There's a valid reason why people are upset...

Esaru

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its weird.

I thought I would be hanging out to play SWTOR, but friends have turned up and staying for a few days.

We been having a blast going out, lots food and drink.

Luckily my early access has not come through, but my mind is not fixated on the game.

I was surprised when I checked all the server status is low, guess is just the time.

But for New Zealand and Australians this time is perfect.

They need let more EA Aussies and New Zealanders in game.

After 12 years of MMO and good deal of launch, the thing that each time amazes me is how eager ppl are to saw the branch they are sitting on or will be sitting on !!!

>Troll 1 : ***, give me my EA now !!!!

> Troll tamer : Hmm why now, can't you wait like everyone ?

> Troll 1 : NAAHHHHHHH, i want to be lvl 50 before official launch so i can be the first (choose):

1. Lvl 50 on the server
  2. to kill xxxxxxxxxx
  3. to complete this mission

> Troll tamer : and the first one also to complain about the lack of content at lvl 50 ? ;) Anyway lvl 50 in 5 days, probably not that easy ... how do you plan to do that ?

> Troll 1 : Easy skip all the animation and dialogs, chain FP with higher lvl friend who PL me ... that's it !! MUAHAHH :D

> Troll tamer : hmm ... why did you choose SWTOR ?

> Troll 1 : I love the lore !!

> Troll tamer : :confused:

You also have the PVP variant where the player will do the same to be able to gank the newbes !! He actually discovers that he has 2 arms and while he's sawing the branch he's sitting on and ruin his future pleasure, he can also saw the branch of the player next to him and spoil HIS pleasure.

Nerf dual wielding Trolls for the sake of all ...

It's a situation similar to a few fellows in my country. They say something like "if you buy this 40" tv we'll give you an android phone (till we got on store)".

You go there, you buy it and from the first second of promotion they say "Ops, sorry our store is already empty we can't give you your bonus".

See the fact from this point, imho can make your vision really different.

If they tell you that they're handing out free add-ons to a purchase until supplies last, what else would you expect? That their supply is infinite and that you should get it no matter how late you are?

After 12 years of MMO and good deal of launch, the thing that each time amazes me is how eager ppl are to saw the branch they are sitting on or will be sitting on !!!

>Troll 1 : ***, give me my EA now !!!!

> Troll tamer : Hmm why now, can't you wait like everyone ?

> Troll 1 : NAAHHHHHHH, i want to be lvl 50 before official launch so i can be the first (choose):

1. Lvl 50 on the server
  2. to kill xxxxxxxxxx
  3. to complete this mission

> Troll tamer : and the first one also to complain about the lack of content at lvl 50 ? ;) Anyway lvl 50 in 5 days, probably not that easy ... how do you plan to do that ?

> Troll 1 : Easy skip all the animation and dialogs, chain FP with higher lvl friend who PL me ... that's it !! MUAHAHH :D

> Troll tamer : hmm ... why did you choose SWTOR ?

> Troll 1 : I love the lore !!

> Troll tamer : :confused:

You also have the PVP variant where the player will do the same to be able to gank the newbes !! He actually discovers that he has 2 arms and while he's sawing the branch he's sitting on and ruin his future pleasure, he can also saw the branch of the player next to him and spoil HIS pleasure.

Nerf dual wielding Trolls for the sake of all ...

You know on one side I just hope for them to saw their own branch off so that they can leave at the end of the 30 days for 'lack of content' or any other trolling of their choice.

Will make the experience all the more fun and kevin free.

If they tell you that they're handing out free add-ons to a purchase until supplies last, what else would you expect? That their supply is infinite and that you should get it no matter how late you are?

Agree. Except for the fact that if is the product is out of stock since the first second of promotion, it's a fraud.

Actually people pay extra for pre-order i can buy swtor without it and get it cheapier by prorder money but i can play since 20th, so those tires are not really for free....

Pre-order fee is a down payment, deducted from the full price you'll pay at purchase.

Seriously, how difficult is this concept? Because half the forum population seems to have huge trouble understanding it.

Pre-order fee is a down payment, deducted from the full price you'll pay at purchase.

Seriously, how difficult is this concept? Because half the forum population seems to have huge trouble understanding it.

You're wrong. The 5 euros of preorder is what you're paying for early access. THe mistake is not of the ones who believe they're paying more, the mistake is of the ones who thinks that early access grants a free game till 20 december.

A lot of people here seem to be kids and half of those are skipping school right now so they can press F5 all day and face plant their faces into keyboards typing out rage on the forums. And your surprised that basic understanding is lacking?

Edited by ShinnyZero

i wish they would kick everyone who got access today off and get all new people for tomorrow so all those calling us who didnt get in cry babies a chance to feel our frustrations.

then we can say yeah well they said up to 7 days early and you got your 1 day early access a hole see ya on the 20th

i wish they would kick everyone who got access today off and get all new people for tomorrow so all those calling us who didnt get in cry babies a chance to feel our frustrations.

then we can say yeah well they said up to 7 days early and you got your 1 day early access a hole see ya on the 20th

See you back here the day after your EGA is revoked.

Edited by ShinnyZero

It's not because of staggered access. We all knew it was going to be like this. We just didn't know how. And now that we're seeing how it's playing out, it's not surprising people are angry.

Bioware finished their fifth wave of invites at 2pm today. Not only is this obscenely early, but none of the servers are even close to being near any sort of 'stress test' point. 95% of them are light and standard.

THIS is why people are mad. Again, not because it's staggered access - um hello, we knew that already. It's because Bioware simply did not do enough to bring in as many people as they could. Instead they've pussyfooted around and are playing it WAY too safe in my opinion. The servers right now are practically DEAD because there's not enough people there. This potentially bodes that the whole head-start process is going to be extremely slow-going, with the possibility of not even having everyone in by release. I'm honestly not surprised this doesn't rub people the right way. There's no reason it should

You have absolutely ZERO clue how many BioWare let in, so stop pretending you do.

I don't believe anyone reached level 50 in a few hours, the warzone exploit isn't that amazing. Maybe level 20-25.

People are in the upper 20's that are streaming and playing legit. By the 20th they will be 50. They might be 50 in 2-3 days.

Bioware: "gratz guys, heres +2 extra ea days"

But it's not. Stephen Reid aka Rockjaw told someone who pre-ordered in Dec that they'll get 1 day early access. If this were right, then everyone would have 3 days (1 from original plan + 2 super-fun-bonus days). That's not going to happen.

I don't believe anything I read about this game from the developers since the "grace period...no grace period" fiasco. I can't trust these devs any more.

It's not just about server capacity it's about the starter areas. I'm sure Bioware didn't want the entire server capacity running around 4 zones. They let in what they felt like would be enough for each starter zone imo.
Starter areas, like any area of the game, will create a new instances of themself if overpopulated.

What's the point about sending early access mails on a period between 18/19 december? As many others said, actually only a part of the users used their early access, even if they received the mail.

So, if the game starts on 20, if you send other invites on 18/19, many other pre orders people will start on 20.

And what's the convenience? Servers will be REALLY overcharged. Not like now that there are nearly 10 ppl for each EU server.

And what will happen if servers on 20 will be overcharged because of the "standard users" + the preorders one invited on 18/19?

In that case we'll read anymore posts of "bioware moderators wannabe" defending a really strange policy?

The empty servers don't provide a good baseline?

Considering that all those that they've invited are most likely not on all at the same time, especially not now considering the time of day and day of the week, no it's not.

Edited by Runeshard

Back a while ago, there was dev discussion (don't have link) that one of their big concerns was overcrowding starting areas. They wanted to spread out levels so everyone wasn't camping the same mobs/bosses. I can remember when Rift started and how bad it was to find mobs to quest kill to level at first. It was a complete zoo. Dozens of people crowding quest givers. People fighting over mobs.

I can see their point. I do agree that they could have set up a schedule and sent emails out to everyone on Monday telling them their start date. For a disclaimer, they could state that it's subject to change though. At least people could have planned their sick days.

Rely? i was in the early start for Rift and i had no problems. Some crowding at the start could be a lot worse for a more story driven game though i suppose.

they lost me and my husband as costumers. not only we won't subscribe for this game, but we don't intend to buy any games in the future from EA.

we will buy ME3 next year , but you bet we won't dare to preorder ever again.

Edited by Ariadna

they lost me and my husband as costumers. not only we won't subscribe for this game, but we don't intend to buy any games in the future from EA.

we will buy ME3 next year , but you bet we won't dare to preorder ever again.

You didn't get in on day 1 of early access and so you're canceling... When did you pre-order, if you don't mind me asking. Did you expect to get in day 1?