Will this game be rememered by the end of 2012?

The_Old_Empire

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game's forums remind me of WoW's ones.

But there is a difference, a big one.

On WoW's there are people which spend all their time answering to almost each and every post, always the same people. They attack whoever says anything wrong about WoW, i would call them fanboys if they actually played that game, which they don't as their whole time is spent on the forums.

I think that the same people is switching between WoW and Swtor forums.

They just denigrated with no reason Swtor over here and defend, again with no reason, WoW which is gone down the hill (not dead, it will take years for it to die and that will only be Blizzard's fault).

Swtor will be here for many years to come and will still be here when WoW will be dead, replaced by the new Blizzard's MMORPG.

This game is different in many aspects, is a new kind of MMORPG. You cannot compare it to WoW nor to any other mmporg out there.

I really would like Bioware to allow only subscribers in these forums, the same as Blizzard does about WoW. I bet that most of you would not be able to come here trolling.

This game is exactly as i knew it was going to be, that's why i bought it and that's why i got 3 months subscribed already plus my security key on its way. Few bugs are not stopping me to enjoy it and i'm having a great time, almost the same (if not more) than when i started WoW when it launched.

I know is useless to ask the Mods to ban trolls' accounts as they would make new ones.

Posting on forums should be for subscribers only...

This game's forums remind me of WoW's ones.

But there is a difference, a big one.

On WoW's there are people which spend all their time answering to almost each and every post, always the same people. They attack whoever says anything wrong about WoW, i would call them fanboys if they actually played that game, which they don't as their whole time is spent on the forums.

I think that the same people is switching between WoW and Swtor forums.

They just denigrated with no reason Swtor over here and defend, again with no reason, WoW which is gone down the hill (not dead, it will take years for it to die and that will only be Blizzard's fault).

Swtor will be here for many years to come and will still be here when WoW will be dead, replaced by the new Blizzard's MMORPG.

This game is different in many aspects, is a new kind of MMORPG. You cannot compare it to WoW nor to any other mmporg out there.

I really would like Bioware to allow only subscribers in these forums, the same as Blizzard does about WoW. I bet that most of you would not be able to come here trolling.

This game is exactly as i knew it was going to be, that's why i bought it and that's why i got 3 months subscribed already plus my security key on its way. Few bugs are not stopping me to enjoy it and i'm having a great time, almost the same (if not more) than when i started WoW when it launched.

I know is useless to ask the Mods to ban trolls' accounts as they would make new ones.

Posting on forums should be for subscribers only...

The SWG forums had people like this also. There were people that admitted that they payed their sub so that they could keep their forum privileges.

So were coming into 2012 tonight and my question to all of you is... will this game be remembered at the end of 2012?

ahahaahah ahahahaha aha aha ahahaa ha aha hahaahah

youre funny !!

wait ? that wasnt a joke ?!?

Edited by Qishari
quoted/replied to removed ocntent

January holds a new patch that will already add a new FP and new Op. Hopefully it'll add other things like Achievements and Legacy rewards that will keep the carebears busy and the servers populated.

If BioWare keeps up with frequently updating content, as opposed to Blizzards 6-8 month 5gb patch approach, then there's no real reason to assume the game will fail miserably in 2012.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the game went f2p before christmas next year. Especially with BioWare forgetting about SWTOR before, during, and a little bit after ME3's release.

Personally I think a big bug fix patch and a HUGE overhaul on general environment and ambiance (i.e. all those npcs talking, ACTUALLY TALKING, or all those animals, ACTUALLY MAKING NOISE, etc) would prove to sate people's appetites atleast for a little while.

So were coming into 2012 tonight and my question to all of you is... will this game be remembered at the end of 2012?

* In before people say end of the world 2012 *

By the end of 2012 all we'll be talking about will be The Matrix Online, Tabula Rasa and Star Wars Galaxies.

This thread is based off a situation that is extremely unlikely to occur, prior history of more favourable conditionals has not yielded a positive to speculation in question.

All games will be remembered at the end of this year, the question is extremely ill defined to have received such a cross analysis over four pages.

Of course this game will be remembered, however mentally handicapped personalities like (QQ removed via bioware, but the referential is obvious) have closer to 1 chance of vanishing from Human recollection

Edited by Harower

Odds are, TOR will be F2P by the end of the year unless Bioware does a massive overhaul, and fast, adding

• End-Game Content on a Regular Basis
  • Fixes the Ability Delay Inherently in the Game
  • Realizes that a Good Majority of the MMO Gamer Wants Good Game Play over Good Story
  • Becomes Far mor Vocal then they Are with Issues.

Anything less and this game is destined to be a 19.99 F2P title. They have another month or 2 to get it on track, or it's just going to go down in the hall of history as MMO Clone #17, with STORY!

Will the game be remembered?

No, it will be celebrated.

Will the trolls keeping on trollin'

Without doubt!

It's no different from WoW. Most people are happy and playing the game, the same bunch of haters and trolls flood the forums constantly and are a very, very vocal minority.

Ingame, I hear nothing but how amazing the game is. On the forums, it's a bunch of vitriol and BS. It's like I'm playing SWTOR, but still on the WoW general board.

Remembered? Yeah.

Played? No.

hehe a couple weeks out and I am already thinking about heading out... I dont think I can wait around 4 monthes for the to fix all the crap thats wrong... I bet blizzard is taking a big sigh of releif. Now they just have to hope GW 2 and Tera follows swtor road of destruction.