Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1 Day of Early Access... yay?

Jowy

how about this example. Player A preorders the same day as Player B but player B's retail ran out of preorder codes(cough gamestop) and have to wait a month for the next batch of codes. now Player A gets more days even though player B pre ordered the same day. and that sounds fair to you?

I hate to double post, but take that up with your retailer mate, not the developer of the game... If you're raging/complaining 'cause of that then expect to get nowhere.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This implies that there has to be a first in, or a last in. Every other MMO launch to date suggests otherwise. This is a choice that Bioware made, and it is a bad choice (except for people who either are already in, or don't care about playing competitively).

Bzzt, congratulations, you argued with semantics, and can now safely be ignored. "Early access" means nothing if the actions taken during the period will affect the game over the long term. People with "early access" now have effective monopoly over the market place in the game for a significant period to come.

Stop trying to argue like a weekend lawyer.

ROLL ON A NEW SERVER

geez its that simple

If I remember right, when i pre-ordered the game it says i have 5 days early access. It never mention anything that if you preorder late you'd not get 5 days early access.

I ordered yesterday and i don't care whatever they say, tomorrow is the 15 and i want to join my 5 days early, since i paid earlier to have that. Screw whoever says otherwise. We paid for it and if they do not fulfill it, them i consider it a SCAM:mad:

Edited by raysantana

If I remember right, when i pre-ordered the game it says i have 5 days early access. It never mention anything that if you preorder late you'd not get 5 days early access.

I ordered yesterday and i don't care whatever they say, tomorrow is the 15 and i want to join my 5 days early, since i paid earlier to have that. Screw whoever says otherwise. We paid for it and if they do not fulfill it, them i consider it a SCAM:mad:

You very well may get 5 days, don't get upset yet.

Hey guys,

It's come to my attention in a recent tweet by Mr. Stephen Reid, that those who pre-ordered in December or maybe even November are atm. looking at getting to early access one day before the launch. Now, personally, it wouldn't make or break my world whether I'd get to play in early access at all. But what buggers me, is how they've told us that they are letting more people in than was planned, and that everyone would get atleast 5 days to play in early access, but then when the early access actually starts, they only let in a minimal amount of players (livestreams I've watched only show 5-20 people in a zone at a time!) and then throw this new tweet at our face, that those who got the pre-order in late will probably only get one day! It's pretty much a slap in the face. And that is my problem with it. It's insulting your customer base. These people who pre-ordered late paid just as much money as those who pre-ordered earlier. Yet, their welcome to the game is Stephen Reid slapping them in the face and laughing at them. Ha-ha-ha, should have pre-ordered earlier, suckers!

While I partially acknowledge why you decided to do this, I question your methods. Is it really worth it to give everyone who pre-ordered late a very negative gaming experience right off the bat? First impressions are everything in MMO's. If you only get in 6 days later than others who pre-ordered, that's by a mile worse than having long queues for a couple of days. I understand your policy on server balancing and I am extremely happy you're taking it so seriously, but perhaps you need to take another look at the numbers and let more people in, earlier. Fact is that even the starting zones are empty. There is no denying that. Since there's really no reason to not let more people in, why not do it? If everyone were to get that five days for example, I bet the majority would come out extremely satisfied. Yet, if you push it further, it will create an outcry. People will get a very negative impression. That's just how it is, no matter how unjust it might sound.

If anyone from BioWare ever reads this, I would like to request clarification on why are you not letting more people in even though the zones are mostly empty? If there was a good reason behind it, perhaps people would be more understanding of the situation. You've been great with informing your playerbase to this point, keep up the good work :)

Heh you will be lucky to get one hour of game time, by the time the last wave hits the servers will go down to patch up for the 20th release.

I hate to double post, but take that up with your retailer mate, not the developer of the game... If you're raging/complaining 'cause of that then expect to get nowhere.

the company should had known that this was gonna be an issue so to implament a stagger ega is ********. an 11 could of forseen this coming and thats why it isnt and cant ever be fair

That would be an awesome solution, and I would totally do it.

But wait; my friends, who have started at various times in the past week, are all on a pre-destined server.

like i said thats your FAULT for not preordering when your friends did :rolleyes:

you gave yourself the disadvantage

Bioware accounted for users who want to start afresh, new servers that gets deployed as more users gets access

Edited by alrighto

That would be an awesome solution, and I would totally do it.

But wait; my friends, who have started at various times in the past week, are all on a pre-destined server.

It sucks that they didnt wait for you, but thats life really :p thats your issue with your mates, not the system

It sucks that they didnt wait for you, but thats life really :p thats your issue with your mates, not the system

Why should they have to? What a ridiculous system. You get to choose whether to play with your friends and be behind, or play without them and get the advantage? Arguing that this is appropriate is pure white knighting.

how about this example. Player A preorders the same day as Player B but player B's retail ran out of preorder codes(cough gamestop) and have to wait a month for the next batch of codes. now Player A gets more days even though player B pre ordered the same day. and that sounds fair to you?

then you should have cancelled your preorder and purchased one from another source. or you could have ordered a digital copy got the code and then cancelled that.

My son ordered from gamestop and was on the phone the very next day when his code didn't get e-mailed. After several calls and 2 days later he finally got his. I waited til after beta testing the game, since at first it looked like it was gonna be another grind feast, however the story line hooked me so I ordered after Thanksgiving beta stress test. I'll probably get in on Friday and could care less that my son is at level 20 now. The Guild we are in, we'll be at the same level in a few weeks, he got in on the second wave the first day.....alls fair.

I see how this is going, and this worries me, their 'up to # of days earlier'. When I pre-ordered, it stated '5 days early access'... all I'm saying is this... the previous two days, if you're taking those who pre-ordered right off the bat first... I have no problem with that... I was never told I'd be able to play on the 13th or 14th.... it's just a treat to those who dropped a dime without seeing the game first-hand...

However, since I did pre-order with this stating early access on the 15th, when I get home from work at Noon or so tomorrow, I had better be able to see my account is active and I am able to log in... if not, my pre-order CE is being canceled and I'll just pick up a standard copy from the store shelf...

I see how this is going, and this worries me, their 'up to # of days earlier'. When I pre-ordered, it stated '5 days early access'... all I'm saying is this... the previous two days, if you're taking those who pre-ordered right off the bat first... I have no problem with that... I was never told I'd be able to play on the 13th or 14th.... it's just a treat to those who dropped a dime without seeing the game first-hand...

However, since I did pre-order with this stating early access on the 15th, when I get home from work at Noon or so tomorrow, I had better be able to see my account is active and I am able to log in... if not, my pre-order CE is being canceled and I'll just pick up a standard copy from the store shelf...

They didn't say you'd play 5, they said you'd play up to 5 based on your pre-order time status.

I knew that, anyone purchasing the CE would too I imagine.

Plus the CE has other reasons to buy it.

Cancelling the pre-order to go buy the same game at retail makes no sense, you'll pay more with tax.

Why should they have to? What a ridiculous system. You get to choose whether to play with your friends and be behind, or play without them and get the advantage? Arguing that this is appropriate is pure white knighting.

Ok your point is this

1. You dont want to preorder when your friends did

2. They DONT want to wait for you

3. You a want a brand new server to be competitively ?

Oh please who do you think you are ?

The world doesnt revolve around you mate

if you want to play competitively you should either have preordered at the same time

go /cry somewhere else

You did not pay $5 extra dollars for early access. The game costs $59.99, you were charged $5 dollars on the day you pre-ordered and the remainder of the cost $54.99 will be charged to you on the 20th of December.

Not if you ordered through origin, then you did pay full price plus the extra $5.

just saying

It is incredibly disappointing that we are not really going to have early access (maybe couple hrs before release) Its also annoying becuase I had an issue with my pre-order code...so although I pre-ordered quite early I was not able to redeem my pre-order until recently and now I have to wait til release.

I was also under the impression that everyone who pre-ordered was going to recieve early access on the 15th. 13th and 14th people were going to get rolled in a little early.

I don't know if this has been posted or not and i don't plan on reading 60 some pages of garbage but from what i read here all of the pre-order should be in by friday. Unless more people pre-order in the month of dec then all july - dec http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16391

This gives me hope tat I could be playing by the weekend!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.