Going back to AoC after 30days.

vacuna

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just laughed so hard....Dx10 in beta? dx11 is out...Dreamworld was overhauled.. ( lets see any other game developer take their time to do that!) I ran dual GPu's just fine with AoC...

You havent played the game in the last year, so you points a null.

Thank you come again.

Now I have tired the game and

Texture problems with dual graphics card still in game.

Shader problems with AMD graphics card still in game.

Shadow problems with dual graphics card still in game.

Game still has NO support for super high resolution.

One thing I can't test is if the game splits the load on dual graphics card. Simply because I can max out the game running around in tortage with steady 60 fps. If I could make it to aquilonia I could probably try it. But right now I don't feel like leveling up to do that.

Here is a screenshot from the game.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7114232/AoC%20Test.jpg

If you look at the face of the fat black guy you can see that he has a mirror image next to him. This is because the game engine does not handle volumetric smoke that good.

And observe the nameplate. As you can see there is still no fix for people with super high resolution.

So yes I assume NOTHING major has changed since November so I doubt they have added the missing support for CF / SLI they have been missing since they announced the DX10 beta.

So there you go. You have not played the game the last 10 minutes so you points a null.

Thank you come again.

Edited by Marmerus

Age of Conan, is by far, the single worst game. I have ever seen played or had to be a **** victim of....

They set my expectations so high, and then took my money beat me over the head and refused to give it back to me. And then as I lay there defeated, decided to **** me....

This thread is invalid because it supports a ******.

[iBTL] Closed? How heavy handed is that? Why not move it to the off-topic forum? Oh wait... Why isn't there an off-topic forum?

edit: or maybe not.. do they only lock GW2 threads for being OT?

Edited by Vihazur

I actually liked the combat in AoC a lot more than in SWTOR, but after I got past Tortage... well... that's a pretty famous punchline already. I will definitely be trying out the secret world though.

Yeah I will give TSW a shot too, just not expecting much now that EA had to put their hand in the cookie jar.

Sometimes, I wonder if we as gamers just expect too much or the games are just really slacking.

Edited by Tiaa

Not enough endgame? They give you offlines to help you get there! Its the best part!

I know for a fact anyone who says "not enough end-game" Doesnt have a full quipped t3 avatar.

I've played for 4 years and just have one in full t3! (the rest in full t2)

So lets see how much it offers end-game wise compared to swtor...

6man dungeons- and a ****load of them!

t1 (about 3 raids)

t2(3 raids)

t3 (1 raid)

t4 ( ??)

Now as you can see, just t1-t3 is 7 raids. How many swtor got? t4 which has been in the game for quit sometime, only ONE guild has got (2) Bosses down. (europ has more but they're europeans!)

Clearly you know nothing about the end game in conan.

Thanksssssssss

Have you considered that the reason so few have completed this "awesome" end game raiding content could be because only 5 people still play the game.

Just saying...

Sometimes, I wonder if we as gamers just expect too much or the games are just really slacking.

The last 10 years games and especially PC games has been lacking in quality. Top games like BF3 feels like a early beta compared to normal console games.

If you take for an example a top console game like Uncharted 3 and compare it with a top PC games even by blizzard there is a big difference in terms of quality for the finished product.

This isn't a troll post, So stop right there.

Ok I believe you, you are not trolling.

Well its back to the land where pvp is great

Troll.

Seriously though, AoC PVP great?

AoC died because most people were moaning about the PVP which was meant to be the gripe of the game especially siedges, but instead players starting playing it, in manners that designers did not wish for (With all that ridiculous sneaking and imbalancement), and no, AoC is not doing well at all like some people is suggesting here, a good friend of mine who worked in there until a few months ago told me some horror stories about the general mood in the team, and pretty much all "serious" artists and developers have left, leaving behind only those who cannot or do not want to find a new/better job.

Edited by Black_Rabbit

Looks like Blizzard is the only company which never releases completly messed up crap, it's more a decision if you like the way it goes or not but it's always flawless.

This was a joke, right?

Oh, maybe you weren't there for WoW's launch and are being serious.

Edited by Maggok

AoC is a great game, but its pretty much dead now. Funcom was too bad with changeind, fixing and updating the game, so while the graphics, combat e.t.c are all superb - the game passed its period of popularity and all guilds moved on.

And while i still love AoC PvP for example, i dont see any reason to play the game and am here instead...

Ok I believe you, you are not trolling.

Troll.

Seriously though, AoC PVP great?

AoC died because most people were moaning about the PVP which was meant to be the gripe of the game especially siedges, but instead players starting playing it, in manners that designers did not wish for (With all that ridiculous sneaking and imbalancement), and no, AoC is not doing well at all like some people is suggesting here, a good friend of mine who worked in there until a few months ago told me some horror stories about the general mood in the team, and pretty much all "serious" artists and developers have left, leaving behind only those who cannot or do not want to find a new/better job.

You didnt have a friend in development. Lies... Aoc is doing fine, actually quite good. Lets just say, they have 300,000 subs ( which f2p did bring) @ 10$ a month thats 3mill a month JUST for subs. Not including everyone that drops 50$ on the shop.

So lets say 50k players have spend 50$ on conan, that alone is 2.5mill

Those guys are swimming in money, why? They own rights to their game, not having to pay for *cough* licesene cost. (i'm look at you big GA)