There's a valid reason why people are upset...

Esaru

/golfclap

I can tell you when the plans I draw up aren't to my client's liking ... no matter similar they are to their wishes ... I end up eating mud. Not ignoring them and locking their threads.

Do you have close to a million clients, a large portion of which act like spoiled children?

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know they let so few people in.

That kind of bums me out. I didn't get my code until a week ago (but I preordered in November), so it looks like I'll get barely any early access time at all.

Yeah, it's nice they started so early, and they didn't have to do early access, but I pre-ordered specifically to get in before launch, and it kind of cheeses me that it wont matter that I did.

Oh well. :(

I think u still get 4-5 days, I ordered it at 27th of nov if I remember correctly. And I may have to wait a good 5-7 days till I get my Retail copy from amazon. Since I am in australia and all.

Many of us, go to bed sad today.

BIOWARE dont send the invitation code.

I think Bioware was not prepared for this and the situation surpassed Them.

But always are a a new dawn and we don’t lose the hope that maybe tomorrow we are lucky, and we can be together in the game :)

GL all tomorrow whit a mail.....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150430269829053&set=a.10150094014594053.274639.630969052&type=1&theater

I am far from a fanboy but I completely agree with how this is being done.

If things continue to go as smoothly as they went today they will be able to say they had the largest, smoothest launch in MMO history.

This is not a server stress test it is a launch. They are trying to provide as smoothe of an experience as they possibly can, not jamming as many as they can on at once and see how it goes.

Not packing the servers was the smartest thing they could have done.

This whining and complaining is just sad and trivial.

You missed what i said completely. I am totally fine if someone outplayed me. The issue is if they had a unfair advantage like getting access before me that made it so they could. Not having a level playing field is a big issue. Very few people got the advantage today's early access people received.

Again. Even if you and another player started on the same day (at the same time), if he played twice as much as you and was a much higher level and had better gear his advantage would have nothing to do with "who started first" because you started playing at the same time. Thats the point. Its different from player to player, not everyone who got into early access today is super hardcore "I need to power level to 50 right meow" type of player.

I have day 1 early access, I am a casual player, people who get early access on day 4 or 5 will mostly likely pass me. Simply because someone has early access doesn't really mean anything.

/golfclap

I can tell you when the plans I draw up aren't to my client's liking ... no matter similar they are to their wishes ... I end up eating mud. Not ignoring them and locking their threads.

Oh right, well that seems to be a great idea. Did you think of why they did it like this? Imagine having how many people trying to log in a fill newb areas? IT WOULD NEVER WORK! EVER! Smarten up guy. You think a bunch of idiots yelling on the net are going to get them to let everyone in at once and have a massive clusterfuk. Honest to god.

I'm not really mad, I pre-ordered December 5th so I assumed I would have less of a head start than the first pre-orders. I just assumed they'd be a lot more efficient at it, didn't expect it to be this slow

Nice i pre orderd a weak ago. All i hope for is servers dont crash and i get in because they let a **** ton of people in. But i think it will be the 15th for me, but i was thinking 19 before they announced to extra days

It's not because of staggered access. We all knew it was going to be like this. We just didn't know how. And now that we're seeing how it's playing out, it's not surprising people are angry.

Bioware finished their fifth wave of invites at 2pm today. Not only is this obscenely early, but none of the servers are even close to being near any sort of 'stress test' point. 95% of them are light and standard.

THIS is why people are mad. Again, not because it's staggered access - um hello, we knew that already. It's because Bioware simply did not do enough to bring in as many people as they could. Instead they've pussyfooted around and are playing it WAY too safe in my opinion. The servers right now are practically DEAD because there's not enough people there. This potentially bodes that the whole head-start process is going to be extremely slow-going, with the possibility of not even having everyone in by release. I'm honestly not surprised this doesn't rub people the right way. There's no reason it should

OP has it right. Kudos to you. This is exactly how I feel.

So tell me, why not add more people until there were more 'medium' servers to see the effect? Why stop at 2pm? Are you getting it yet?

Because Bioware needs to monitor how active they are.

I like how you believe that BioWare didn't consider what you proposed

Like BioWare is full of a bunch of bumbling idiots, and they're just waiting for you to guide them

Yes, that's it. Bioware has been in the video game business for 20 years but appearantly, forum posters know how to do it better

I thought I procrastinated worse than I actually did. I pre ordered August 20th.

So, here's hoping sooner than later.

It does amaze me, that they are halting invites etc, with server loads at light- standard. Like..wt F is that crap?

They are playing it way too safe.

Edited by Your_dominus

/golfclap

accept you arent their client, a customer yes, but you dont have reserved time from them, nor a service tailored to your liking.. get over yourselves.

you pay fees and costs like everyone else. they serve all of you, but dont answer to any single one of you alone.

you by buying the game early were informed of its release date. they dont have to give you jack before then. but they are granting you access earlier than the release date in a time frame of their choosing.

even if they told you the precise day/time you will gain access somebody will find issue with it, nobody will be happy until they get to play. many will prolly still be unhappy even after that

It's not because of staggered access. We all knew it was going to be like this. We just didn't know how. And now that we're seeing how it's playing out, it's not surprising people are angry.

Bioware finished their fifth wave of invites at 2pm today. Not only is this obscenely early, but none of the servers are even close to being near any sort of 'stress test' point. 95% of them are light and standard.

THIS is why people are mad. Again, not because it's staggered access - um hello, we knew that already. It's because Bioware simply did not do enough to bring in as many people as they could. Instead they've pussyfooted around and are playing it WAY too safe in my opinion. The servers right now are practically DEAD because there's not enough people there. This potentially bodes that the whole head-start process is going to be extremely slow-going, with the possibility of not even having everyone in by release. I'm honestly not surprised this doesn't rub people the right way. There's no reason it should

O ypu do know that there 5 -ish more days of invites right? soon they start on popular name sever to right high loads. it also amke sence they slowly ramp up so starting areas not flooded for starting poeple and some older players on to help newer ones.

you rather that invited a ton of poeple now, amxed out and keep inviting poeple till the sever overload, go laggy and has ton of errors?

Edited by DarkCarnage

I think u still get 4-5 days, I ordered it at 27th of nov if I remember correctly. And I may have to wait a good 5-7 days till I get my Retail copy from amazon. Since I am in australia and all.

I hope so, but Stephen Reid tweeted something today that makes it seem unlikely.

@snatat123 You'll still get Early Game Access; at least a day.

A day is a day, and it's still a head start, but it still bums me out a bit, I guess.