Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Blackk

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the camp that says he was a probable botter, but I thought I'd clear up a misunderstanding on his part.

The reddit thread says that Illum is intended for level 50 characters and that this is clearly communicated in game. The phrase "that by ignoring these warnings" is a reference to the in game information about the planet.

At no point in time does the email say he received a warning from customer service.

If he was indeed botting though, then he pretty much deserved it regardless of a warning or not. Botting is never okay in any MMO I've played.

Geez people, were you born last night? Ever consider that the OP is only giving you part of the whole story maybe? Perhaps there was some foul play going on with said players; thus, leading to their being banned. Remember kids, take what you read on the internet with a grain of salt.

This...

So we aren't allowed to explore the game?

Lol.

so he was warned and continuted to do it anyway

Are people just pretending they can't read or....? Is this the future?

Where in that post did you see that he was warned?

Where is the word "warned" at all?

Edited by Tiaa

That sounds good to say, but it's not practical. If they can't ban them for abusing something they have said not to do it leaves them two choices.

1) Allow them to continue abusing it until a fix is implemented, causing more and more damage to the economy or player balance.

2) Shut the servers down until a fix is implemented.

Do you like either of those?

1) They did that with slicing.

2) If it is game breaking enough, then yes.

That would be ridiculous if they warned and banned everyone who used slicing before then but regardless if I got that warning then I would stop slicing and have 0 sympathy for those who got banned.

I would still be irritated at the fact they had slicing in game and we couldn't use it, but I would have no right to get upset at a ban if I ignored a warning.

Everyone playing this game signed an agreement. You have the right to shut up and do what the admins tell you. You have a right to be angry and voice that anger on this forums if you feel they are unjustified, but you do not have a right to just ignore what they say, and if you do, then you need to be banned. Every time. In every situation. Period. End of story. No if ands or buts about it.

How can you seriously take this guy's word knowing that he prettymuch lied to you when he made his initial post without mentioning he received a warning and even complained about not knowing it would get him banned.

For all we know he was running around behind a level 50 who did all the work for him stealing all the quest objectives and security chests, and got a warning because that would be harassment.

How incredibly illogical. Just because we signed an agreement stating they could revoke our ability to play at their discretion doesn't mean they can abuse it. That clause is in there to protect them, not allow them to control how the game is played.

"Anyone entering a flashpoint will be banned".

lolwut? I guess we have to just deal with it now, right? Absolutely not. Anyone arguing otherwise is not being a reasonable person. Yes, they can revoke our ability to play because we signed the agreement, but that doesn't make mean that should ban someone for doing something within the parameters of the games rules. There was no hacking, glitching, or cheating.

Lol.

Making a alt of the opposite faction and bringing him to Ilum to capture a point and then logging back onto your main and recapping for PVP purposes is not allowed.

Lol.

Making a alt of the opposite faction and bringing him to Ilum to capture a point and then logging back onto your main and recapping for PVP purposes is not allowed.

Lol.

I have no clue what you are talking about and have no idea what that has to do with the original topic.

Lol.

You can explore. You are not allowed to exploit though.

You can go to Ilum as soon as you get your ship, and explore the whole planet, that's authorized. But if you exploit the PvP objectives with a low level opposite faction character, then you will be banned.

I am a loyal fan of BW, and I don't think for one minute that they would start throwing the banhammer around for users entering a planet which is higher than the level they are like Ilum.

Now if the real reason is because they was exploiting on the named planet then good riddance because we don't want this crap happening in the game.

I have no clue what you are talking about and have no idea what that has to do with the original topic.

Well then you don't obviously know how to read, or you are just here to try and lie and justify yourself. But, that is pretty hard now when there is a video that has proof of why you fools were actually banned.

http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=663

Nice try though.

I don't get it, what am I seeing (apart from Lv 14s bashing eachother) ?

You gain pvp currency by capping bases, and pvp itself means little to nothing. What these people were doing were using a low-level alt to cap bases, then they would use their main characters to take the base back. Essentially, you can gain way more pvp currency by trading bases rather than fighting. If you kill all the enemies, there will be no more bases to cap, resulting in no currency.

Edit: what's happening in this video is that they're base trading with alts and mains, but the person making the video put an end to it by killing the alts, halting the base trading.

You can explore. You are not allowed to exploit though.

You can go to Ilum as soon as you get your ship, and explore the whole planet, that's authorized. But if you exploit the PvP objectives with a low level opposite faction character, then you will be banned.

That's fine if they are exploiting but the post I am reading is about the guy who looted high level containers and nodes.

I don't consider that exploiting.

Seems more like players are being blamed for design errors and mistakes.

You gain pvp currency by capping bases, and pvp itself means little to nothing. What these people were doing were using a low-level alt to cap bases, then they would use their main characters to take the base back. Essentially, you can gain way more pvp currency by trading bases rather than fighting. If you kill all the enemies, there will be no more bases to cap, resulting in no currency.

Edit: what's happening in this video is that they're base trading with alts and mains, but the person making the video put an end to it by killing the alts, halting the base trading.

I guess from what I saw from the video was kinda like base clubbing? Shady

Well then you don't obviously know how to read, or you are just here to try and lie and justify yourself. But, that is pretty hard now when there is a video that has proof of why you fools were actually banned.

http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=663

Nice try though.

Nice, conspiracy theories!

I was going by the Reddit post X-Files so whatever you are talking about is not the samething I was.

If you READ, you would know that.

Now if you want to say he made the email from Bioware up, I'm all for your conspiracy theories.

That's fine if they are exploiting but the post I am reading is about the guy who looted high level containers and nodes.

I don't consider that exploiting.

Seems more like players are being blamed for design errors and mistakes.

Welp, according to little billy here

They own the game, they have the right to terminate you without cause.

Which means If Bw was to sell you a brand new TV for 2000$ they hold the right to shut it off forever without cause.

Thanks for the explanation!

Anyone who's ever played a MMO knows that actions like these will result in bans.