Worst Looking High Level PVP Gear EVER.

dwgagner

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say, on a whole I'm disappointed with how BH gear looks. It's sad that a lvl 40 pvp set is one of the best looking ones in the game. Even in my late level 20s I felt like I looked dumb/noobish compared to other classes around the same level.

All I can say is, thank God that RD-15A set is mod-able, because I'll likely stick with that until they get some new visually appealing gear.

Agree. BH armor design is a joke. The whole thing, helmet, chest, boots, etc looks like some clown armor. What was Bioware thinking? The Sith classes look cool. The bounty Hunters look like tools.

I currently have a helmet that makes me look like a bug with many eyes. REALLY? Is that suppose to look cool or be useful somehow?

Seriously, im going on battlemaster and its just amazingly disappointing.

Eliminator gets 2 skins for the most part, however super commando gets stuck with the same annoying one.

The armor looks so bad and its all the same for the most part.

Sadly though BH isn't the only class like this, I really hope they do a revamp for the PVP gears, or fix the mod system and let us rip out the expertise and set bonus.

Edited by BendakStarkiller

Tbh it's not only the BH gear that looks crap, but most of the classes. BW repeatedly claimed that there are hundreds of armor sets in the game, too bad all the poor ones are from pvp. They don't feel like combat at all, more like circus.

I can't even begin to imagine what they were thinking when they designed most of the armor sets in this game.

It seems like the sets are either really good looking or so horrible you would rather jab out your eyeballs than have to look at it for any period of time.

On top of all that, every class has a ton of recycled armor designs 1-50.

After much contemplation I've decided which BH sets are acceptable in the higher level of play (endgame, lvl 50 etc)

Tier 3 PVP Battlemaster set. Possibly one of, if not, the best looking set we have. Between this set and the PVE eliminator set, its hard to say which is best.

Tier 1 Columi PVE Eliminator set. One of the better looking Mando type suits, a mando helm with a smaller mohawk. This Helm can look fantastic with several other body gear choices.

Ciridium BH set. This set is the one that resembles Boba Fett. You get the pants from finishing your class quests. This set looks fantastic if you want to look like Boba Fett.

Elite Corpseman or powertech variant (red/blue) set. This is the set for mid/late 40's.

Tier 1 and 2 PVP can look okay with the right set up, but I think the sets as a whole when all worn together look horribad.

All I can say is, thank God that RD-15A set is mod-able, because I'll likely stick with that until they get some new visually appealing gear.

I've got the RD-14A chest part from the Tatooine Commendation vendor but where do you get the other slots? Same with the RD-15A. Chest from Taris Commendations but the rest?

Edited by karcyon

It forces you to make the choice between looking how you want and taking a hit on armor stats or having the best gear and looking like a clown.

If only their was moddable items we could wear so that we could choose how we look.

Why the hell did they choose the worst looking BH set from Beta to be the champ and centurian pvp armor sets? They look absolutely HORRID on any body shape other than the big burly shape.

It looks like I'm wearing a cardboard box with chicken legs on my small size dude...

Shouldn't the high level gear look more mandalorian... Hell the level 50 blue pvp set looks better.

If they implement a way to use other items in appearance slots I don't care but for now this is so dumb, could of at least chose the old pyro set that is now a PVE raid set, :(.

I mean imo there should be mods with +expertise so we can just mod our own stuff to be pvp geared. Even if you had to pay a lot of coms for them I'd rather do that.

Anyway... I mean look for yourself,

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/367/pvpreally.jpg

-disappointed BH.

I'd rather gimp myself stat wise and wear green armor that looks good.

Yeah, I absolutely hate the level 50 PVP sets. A huge fin, whale (and a pinapple whale) or the alien species from Independence Day looking helmets. I just want something simple and with more variation, like the blue Mando armour or the one Rally Master Kelborn wears. With the same stats as the hideous armour sets.

We also need variation. The models and textures are already used by NPCs! Mobs have much more variation than us! How hard is it to use the textures used by Tarro Blood/Shae Vizla/Ironfist etc for, say, the models of the two level 40 PVP sets and add them in as the same but with different colours? They are moddable and can be used at level 50 without a major detraction of stats. Looking the same with any sets doesn't help.

Please give us a choice between the elaborate, overly ornate (in the bad sense) and limited ugly armours and the very simple but cool ones! We all prefer different looks. In my opinion, simple is more. Boba Fett wore simple armour, after all, and not many bounty hunters top him in good looks.

Yes...

I completely agree this is unacceptable it looks like i skinned a nerf and wrapped my armor in it. I wouldn't be so upset but then i saw that the eliminator set (merc) had the shiny black which is not so bad, while my combat tech (PT) has the worst helmet i've ever seen and a lame color sceme.

The sad thing is that SWTOR is up against 2 other major games WoW and GW2. WoW now has transmog so you can change your appearance and GW2 lets you change your looks with ANY ITEM YOU HAVE HAD and YOU CAN DYE YOUR ARMOR!!! this game couldn't even pull together color matching. Bioware welcome to 2012 these features are expected and should be standard. Even Rift had dyeing and item changing. Unacceptable from a Triple-A multimillion dollar title from EA/Bioware

Get your act together. I had been planning to play this game and GW2 because it doesn't have a sub but i can tell you right now if Bioware doesn't started fixing the insane amount of bugs and put some common sense into this game and add a proper end game im gone without looking back.

/rantoff

The easiest fix to this issue across the board is give us an appearance tab where we can slot gear for appearance purposes only and wear whatever we want for the stats. LOTRO did this and it worked fine, allows us to not all look the same and gives another thing for people do to by collecting sets for appearance.

^ This ^

Mod system is something they put instead of broken and immearse killing "appearance tab" system.

Also BW is working on fixing 50 lvl mod gear, they already said they are working on some kind of "set matching colour to gear" system like in beta etc.

And ofcourse They also already said that there will be operation level raid mods, wchich Ull be able to insert to orange gear.

Its only a matter of time till expertise mods will be implemented.

BTW Every one is posting those low res, crappy quality pics from Ctrl+right click"show room" window, actual armour look waybetter in hi res.

Edited by Gunthr