The Guss Tuno Appreciation Thread

injektilo

I just wish I could romance him.

Me too! Or at the very least [Flirt] him off balance. Don't pretend you don't want to see him adorably flustered when the Smuggler gets all inappropriately affectionate.

Does it make me a loser that everytime I send him on a mission and he says "where am i supposed to go?" it makes me sad?

If you're a loser for that, I am too. First time I heard it I actually got halfway to the "resummon" button before I fought through the wave of guilt to stop myself.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok when i first seen this thread i had literally got guss the night before, i had quinn with my SW and i hated him nothing to do with the story either, so i wasn't completely sure about guss. however i have to say, he might be my fav companion out of any i have had so far on any class

I also get so damn sad every time he says "Where should I go?" or "Did I do something wrong?" :( Poor kid.

Guss is an awesome companion though, definitely one of my favorites. He sort of acts like the "little brother" of the crew. It's fun and sweet.

I just finished all of Guss's conversation I wish he had some companion missions but otherwise he is awesome.

I can see it now: "Okay, we need to convince these old contacts that I'm a real Jedi now."

"Great. I'll do the footwork, and you...strike a pose try not to cut yourself with the lightsaber."

"That sounds perfect! Thank you, captain!"

I didn't take kindly to being conned on Hoth by him(and neither did my wookiee) and kept trying to shoot him when I encountered him in those caves again...

Me: "I'm still going to kll you"

Guss: "See, that's what I like about you! You never change your mind!"

Me: "...?"

I didn't like him.

Then I gave him some gifts. And had 1 conversation with him.

He's hilareous! :D

I didn't take kindly to being conned on Hoth by him(and neither did my wookiee) and kept trying to shoot him when I encountered him in those caves again...

Me: "I'm still going to kll you"

Guss: "See, that's what I like about you! You never change your mind!"

Me: "...?"

I didn't like him.

Then I gave him some gifts. And had 1 conversation with him.

He's hilareous! :D

This. I hated this guy, wanted to shoot him, enjoyed punching him in the face upon recruitment, and then realized he's the most entertaining person my Smuggler has ever met. Now we're best friends.

• 3 weeks later...

I love him during the class quests on Corellia.

ME: "Well this is about as bad as it can be."

GUSS: "Nope, iof they knew all this time we'd been working for the Voidwolf by accident that would be the worst."

Darmas in the distance "...and I've already told them how you've been working for the Voidwolf."

GUSS :"Ok, its the worst."

Edited by Ahgasbane

Genuinely this is my favourite thread in these forums so I felt moved to post. Absolute brilliance.

I am just about to get him, cant wait until I do,

Thanks all who posted I have belly laughed and smiled in anticipation of what is to come......

• 5 months later...
Is it only me that thinks of him as Guss Tuna?

I so call him Fish Face!

I come from the dark side where my main was a sniper. The healing companion on the sniper is very good, so as such I was really gutted when I looked at the picture of Guss, as I really wanted a humanoid who talks English.

I was not only suprised that he did speak English, but even more so at how funny he is. By far my fav companion and I love the fact he can use all my hand me downs!!!!! so his gear level is never far behind my own.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I have to say "cod head" is my fave. I think someone has already said it but this line always makes me smile:

""My friend is going to get you!"!

He sort of reminds of the Tommy Cooper version of a Jedi - "spoon - lightsaber, lightsaber - spoon; just like that"

Guss is a stand by companion I use consistently, on my gunslingers, on my sawbones, on my scrappers . . . to date my favorite Guss line I've only seen once: "I'll name my first born child after you!" it was during the recent companion gear bug. He died, I picked him up after finishing off the baddies, and he said it. xD

• 3 months later...

Based on the story line I wasn't really fond of Guss. Then I read this thread and thought, well, Corso has been dying a lot lately on harder encounters and I can't do much to help him as a Gunslinger. So I tried Guss.

Here's my toast to Guss Tuno:

reasonably brave, as long as we're winning.

I also do like that he's not keen on aggroing extra groups the way some companions do.

Not really a multitasker though. He's good at healing and at running away, but sometimes I wish he could heal while we're running away.

• 4 months later...
Smuggler is my 2nd to last AC to hit max, and Guss was a huge surprise, i have had him for just an hour and felt the need to already find out who else loves this guy. He is hilarious, probably some of the best dialogue i have had in game so far with my female scoundrel. love it! kudos.

He's annoying in conversation choices, because he's so cowardly and wants to always make a profit, and both of my Smugglers are a bit more heroic or "eh, sure, I'll do that... almost getting shots sounds like fun." But outside of that, I love him. I love when you summon him in and he just says, "Hey." Though the best is "Maybe not so much fighting today?" I want to pat him on the back whenever he says it and say "Probably not, buddy. Probably not."

One of my favorite random comments was when we were on Belsavis and about to take on the World Destroyer or whatever its name is. "You have a Wookiee, don't you think it would be better to have him around? I'm not really cut out for taking on World Destroyers." (or something like that) Cracked me up.