The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Overall game population, do you guys think the game will last?

Sech

Swtor is not for everyone. Tell your doctor about the other medicinal games you're playing. People also prescribed to WoW should not take Swtor. Side effects may include decreased appetite, dry mouth, sweating, nausea, constipation, sexual side effects, tremors, sleepiness......

Yes. The game will be fine.

Lol...I love it :D Very nice.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

servers will be half dead when the 30 free days period ends.

i am already thinking about to go back to wow.

never wanted to play wow again but i guess i will now.

i am sick of watching buggy ****games getting sold on market.

and blizzard is the only company which cares to have working content prior to release.

Edited by squiek

Besides that a lot of this stuff you guys are complaining about can and will be fixed, added to.

WoW had no level 60 content at release besides Upper black rock spire, and PVP in hillsboro or whatever it was called.

THAT WAS IT!

You can't compare WoW at launch to TOR at launch.

WoW at launch = 2004

TOR at launch = 2011

The Post-Cataclysm WoW is what people compare TOR to because that is what is available right now. There is Post-Cata WoW or Vanilla TOR. If Vanilla TOR is the equivilant to Vanilla WoW from 7 years ago, what do you think people are going to play? That is why MMOs are constantly having more and more content as the older MMOs age and add even more content regularly.

Edited by lucazzy

Eh. We all knew that the "largest MMO launch in history" would decline in population soon after...when all those pampered and spoiled people coming from certain popular MMOs realize that this game isnt showering them in everything they want, they will leave and talk about how "crappy" it is. While i find that TOR gives quite a bit in terms of gear, i found my play experience to be pretty slow and worthwhile to the point that none of that mattered.

People seem to forget one thing. The reason why you see whine threads from people either trolling or being clueless is because those normal people usually tend to play the game instead of hanging on forums most of the time.

I. E. people who love or like the game play, they usually dont go write about it on the forums. There is like over a million people who are able to log in here and write what they want about the game and there is like 50-100 whine threads.

Anything else would only prove a disfunctional forum.

I think the game will last as long as Bioware wants it to last. 10 years or so. Its been the smoothest mmo launch and the one that has been most polished upon release so I can only see it go one way.

98% of the feedback on stuff people feel are wrong with the game the devs are aware of and 90% of those again they allready stated its going to be fixed soon or in the future.

The problem for any MMO is people who dont have an understand how MMOs work. Its like seeing people getting into the newest Lamborghini car and saying "damn it, where is my music? Where the heck is my LCD screen and my laptop in here?"

People also need to realize that people in general want so much different from these mmos. Some want more end game content, and some want more end game content. Some people want to be able to use addons, and some people came to this game because there is no addons.

People will be let down ALWAYS and there will be whining ALWAYS.

What cracks me up recently are people who spent 4 days on getting to level 50 on like the 18th of Desember and are whining because there is not world pvp in Illum or whine about the end game content.

The pattern has been long established now. Huge numbers at release, then 25-50% of the player flock back to their previous MMO. It's up to BW to patch and improve the game to sustain and grow numbers. The only MMO to do a decent job of it since WoW released is Rift in my opinion.

Bioware did many things well but they also did many things poorly with this game for launch. I'm not gonna beat a dead horse by listing them all, good or bad. I do feel if they keep doing the things they did well, add new content and fix the things the things they did poorly on (the major ones) in a timely manner the game will be fine. If they don't do both in a timely manner, then no I don't the game will do fine. We as gamers are notoriously picky,demanding, entitled and selfish. If our expectations aren't met or exceeded we will simply go away. Especially when we PAY for a game. It's a cold hard fact and one I'm sure Bioware is aware of.

Bioware did many things well but they also did many things poorly with this game for launch. I'm not gonna beat a dead horse by listing them all, good or bad. I do feel if they keep doing the things they did well, add new content and fix the things the things they did poorly on (the major ones) in a timely manner the game will be fine. If they don't do both in a timely manner, then no I don't the game will do fine. We as gamers are notoriously picky,demanding, entitled and selfish. If our expectations aren't met or exceeded we will simply go away. Especially when we PAY for a game. It's a cold hard fact and one I'm sure Bioware is aware of.

I think you should list them again. Because I cant see what they did wrong. The EGA was a stroke og genious on their part.

Why add new content now? Only 0.1% of the players have seen the end game content at this moment.

I think you should list them again. Because I cant see what they did wrong. The EGA was a stroke og genious on their part.

Why add new content now? Only 0.1% of the players have seen the end game content at this moment.

I'll stay away from the major game bugs...because those are issues that were not anticipated and therefore not something BW would know to add/address prior to or after launch (although it should be noted..we submitted bug reports in Beta that many of the current bugs were about...they just had other priorities it seems)

An applicable LFG tool (either expand the current one, or introduce a new one)

Character combat responsiveness in both PVE and PVP

Better AI for Companions (like khem getting in your way all the time..)

Bracketing for PVP

Increase in server Pop levels

Customizable UI option (as in being able to move windows/quick bars around)

Optional voice chat platform (although some players use Vent..its still convinent to have an in-game one)

Revision of GTN search functionality

SW/JK Class revision (DPS or Def changes v rage accumulation)

CC resolve revision for PVP

Those seem the largest issues I've either brought up, or have seen posted by various players. Again minus the major bugs, because those weren't technically anticipated.

You cant compare swtor release to wow release it was like 8 years ago, there was no concept of what an MMO was. Blizzard invented it

Swtor has had all the time, all the money, and the experience of an 8 year old genre to get s**t right. People are pissed off because despite this we have been shafted, yet again, with an incompetent gaming company delivering a 300 million dollar disaster.

You cant compare swtor release to wow release it was like 8 years ago, there was no concept of what an MMO was. Blizzard invented it

Swtor has had all the time, all the money, and the experience of an 8 year old genre to get s**t right. People are pissed off because despite this we have been shafted, yet again, with an incompetent gaming company delivering a 300 million dollar disaster.

It's a trap!!!

The game will last, but it's not the next WoW. Hell, even if the issues some people have with it were fixed it still would not be the next WoW.

Some will go back to WoW. Others will anxiously wait for the next MMO. I myself am anxiously awaiting The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, and The World of Darkness.

Then you have others that only bought the game because it was a Bioware Star Wars game and they only ever planned on subscribing long enough to "beat" the game.

Edited by IceManLoneWolf

Swtor is not for everyone. Tell your doctor about the other medicinal games you're playing. People also prescribed to WoW should not take Swtor. Side effects may include decreased appetite, dry mouth, sweating, nausea, constipation, sexual side effects, tremors, sleepiness......

Yes. The game will be fine.

LOL this made me laugh. You forgot a few disclaimers though.

Consult your doctor to make sure your heart is strong enough for swtor. Be adviced that poor player performance can lead to group wipes whcih may in turn lead to heart attacks, stroke and even death.

players should seek immediate medical attention if they experience Nerd Rage lasting more than four hours.

That's all I got. Happy New Year.

Will the game last? It probably will.

Will it become the new WoW? Probably not, simply because there won't be another WoW ever. WoW is the kind of product that came out on the right time in history.

Just like there will never be another Beatles, Rolling Stones, Vanilla-Metallica, Nirvana or whatever band changed the world music-wise.

It's just a matter of luck and if the world is ready for it.