stop.

The only thing you miss are a few extra talent points and some additional abilities, you're buffed to lvl 50 anyway so survivability is not an issue, and damage is also on a par. I don't really see what the issue is?

lol what game are you playing. ignorance amuses me.

Im not greedy and don't ask for much. I would settle for just letting level 50s have thier own bracket.

/bump

Dude has a valid point and it needs attention ASAP.

I'm currently level 44 and while I can contend with the level 50's pretty well, it makes absolutely no sense at all to have 50's in the same bracket as everyone else. I understand to a certain degree why Bioware did this to prevent long queue times for the level 50's as there would not be a enough 50's at first to get queues to pop. On the contrary, if you leveled your arse off that fast in the first week, you should expect there to not be many others in your bracket at that time, and as such, would need to realize that you are one of the select few first to reach 50. Don't drag every one else's enjoyment of the game down because you have more time on your hands. Sit in a queue and wait just like you would in any other MMO.

I think even the majority of level 50's would even agree with this concept. So fix it!

I can't imagine being a level 10 and entering a warzone at this point. Feel really sorry for them. Most will just quit I think. Not a very warm welcome when you want to play a FAIR competition.

Edited by Bulde

50s on a lot of servers wouldn't find games if all the lvls werent merged currently. Give it time i think they already mentioned 50s will have their own bracket when some time has passed and there are more 50s.

I don't see the problem honestly...was pretty bad in the teens but in the 20-30s i felt like i held my own pretty well...pretty fun killing backpedaling 50s at lvl 25 IMO :X but i play a rogue....err operative... >_> so maybe it's different? :p

50s on a lot of servers wouldn't find games if all the lvls werent merged currently. Give it time i think they already mentioned 50s will have their own bracket when some time has passed and there are more 50s.

I don't see the problem honestly...was pretty bad in the teens but in the 20-30s i felt like i held my own pretty well...pretty fun killing backpedaling 50s at lvl 25 IMO :X but i play a rogue....err operative... >_> so maybe it's different? :p

So people who want to enjoy the game and take their time to find the right class to play is now penalized for not rushing to 50?

Tbh, if you rush to high level and cant pvp, is some to be expected, atleast in every other MMORPG in i can think of apart from this.

I will be cancelling my sub.

At first, PvP was fun, because you weren't coming up against guilded geared out level 50 tryhards. So you get destroyed a few times. Whatever. But there's no cross-server PvP, and there are no republic players. So you end up playing huttball against the worst sort of person, over and over again, until the game ceases to be fun.

I had really high hopes for the game. I wanted the boost-to-warzone-level idea to work. But it just doesn't. Bioware had to straddle both sides of the issue; let low levels have fun while not punishing the high levels for progress & gear. For whatever reason, the obvious solution of gear rating based (or even just valor) matchmaking wasn't implemented.

I'm stuck on a server that has a bunch of Imp guilds running fully geared out level 50s. I have a 38 Powertech and one of these players, in the same tree as myself, had almost double the HP despite the 'boost.' My gear isn't crappy for my level or anything, that's just the disparity between the two of us. How is my team expected to win? Why is playing huttball 5-6 times in a row okay? Against the same people?

They need to;

1.) Implement cross-server PvP.

2.) Implement rating or valor based matchmaking (or brackets)

3.) Implement war effort buffs in order to encourage more republic players to PvP.

I know this post is a drop in the proverbial bucket but I wish they would read and take the reasonable complaints to heart. It's when the reasonable people (who are big fans of the game) start to turn that you lose the playerbase.

Maybe they need to play to their strengths and work as a team. I've not had any issues levelling in PvP from a low level.

Neither did i at my first toon, but as soon 50s turned up getting pvp gear with expertice on it, the tables turned by miles. The imperials on my server now got so many 50s joining a battleground and win it is a rare thing. And i doubt its any more fun for them than it is for me. Their getting their farming valor rank and medals tho. Just more cathing up to do for the rebels at my server.

i am a fan of this game and plan to play it for a while or at least while i can .

But tbh i am playing it now for the pve.The pvp as seen by BW is a fail and i think pvp minded players will leave this game in drones thankfully i rolled on a pve server.

It is an experiment that failed and BW needs to go back to a classic formula.

The buffs means jack because level 12 players have less gear on and have less abilites so never can be anywhere near as good as a level 50.

Do you want more wine with your cheese? I think that bolstering is a great idea. I KNOW that people can be competitive in pvp no matter what level they are. There are times when someone many levels lower than me are able to be resourceful enough to take me out, and there are times when I am able to down a 50 all by my lonesome. And some classes give me issues no matter what level they are.

They just as easily could have made pvp inaccessible until level 40. At least this way you can pvp if you want at level 10. Which honestly is not recommended. But You have that freedom. Honestly you really have a lot more important things to do. I personally think that pvp before the 20's is not such a good idea for many reasons. None of which have anything to do with you being useless at level 10, but more to do with the fact that you could improve your character immensely in a very short period of time, complete needed quests and such, but I did pvp starting at level 10-15 in beta many times. Had I been working on my class quests I would have had my ship, and gotten into space missions, running daily flash points, and heroics... and been much higher lvl with much better gear for a much better pvp experience.

So having said that if you are low...level 10 and you wish to pvp why should you get anything more than bolster? No one owes you anything.. If you are a raw Army recruit and jump into a combat unit on the front lines in a major war you get no bolstering or anything like that. If you run into a unit of Russian Spetznaz and get your arse handed to you then that's life... deal with it.

I hate queues, and this game seems to have very little wait to get into PVP. I love to see low levels make themselves useful instead of whining about the inequality. One of my best matches came when a level 12 sage followed me around and healed me while I murdered anyone that came near to us. Another great match involved a level 20 vanguard that I kept up with heals and force bubbles. While we denied a console from the sith on Alderaan. We both racked up a lot of kills and Through cooperation we pretty much laid waste to the enemy and our team won the match because we all worked together.

Learn, grow, adjust, find a way to be effective and support your team meet objectives and win matches. If you are looking at the level of the people you are fighting then you probably aren't helping your team. In that case then you need to leave pvp until you have all purples and are level 50. Because you aren't going to like it when you are 50, and some guy all juiced up with artifacts kills you faster than 50's were killing you when you were level 10.

I'm Just sayin!

They just as easily could have made pvp inaccessible until level 40. At least this way you

So having said that if you are low...level 10 and you wish to pvp why should you get anything more than bolster? No one owes you anything..

In the wall of dump ***** you just dropped, i found this one the most hilarous :) haha ***!

I agree it's not a great system atm. The PvP combat itself is smooth and fun, but many of the warzones are terribly imbalanced due to the wide level discrepancy. Sure, they boost HP and DPS, but you have to take into account all the skills and abilities which are obtained at higher levels, along with gear giving bonuses to damage and crit, clickables, etc.

I've been in one-sided pvp matches in WoW, Rift, and other games, but that was typically due to team coordination and gear. I've never experienced the kind of one-sided poundings in any other game that I've seen in this one.

It's true what others have said about longer queues and such if they go with too many brackets, but how about a happy medium? 10-29, 30-49, and 50. I think something along those lines would balance things out a little while still maintaining reasonable queue times...just my opinion.

I agree it's not a great system atm. The PvP combat itself is smooth and fun, but many of the warzones are terribly imbalanced due to the wide level discrepancy. Sure, they boost HP and DPS, but you have to take into account all the skills and abilities which are obtained at higher levels, along with gear giving bonuses to damage and crit, clickables, etc.

I've been in one-sided pvp matches in WoW, Rift, and other games, but that was typically due to team coordination and gear. I've never experienced the kind of one-sided poundings in any other game that I've seen in this one.

It's true what others have said about longer queues and such if they go with too many brackets, but how about a happy medium? 10-29, 30-49, and 50. I think something along those lines would balance things out a little while still maintaining reasonable queue times...just my opinion.

i agree, but honestly. people who rush to max level in a week, cant really complain about high queue timers on a pvp battleground. and most liekly less people would rush to max level if there where brackets from the verry start.

You do realize you get buffed to have similar dps/health as the 50's right?

I'm so tired of hearing this bull. You cannot compare a level 10 wih 5 abilities and green gear to a geared out pvp gear 50 with all their abilities. Just stop with this foolishness.

At least give 50's their own queue and make the rest 1-49, even that would be retarded but better than this crap.

I KNOW that people can be competitive in pvp no matter what level they are.

Bulls, we need ATLEAST a bracket for the level 50's. I have gotten 3-4 shotted by shadow jedis and scoundrels because they are running with full champion gear. Considerable damage always triumphs over skill. There is no room for skill when you die in a few seconds or when the opponent you are facing has expertise.

To a certain point I agree that you can be competitive, a group of low levels can beat a group of 50's if they have excellent teamwork. But lets face it, how often will that happen in a PuG? Even if you win, the one getting the greater reward will be the level 50 with 9+ medals who had 0 focus on the objective. The bolstering does not fix a broken system. Stop living under the illusion that it's balanced.

To the others spitting out pointless arguments like "level up then", or "go play WoW". I have two words for you, **** YOU.

Bulls, we need ATLEAST a bracket for the level 50's. I have gotten 3-4 shotted by shadow jedis and scoundrels because they are running with full champion gear. Considerable damage always triumphs over skill. There is no room for skill when you die in a few seconds or when the opponent you are facing has expertise.

To a certain point I agree that you can be competitive, a group of low levels can beat a group of 50's if they have excellent teamwork. But lets face it, how often will that happen in a PuG? Even if you win, the one getting the greater reward will be the level 50 with 9+ medals who had 0 focus on the objective. The bolstering does not fix a broken system. Stop living under the illusion that it's balanced.

To the others spitting out pointless arguments like "level up then", or "go play WoW". I have two words for you, **** YOU.

QFT, Someone need to sticky that **** =)

Do you want more wine with your cheese? I think that bolstering is a great idea. I KNOW that people can be competitive in pvp no matter what level they are.

Stopped reading there, since you pretty much declared you know nothing about PvP. Like I keep posting, the bolstering system DOES NOT BOLSTER TALENT POINTS.

No, your level 11 sorc has no chance against my level 43 sorc, no matter how ****** you think you are. Why? because I know how to PvP, and my spec is set up in such a way to maximize damage. You dont have an insta-cast chain lighting, or even chain lightning for that matter. You dont have thunderous blast. You dont have forked lightning. You dont have the extra cc's from the bubble, and your bubble protects 20% less than mine. You have 200 points less force and zero force efficiency because you dont have force effusion. You cant stack force channeling and the alacrity relic at the same time.

If you're still thinking you have a chance when someone has so many other complimentary abilities from their class talent tree, you've been fighting bads, plain and simple, and do not in fact have some prodigy-level pvp talent.

If there were BRACKETS, then bolstering is great, and worked relatively ok in WAR, because the level and talent point disparity isnt that great. But people coming in here saying "well i own all kinds of face with my level 20, including 50's" are completely full of it, you either ganged up 4v1 vs an actual good 50 with champion gear and pretended you solo'd him, or you fought a complete terribad. Period.

Bolstering works?

The whole system is just artificially leveling all the characters to 50.

If this was an fps or something skill based, it would work. But rpg's have gear, skill-ranks, and trees.

Anyone who thinks this system is balanced is either level 50 trying to prolong their faceroll, or a level 10 who played 1 match against a non-premade and thought "oh this is fair".

Whoever came up with bolster should be promoted for coming up with the best idea ever.

- No long queues

- No twink ********

- No need to cross servers to get players for PvP. Keeps server rivalries intact.

A big hell no to brackets and twinking. I'd go back to WoW if I wanted that.

The whole system allows everyone to have fun. Will a level 10 solo a level 50?...no. Can I level 10 playing as part of team wipe the floor with a L50?...hell yeah.

The only crappy part is when a cheap guild joins as a group all at L50. That tips the balance and makes for crap game.

Edited by Hellapain