The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tired of hearing about WoW, it ruined MMOs anyways

Jroh

Ok first of all tired of hearing about WoW, this isn't WoW, shut up about WoW, if you want WoW the leave and go play it. WoW made MMOs to easy so they could make more money by getting everyone to play. There was a time when you had to actually work at a MMO and you could feel joy of the hard work and people would ohhh and ahhhh at the gear you had or trophies from Large Raids. If you doubt then go ask those who started MMOs with some of the originals like Everquest, Asherons Call etc. (any feel old school MMOers please post examples)

Yes WoW added some good features, but so did other MMOs (which WoW took ideas from, and also WoW did not have some of the great Ideas like houses and guild mansions). So in short Enough about WoW just play SWTOR or leave and quit posting gripes about How the nerfed slicing (posting is more time you waste instead of hunting and questing to make money) and quit posting about how WoW did this and WoW did that you are wasting forum space for SWTOR fans!

Ok first of all tired of hearing about WoW, this isn't WoW, shut up about WoW, if you want WoW the leave and go play it. WoW made MMOs to easy so they could make more money by getting everyone to play. There was a time when you had to actually work at a MMO and you could feel joy of the hard work and people would ohhh and ahhhh at the gear you had or trophies from Large Raids. If you doubt then go ask those who started MMOs with some of the originals like Everquest, Asherons Call etc. (any feel old school MMOers please post examples)

Yes WoW added some good features, but so did other MMOs (which WoW took ideas from, and also WoW did not have some of the great Ideas like houses and guild mansions). So in short Enough about WoW just play SWTOR or leave and quit posting gripes about How the nerfed slicing (posting is more time you waste instead of hunting and questing to make money) and quit posting about how WoW did this and WoW did that you are wasting forum space for SWTOR fans!

Im sick of people on top gear talking about the new 2012 BMW, i wish people would just leave the 1990 nissan micra alone, this isnt the BMW factory, i like my nissan micra with no power steering, airbags or abs, i like that it's as slow as a scooter and it also looks like ****.

I see what you did there, well said, DERP.

It is kind of sad that swtor got all the whiners who left wow though.

I'd say 90% of folks love the game. Most do not post on the forums. These whiners are more like the 3% who don't like TOR but feel the need to have people know how pathetic they are in real life. The other 7% just are not whiners.

Edited by Daeborn

I'd say 90% of folks love the game. Most do not post on the forums. These whiners are more like the 3% who don't like TOR but feel the need to have people know how pathetic they are in real life.

Oh wow you are the master of percents. We should have come to you first. What was I thinking? I love it when fanboys just make numbers up as if they actually know something.

You cant stop people from saying what they want on these forums. WoW is pretty much the most popular mmo out there, so obviously games from now on will learn of its success and use ideas and mechanics from WoW.

We want TOR to be better than WoW , and so we have to compare and say what needs to be done to make it better. its called feedback

For the record, anyone who compares this to wow isnt instantly a wow fanboi, i played wow at launch for about 5 years i quit over 2 years ago now, i hate wow with a passion, i also played alot of eve online, age of conan and some rift, lol, dota2 and tons of other games, i in no way ever considered myself a fanboi to any game, if a game is good i play it, it's that simple, i consider myself a hardcore gamer and ive been gaming online for well over 20 years, but i do know one thing, when wow does something right and a company like bioware doesnt copy the good, yet copies all the bad, something is wrong, so no i for one wont shut up about wow because wow done ALOT of good things aswell as alot of bad.

fact is wow got it right more so then anyone else, now go back to your bioware corner and have a cookie, goodboy.

Stop being a dinosaur and accept that mmo gaming has evolved so it can be enjoyed by the masses.

You want to "work" at a game that's meant to be a distraction from real work? Go play ultimate online or some private server with vanilla wow gameplay.

That said, I love this game so far but it'll just be a stepping stone along the way unless bioware fixes some key gameplay issues... Yes, most of which WoW fixed long ago and have become the norm.

It sure did, just look how it ruined SWTOR. Just look how heavily it borrows from WoW...

And just like WoW bored from other MMO's before it. And to respond on another post work 80+ hours a week myself and have a family. The point of MMOs was to pla D&D based games with friends and give you a game that keep going instead of spend $60.00 on a game that lasted 2 days and had no replay. Yea and I play maybe 2-3 hours every other nite and would enjoy the game if it was harder but nice try.

Never played WoW, never had an interest in playing it and glad I never did after these forums. So the comparisons don't bother me, but the WoW language needs to go. We don't have dungeons, raids or auction houses. I played a lot of CoH but I don't post about TOR having task forces, trials and Wentworths. TOR has its own terminology and people should start using it. When I see all the WoW lingo, I assume the poster is a long-time WoW player who is here because they are either bored with WoW and just looking for a new MMO or because they want WoW with lightsabers. Right or wrong, I automatically give less credibility to their posts because I assume they have a different agenda than I do for being here.

I played Everquest and FFXI and my argument has always been even back then.. I play games to relax and have fun. Not to work a second job. Modern mmo's are more of a game than work. This is the right direction IMO.

Hello everyone,

Threads in the general discussion forum should be focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ gameplay and not the community itself. This thread is off-topic so we are going to close it, but please do feel free to to make threads or join in on discussions about specific game-related topics if you like.